- Nov 6, 2008
Contestants are to create a whole new race for Warcraft III melee gaming.
There are no limitations in this contest, so try to be as creative as possible!
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
- Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
- Several screenshots of race in action.
- The file in the appropriate format.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your final submission must be bug free enough to test and play.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Finding testers to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
- Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
- The features that may be edited are:
- Gameplay constants
- Game interface
- Object editor
- Trigger editor
- Sound editor
- The map's terrain may not be edited. The current four melee races may not be edited; copy and paste the default units you are about to edit.
- Participants must download the (to be provided) template map, edit it and then resubmit it as their entry.
- The resulting map may not exceed 5 MB in size.
- Your submission may not be started before the official launch of the contest.
- First Place: 50 reputation points and a special award icon
- Second Place: 35 reputation points
- Third Place: 20 reputation points
- Tell us if you want to judge!
|How fun the gameplay is; does the race itself offer various features to experiment with?||/10|
|How easily can the race stand against the default races? Is it particularly easy to wipe out or too hard to confront?||/10|
|Are the roles of the warriors shared in a flat manner, are they getting too repetitive or each of them plays a unique and significant role in the battlegrounds?||/10|
|How creative is the race from every aspect, technical & conceptual?||/10|
|Does the final output look good? How well do the models bind with each other, resulting the proper feel of an actual race? Does it look like a simple race-edit?||/10|
- 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- The contest shall begin on 25th July 2011 and conclude on 6th October 2011, 11:59 PM GMT
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2013978-post454.html (Ahimtar)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2015613-post466.html (Wazzz)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2015902-post470.html (ashbringer753)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2019528-post519.html (shiiK)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1981189-post246.html (Dionesiist)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2021681-post556.html (Narogog)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2019908-post526.html (Spinnaker)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2021069-post546.html (67chrome)
• http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2021552-post552.html (Kam)