• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Techtree Contest

What theme, and rules, would you like to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
but then theres a certain disadvantage to some soloers, since they dont know how to make jass spells or triggered spells in general, so they look lame compared to everyone else. and also the fact that the modelers have models they keep for themselves in their greedy ways and teyll make their race look kooler.
See, that's called talent. That's why some people "win", and some "lose". If you can't make spells, and can't make any models, how are you planning on making a tech tree in the first place?

Level 34
No. If someone wants to make their own models, skins, or spells, they are welcome to.
Creep is the race. Basically anything that's neutral hostile in melee games.
If you aren't sure if you can use a certain race, just ask me.

This contest will be up by the end of the week.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
So, the contesters can only still use one creep race, like an techtree only of ogres or murlocs. But I'm not sure if anyone can make an good model 'till end of the week, so downloading one is the best thing to do (unless you already made one, or is an model maniac, that makes an good model in 2 hours).

Level 22
well, i plan to win by using resources that i've collected/found throughout my time. or atleast to try.
ok, are :
1. Goblins creeps?
2. Pandaren creeps? there is a pandaren neutral hero
3. What goes under bandits? can we have heavily armored bandits? like almost Empire-grade heavily armored?
4. Chaos, is chaos considered a creep? since there are alot of demons...

Level 34
So, the contesters can only still use one creep race, like an techtree only of ogres or murlocs. But I'm not sure if anyone can make an good model 'till end of the week, so downloading one is the best thing to do (unless you already made one, or is an model maniac, that makes an good model in 2 hours).
You can mix races, remember that wc3's rces are mixed a lot.

well, i plan to win by using resources that i've collected/found throughout my time. or atleast to try.
ok, are :
1. Goblins creeps?
2. Pandaren creeps? there is a pandaren neutral hero
3. What goes under bandits? can we have heavily armored bandits? like almost Empire-grade heavily armored?
Goblins and Pandaren are not creeps, sorry.
Yeah, the bandit thing sounds fine.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
But I'm not sure if anyone can make an good model 'till end of the week, so downloading one is the best thing to do (unless you already made one, or is an model maniac, that makes an good model in 2 hours).
Yeah, I guess feasibly, if you can get a modeller (or are one yourself) to make a model you need in the short interval before this contest starts, get it submitted/approved, then it would work.

However, I just suggested that; Gilles may not actually put it into the rules.

Level 24
Yeah, but I can only assume that at Wc3C, they don't care whether you use their resources or the Hive's resources. It's a simple [Search], no?
Perhaps a link should be provided from where you got each imported resource(s)?

hvo-busterkomo said:
Why not? There are neutral hostile pandaren in melee games.
No, there are only Polar Bears and Polar Furbolgs as far as I can remember (played rather recently).

Level 12
No, there are only Polar Bears and Polar Furbolgs as far as I can remember (played rather recently).

Actually, there is a pandaren Neutral Hostile. You can find it in the Northrend Neutral Hostile section. It may look like a Polar furbolg, but it's actually not. Its name even says, Pandaren-Level 4. I've even fought them in one of Blizzard's melee maps.

Level 15
So just out of curiosity, what races are you guys planning on making?

I will be doing murloc as my main race and turtles as a subrace.

Level 12
So just out of curiosity, what races are you guys planning on making?

I will be doing murloc as my main race and turtles as a subrace.

I think I'll be doing either:

Savage/Native Alliance: Centaur, Quillboar, Harpy.
or
The Corrupted: Basically satyrs with almost every other Creep Type from felwood as subraces (sludge, mutant murloc, corrupted spider, etc.).
or
The Outcasts: Bandits, Dark Magi, and Fallen Priests.

Level 34
Yeah, but I can only assume that at Wc3C, they don't care whether you use their resources or the Hive's resources. It's a simple [Search], no?
Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant apparently. No, there will be nothing like that. People can use whatever models they want, including models created specifically for the contest. Take note that the maps cannot be protected.

Level 24
NO offense or anything similar intended at all, just a fun "thing".
This contest is like the opposite of wc3c's upcoming Race Creation Contest.
Hive has full techtree, wc3c has mini.
Wc3c has no custom resources, Hive has all you want.
Hive has a theme, wc3c does not.
--
Not that it matters, just thought I'd let people know.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Lawl. For Dusk, I think it's something of the feminine persuasion. (or so he claims). xD
But if it's all typed up, I wish he would just jump on and post it, then let us go. I have to leave eventually.

Anyway... I just hope I can pin down this Goblin race for the contest. And that I can decide: custom Rig model by Phoenix, or find a Warmech hero model before the contest starts (unlikely)??

Level 34
Dusk? He's not really around anymore.

I'm slow, yes. I did say it will be up this weekend, and it will though.

Level 15
Can you give tell us what all the rules are going to be so that we can plan out our races a bit more, like import size and that kind of stuff.

Level 15
Chaos race would probably be easier since there are alot more units that you could use. Bandits dont have that many.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Heroes:
- Bandit Lord
- Rogue Mage (or of a certain element, see TFT Human campaign)
- "Uber Assassin"
- ?

Units:
Bandits (melee)
Bandits (spearthrowers)
Bandits (assassin, = Sc Dark Templar?? :p)
Wolves
Convicts (barely controllable ex-convicts, freed from Alliance prison camps)
At this point, you'd have to introduce some secondary race. Maybe a group of disgruntled Dwarves decides to help out the Bandits (as a sort of analog to the actual Human race). Heck, you could even throw Elves in there, perhaps.

For some interesting bit, you could have it where part of race (or the whole thing...) is only available through a kind of Mercenary Camp; so you don't have to Train the unit, just buy it (but they have a limited stock).

Also, maybe having mobile bases (always on the run).

HFR

HFR

Level 22
At this point, you'd have to introduce some secondary race. Maybe a group of disgruntled Dwarves decides to help out the Bandits (as a sort of analog to the actual Human race). Heck, you could even throw Elves in there, perhaps.

If you want to make renegade dwarves, there's lots of models in the database.

Prsonnaly, I think that an race about bandits and renegades would win this contest (alongside with good spells and balance). Talking about balance, it's not too unbalanced the idea of "buying units"?

Status
Not open for further replies.