• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #8 - The Seal of Magus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that I didn't really make today:

- The F.U.R.I.O.S. Tank hero's model used a dwarf car modification I had made for the Heaven's Fall frost tank as its base, so I saved time in not having to delete the dwarf, etc.
- The aforementioned Science Vessel is not new
- The Biocenter model (and all of the land/float animations of the "ship" buildings) used data that was in the "InvasionNecropolis" model, you can find it in the Heaven's Fall model archives -- it is for a race that hasn't escaped from Alpha testing/design in Heaven's Fall onto the internet yet. Point being, the necropolis designed to float already existed, I just had to reskin/cut parts until it was that Biocenter. And I borrowed its floating uproot animations.

I think that's it for things that weren't newly made today (aside from their all being based on standard wc3 models, etc).

But yeah, when I woke up this morning I was like "How about I put a night elf in a marine suit, and then make a civilization around it..." so I did!

Because of the Matrix Eater, something like the Tech-Queen model takes me only maybe like an hour tops, because I just took Shandris, imported Sorceress animations, deleted some leftover Shandris stuff, then imported the Tinker's back thing and all its animations, then fixed stuff and deleted stuff. To be honest, I wasted a lot of time trying to rearrange that cape that I probably should have just removed, too.

Well, I've made significant headway. I don't know how late I am in the GMT time zone, but I know in my time zone I'm up stupidly late at night.

But I just started running these heroes around, and there's just so much awesome... I made some of their abilities more interesting.

And I made upgrades and stuff!

So, here's the latest update of my really late version. In a perfect world, there's a lot more that I'd do for this race, but I may be out of time. I have junk I have to do tomorrow to make up for doing nothing but making the S.E.N.T.I.N.E.L. today.

Attachments

• (8)Sanctuary Retera Late and Improved.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 329
And like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I believe that I have the ability to blend all of the submissions into a playable mod -- playable in both multiplayer and single player -- where you could play any of these new techtrees against each other or against normal races on any melee map.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Status
Not open for further replies.