• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Challenge 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalaran Downtown

WIP
It is just 25% done

Attachments

• Image.JPG
    Image.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Level 13
I also am curious, if the tileset is Dalaran can we use Dalaran ruins also? I know this was discussed at the beginning of the competition but I dont remember if you ever gave us a decision. Also, I have a somewhat unique perspective on Dalaran that will be showcased in my terrain (if I have time to finish it - I didnt get to finish my barrens entry)

Level 3
I'll consider both Dalaran and Dalaran Ruins since people wouldn't want to do two separate terrains.

By the way, Raptor, the sky looks buggy.

Yeah I know.
And.. now it's both Dalaran and Dalaran Ruins - well, okay... can you say if other tilesets will also be merged together?

Level 8
I belive Outland and Black Citadel?
I also think all of the lordaerons [Summer, Fall, Winter]
And maybe Icecrown Glacier and Northrend?

Level 8
I mean... so there are tilesets that are almost exactly similar (for example: the Lordaeron seasons.) That part of the competition will just be... a chance to pick between the 3 possible ones?

Level 13
Wip 1

My first WIP's for the Dalaran Tileset. This is the Dalaran Dreamscape, based partially off an odd dream I had recently. Anyway, the emptyness is part of the eerie atmosphere I'm trying to create. Also, some of the mess around the middle will be cleaned up.
Well, let me know what you guys think. Hopefully I'll be able to find time to finish this tileset.

Attachments

• Dalaran Dreamscape 2.jpg
    Dalaran Dreamscape 2.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Dalaran Dreamscape.jpg
    Dalaran Dreamscape.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 166
Level 4
Add Meeeee ^.^

I'll join the next tileset, so whenever that is (i'll check constantly after august 3rd XD) but right now i'll want to play around with it and see what this "ultimate" map is......wow....i'm am amazed i've never seen this before >.<

Level 21
I decided to join in once more... I don't intend to continue working on the dalaran one as I feel it's more or less finished, and I got tired of it :)

One note first: this site decreases imagesize to 800*600. It screws up my screenshots. Therefor, I also uploaded them (on a website where they should be available for at least 3 months).

I present: The Dalaran High School (featuring a mage school and a temple in the rock formations.)

"Sigh... back to teaching... I liked it more on the battlefield before Garithos died..."

Priest: "The light is my strength!"
All: "By the power of the light!"

Sorc 1: "And when he said he loved me, I was like *oh my God, he's so ugly!*"
Sorc 2: "gniffle"
Sorc 3: "So what did you say?"
Sorc 1: "well, I broke my nail after he said that, so I had to get a new one first..."

More screens:

Final Screenshots:

WIP screenshots are attached too (last 2 screenshots in attachments)

oh and if you're wondering what that huge yellow light is, some students dropped a potion in it...

EDIT: I forgot to attach the map - fixed.

Attachments

• dalaran1.jpg
    dalaran1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 116
  • dalaran2.jpg
    dalaran2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 152
  • dalaran3.jpg
    dalaran3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 98
  • dalaran4.jpg
    dalaran4.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 102
  • dalaran5.jpg
    dalaran5.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 86
  • dalaran6.jpg
    dalaran6.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 101
  • dalaran8.jpg
    dalaran8.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 98
  • dalaran7.jpg
    dalaran7.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 109
  • very wip.jpg
    very wip.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 100
  • wip 2.jpg
    wip 2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 3
I started over and now I have the first WIPs. It's still some kinda park, maybe in front of a school or another mighty building, I dunno right now.

Attachments

• dalaran_002.jpg
    dalaran_002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 110
  • dalaran_003.jpg
    dalaran_003.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 113
  • dalaran_004.jpg
    dalaran_004.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 105
  • dalaran_005.jpg
    dalaran_005.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 109
Level 1
I've been having problems with my WE and WcIII game in general. I will not be sending in a dalaran and most likely the next one after that and sorry but I didn't get the 3 in on time either due to these same problems.

Level 13
New

WIP 2
For those of you who are curious, this terrain was based off a dream I had awhile back. I've written some parts of it down to give the terrain some background information. For those of you not interested, the screenies can be found at the bottom of the post.

The air is sharp and moist. Cautiously you stumble through the darkness towards the end of the tunnel. Some small plants greet you as you exit the shadows into a chamber filled with the clouds of civilizations past. You look ahead and see the remains of the Dalaran that once was and the Dalaran that still is. Beyond the skyline a small row of doors catch your eye...
Dalaran Dreamscape 3.jpg

Carefully you make your way through the ghostly city, the buildings leaning over you as a tree leans when its roots are rotted and dead. As you approach the doors a small figure appears then vanishes into the blackness, you hear the hinges of the door creak as the creatures frail body weighs against them. You inhale, your pulse quickens and your fingertips begin to sweat. Quickly you follow...
Room.jpg

As you enter the room the brightness is overwhelming. Instantly you tighten your eyes to deter the strain on your vision. As your eyes begin to focus a figure comes into perspective. Instantly you recognize the figure as yourself...
Behind the Door.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the story and images, the next section of WIP's should contain something a little more climactic and interesting, but for now I must end here. Anyway, for those of you who don't enjoy the story please feel free to view the WIP's at the bottom of my posts.

Dalaran Dreamscape 3.jpg Behind the Door.jpg Room.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Arab4Life: It's a dream, it doesn't need to make sense...

I love your weird perspective screen Herio, keep it up :)

Level 13
Thanks for the kind comments everyone :smile: Im glad you all like the idea.

Herio how do you rotate units, models and terrain with WEU? Can I make a unit walk in the ceiling for example or on the wall?
I actually dont use WEU, I just use the basic WE. Also, doodads can be rotated along the X axis by changing the Max Roll Degrees or Max Pitch Degrees to a negative number. The footman you see there has a -2.57 degrees pitch angle, and is a doodad. To make a doodad stand upside down, the pitch or roll should be set to -3.14 and to make it stand sideways the max pitch/roll should be set to -1.57.

Level 19
*ooh man*

Please Rui, I'm sorry again. Lately I'm leaving pretty much contests, and I am sorry for it.
My time is just so limited these 'times' :(
Rui, I would like to leave for an unkown set of time.
If I could return, I would let u know... If thats fine by you?

~- Heero

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.