• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terraining Challenge 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
It's still wip. The reason I don't want to make them bigger is because I want the mountains behind them to be huge.

Here's a new wip to see if the tents improved. Thanks to the perspective you can't see the scales, but the mountains in the back are supposed to be of double height.

Attachments

• wip4.jpg
    wip4.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 95
Level 19
Go to object editor and find your doodad. Then go to pitch angle and roll ange fields. Open them by holding shift and enter a negative number and you have your model rolled/pitched.

Last edited:
Level 3
Here's a WIP from another scene. Definatly not fleshed out, but I think it's a good start.

Attachments

• WIP-Icecrown2.jpg
    WIP-Icecrown2.jpg
    666.2 KB · Views: 182
Level 13
I might actually finish this one lol. Ladys and gentlemen... I give you
IRONFORGE
Things to note:
  • This is only a Wip with lots of work it still needs.
  • The Pillar will be moved
  • More Trees will be added
  • The ironforge structure is nearly complete
  • Im still looking for a way to make the windows glow yellow/orange
  • The entrance to Ironforge is still incomplete
|||||||||| - Ironforge is 40% Complete

Attachments

• Ironforge.jpg
    Ironforge.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 157
Level 21
I might actually finish this one lol. Ladys and gentlemen... I give you
IRONFORGE
Things to note:
  • This is only a Wip with lots of work it still needs.
  • The Pillar will be moved
  • More Trees will be added
  • The ironforge structure is nearly complete
  • Im still looking for a way to make the windows glow yellow/orange
  • The entrance to Ironforge is still incomplete
|||||||||| - Ironforge is 40% Complete

oh man, now I'm gonna lose again...

sometimes you make me jealous :p

Level 13
Yea, I can tint it, but im actually using a glitchy object for the windows (a doodad version of the gate which needs a seperate skin to work) So I'm not sure if i can tint the white area of it. I'm thinking about using the crystal doodad and tinting it yellow but im not sure yet. Anyway, ill figure something out. :wink: Nice screens by everyone else too btw. Everything looks good so far.

Thanks for the compliments Rui and Eleandor :smile:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Announcement

By the way, I thought I'd announce one of those mini-competitions for certain tilesets.

And the mini-challenge for this tileset is...

The Frozen Throne
Using the same tileset, Icecrown Glacier, I want you to create a scene exactly like the last movie one looking at the throne, somewhat like the screenshot below. Considering I've announced it later, I'll provide you with one extra week to finish both the Icecrown terrain and the mini-challenge.

The rules are the same, yet you'll need only 1 WIP and you are limited to 1 final screenshot.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
So what would we receive for wining this mini-challenge?
20 reputation points for the person on the first place, 15 for the second, and 10 for the third!

And can the pic for that also count as the pic for the normal challenge?
No, and I would appreciate if you didn't base your terrain off the mini-challenge. I wanted to avoid using the mini-challenge as a "help" for the main contest since all the participants would do the same and it would get very repetitive. I'd rather rely on originality. Not to mention the already low number of custom doodads for snowy tilesets in the Ultimate Terraining Map.
In resume, it's better if you stick to your first thoughts, but you can use the Frozen Throne as an idea for the main contest, you just can't use the screenshot of the mini-challenge for the main one.

The end of the Icecrown Glacier tileset is now set to the 21st September.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You can base your main terrain on the Frozen Throne. However, you CANNOT use the screenshot of the mini-challenge, nor use any similar ones, for example, the same angle but changed range. This reduces your screenshot possibilities if you base your terrain off the Frozen Throne, of course.

Level 13
Frozen Throne! LAWLZ! ...Rui you need to make a rule for the mini contest preventing the use of the Frozen Throne model by blizzard (seen below). It makes the entire challange pointless..

Edit:
Also, I dont want this to count as an entry. I just wanted to show Rui that the Frozen Throne can be made with only 1 doodad. (which should be restricted to prevent everyone from posting the same thing)

Attachments

• Frozen Throne.jpg
    Frozen Throne.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 151
Level 9
here's some WIPs so far

Attachments

• WIP1.jpg
    WIP1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 158
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg