• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest - Ashenvale Tileset[Dead]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
naw! im doing this one... but i cant get an angle... i need an angle for my pics... i allready have the map made...

If it is not possible to take a good screenshot of your terrain, it is not good! :p
So what's your problem? Hold the Ctrl key down and turn the camera holding Right Click. Use the view menu to optimize view for your wishes (should be game view or something similar). Then press the "print" key or command+shift+3 or four to take a screenshot.
We're waiting for your Screenshot! 8)

And Rui, we're skipping black citadel and still don't have official results for Ashenvale and none for Barrens. Will we get them in the end after all tilesets?

Level 4
Since I actually have time to do stuff Sunday & Monday, I might do one then... Fun.

BTW - If I am required to enter the previous tilesets, would you mind informing me of which ones I missed? (ASAP please) If I don't have to do them, then that's good as well, especially if I had to do them and there were already "winners" of that tileset.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Waldbär said:
And Rui, we're skipping black citadel and still don't have official results for Ashenvale and none for Barrens. Will we get them in the end after all tilesets?

I haven't seen any votes. Before the contest ends on the last tileset, we will decide who are the winners I guess. But, if you people vote sooner, we will choose them earlier.

Deathlust said:
Since I actually have time to do stuff Sunday & Monday, I might do one then... Fun.

BTW - If I am required to enter the previous tilesets, would you mind informing me of which ones I missed? (ASAP please) If I don't have to do them, then that's good as well, especially if I had to do them and there were already "winners" of that tileset.

Ashenvale and Barrens. And no, the tilesets Barrens and Ashenvale are over. We're currently working on Black Citadel.

-Rui

Level 8
:D Your lucky day!

church3qg.jpg

AW ^^

</SeruK\>

Level 10
@Bob27: I think it's very rough, many very big doodads, no smaller ones => no details. Also, the same doodad is use very often just beside another, so there is few change. :?

@Seruk: Better, still not very much to see in it, but everything has it's own place. Perhaps you have some ideas for other details or another scene? :D

I think I have to hand in something by myself again instead of critisizing endless without making something better... :oops:
We'll see, maybe I'll make something during the next days...

Level 6
Thanks for ignoring mine
Rui I feel so appreciated, anyways,
Emergenys has so many problems with
it it's not even funny. The main
one is the extreme spikes in the terrain,
you will never, ever find that anywhere,
it is completly un-natural and looks
hidious. The other are minor that
I'd rather not go into but I hardly
consider your judgement as accurate
anymore Rui after missing those blatent
mistakes.

Actually, rock spikes do form that way
in nature although they are still not
that pointy and are usually on a larger
scale (like mountains)example:
2024sa.jpg

I would still suggest using the smooth
tool on the very top of those spikes,
Emergenzy.

Level 4
I'm currently out of business in this, beacuse life is really busy atm, sorry. I was like 3/4's of the way done with my stupid black citadel terrain as well... Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life sucks.

Level 8
Deathlust said:
I'm currently out of business in this, beacuse life is really busy atm, sorry. I was like 3/4's of the way done with my stupid black citadel terrain as well... Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life sucks.

Guh, suitable name then

I made this just for fun :p it's a magical book in the museum which guests can look at :)

wct8mr.jpg

Level 6
add some bricks or round tiles to
the middle of the white marble and

use the marble as a sidewalk. Add
some junk to the sides of the buildings
and some bushes and flowers to the lawns
(it all looks rather empty) and whats
with the giant yellow child? otherwise,
great terrains.

Level 4
I am curently making a stormwind terain, but i can only
have an hour a day, beacause i only get 2 hours when i
get back from town at 11 o clock. I allways stay out
with mates at park really late, so i never have much
time for much else (and in mornings im on msn alot)
Also, my girlfreind wants to be with me for all my
living hours, not that i complain, lol, but anyways, i
dont get much time 4 map making.

The stormwind terain will have the hills done too and
will be very wow style. I dont really use custom models
much in terain, but i can do it. The terain will go
into my campaign i am creating, and i never
protect my maps, so all who need a stormwind terain
when im done can help themselves.

i will submit some screenshots when im done, but
slight bits of it are giving me hassel.

p.s: when you post on these forums, arange your text
like I am doing here, it is much more easy to read
and people dont have to scroll accross to read it
(which gets very annoying!)

Level 4
how long is cityscape terain contest for? it will
take me a long while to finish my terain, because its
hard to have to do every detail of stormwind that
there is. It will probably take me over 10 more dayd
to do, will be finished in november. The reason im
spending so long on it is because its not made
especcially for a terain contest, ot will be part of
my campaign.

p.s: rui, stop writing pointless short posts
like "yellow kid is fun" you are only doing it to get
ur post counter up. very lame!

Level 6
Ah ,reminds me of angel arena,
when they had that giant
infant with too many auras,
I think that the archmage might
have a better effect but the
kid makes me laugh.

Level 6
all of the hidden city buildings
in the WE have doors that are too
small. I would have used the regular
city buildings, but these fit more
with the rest of the terrain.

Level 10
Nice screenshots! Very well done, especially concerning the details. The only problem I see is the difference between the world trees and the bridges along them and the rest. Looks a bit like two scales in one picture... but anyways it looks very good. :)

We're officially at the "Cityscape" tileset at the moment.
But I think there's nobody anymore who wants to submit one and we should go on to the next tileset or make "Cityscape", "Dalaran" and "Dalaran-Ruins" simultaneously, because they are all town tilesets and need to be handled in nearly the same way. At least the first two of them. So what shall we do, master Rui? :wink:

Level 10
Dead? Hmm, may be. If Rui again answers, it's not dead anymore. :)
Let's wait a few days for him and if he doesn't answer, there are two options: we let this thing die or we go on ourselves and for this at first we should make some clear rules. That's the main problem of this contest, the theme is too undefined. And there is no ranking. What's a contest without ranking?! :x

Level 5
not bad ! but you are using imported models it's no so right to do ! For example i can make whole terrain in 3dsmax and import and use as doodad, to create a wonderfull terrain ! For realy contest all creators must use default models and textures !

Level 10
We already had maps with many more imported models in it in this contest, I think it's OK in this case. Which other custom model except of this wood column (don't know how I should call it) did he actually use? Ah, there's possibly the big house in the seventh picture... I think you guys simply underestimate what is possible using only the original war3models if you combine them efficiently, like Elthanor did it. 8)

But if we make new rules we really should add the one to use only the original War3/TFT-Models.

Status
Not open for further replies.