• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #11: Theme Poll

Please Vote on the ~Contest Type~ and ~Theme~

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel like y'all are over-exaggerating the 'resource obstacle'. there are tons of steampunk/futuristic models, much more than mythological ones. buildings might be a problem, but you just gotta be a bit inventive. besides, how your race plays is more important than how it looks.

idm working solo, but heck maybe working in a pair might be fun:
skills: i'm good with 2d art & knowledge of wc3 meta/balance, and can do everything else at an average level.
looking for: human companionship and a reason to keep going
timezone: gmt+10

Level 18
Indeed, jejeje here is the code for the (Looking for Partner Post), feel free to use it.

[table][B]Contestant[/B][C][B]Skills to Offer[/B][C][B]Skills preferred in partner[/B][C][B]Extra Info[/B][R]
[URL='http://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/astaroth-zion.202681/']Astaroth Zion[/URL] [C]
[LIST]
[*]3D modelling.
[*]Scratch Animations.
[*]Average world editor usage.
[*]GUI codding (can use Jass)
[/LIST]
[C]
[LIST]
[*]Codding (GUI, Jass, VJass)
[*]2D art (model textures).
[*]2D Art (icons)
[/LIST]
[C]Current timezone GMT -4:00[R][/TABLE]

Last edited:
Level 12
I will work alone
After browsing for fitting models for about an hour for a whole techtree 'techno-magic' i am officially worried and probably at the door as you are.

(on another note, is the xgm website down or deleted, I cant seem to find it anymore altho last time I visited it was 3 years ago)

Try xgm.guru

Level 18
Also in the descriptions of the poll options and the discussion thread it was always stated as Optionally Paired, and that's the modifier we have agreed to implement.

I'm pretty sure you can't work alone. That is like saying, I don't like techno-magic, so I'll just do space pirates instead.
On a second thought, The_Silent may be pointing out that you should stick to the theme even if you decide to work alone. ¿Maybe?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Great Idea, will just steal your table, hehe.

ContestantSkills to OfferLooking forExtra Info

The_Silent

• 3D modelling.
  • Texturing
  • Icons
  • Scratch Animations.
  • Experienced NewGen editor user
  • Vjass / Jass, Gui (Still has to learn to use timers properly instead of loops, haha)

• Better coder
  • Animations transferring + mesh merging
  • More inspired person.
Current timezone GMT +1:00 (As hive)

Daym.

I feel useless.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Sure thing; any one of you can suggest it/write it up. : )

About the skills: don't feel bad. That's the point. Not all of us are good at something, but the coding/design is one of the big tenets of this thing. It's expected that that's all that some can do.

Maybe next contest we could have a No Imports again. I remember participating in one, but I don't know if it was on the Hive or not. I also remember it was quite liberating to be able to make whatever I wanted to without having to rely on custom 3D assets.

Having an RPG contest could be cool, but again, this is the kind of thing that in my mind would benefit best from a team rather than just one guy. Maybe we could just have a community project that utilises submissions from multiple people? That would be hard to get right tho.

Level 12
Maybe next contest we could have a No Imports again. I remember participating in one, but I don't know if it was on the Hive or not. I also remember it was quite liberating to be able to make whatever I wanted to without having to rely on custom 3D assets.

Not advisable as No Imports theme was already used and we need different themes to make it interesting
Just my opinion

Level 18
I agree that having similar themes for consecutive contest is not a good idea.

However the last time we got No-Imports contest was on Techtree #6 back in 2012. Also it lasted about 15 days, so a quick contest indeed.

I don't see any problem on having the (No Imports, 15 days) contest again. A short version like that could be easily hosted if people are interested. My vote goes to adding the "No Imports" as a theme for the next contest poll.

Going back on topic, I was thinking that Asgard as portraited in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a good example of Techno-Magic. Those Asgardians have magic so embebded to their techonology that they work as one.
soASp.jpg

PS: btw our host is working to start this contest #11, lets keep brainstorming.

Level 12
I got THIS IDEA!:
How about a Free themed contest every 5 contests?
So anyone can go either No imports or imports

OFC most rules would be disabled for the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.