Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Techtree Contest #13 - Results

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Spellbound, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Welp, there goes my potentially first gold techtree medal.

2. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thankfully I was able to get into contact with @Nightmare2077 and we had a voice chat regarding the concerns pertaining to the judging results. As it stands, he was unfortunately not made aware of the issues within January where time was more available to him, and with it being quite a bit later than when the initial judging results were handled it does complicate things.

In speaking to him, I was able to get insight towards his perspective that explains how he came to some otherwise confusing judgments. A lot of the results are a mix of looking through various bugs and issues with entries, and a little less at the interest or the allure of the content itself. With the goal of objectivity over subjectivity in mind, this led to cleaner entries with less errors and no readily apparent issues being found scoring higher, in some respects regardless of the core design. A little different to what we are used to in terms of judging results, but as it was standing, there was going to be no judging results at all.

I think there are quite a few people who would have seen the results go a little differently, but at this point to get a re-judging happening this would probably involve getting @Nightmare2077 to start all over again from scratch, to play the maps again after sorting out version issues regarding Warcraft 3 due to issues concerning Reforged, as this is over a month after the judging was handled and it's only come to light now that there were some changes that needed to be made. Another alternative being to introduce a second judge would likely only further muddy results, and possibly lead to similar issues - if a second judge can be found at all.

With that in mind, it seems the most practical solution to accept the results as they are, as while they do come from a different perspective to what we would expect within a Techtree Contest, they do have a logic to them and with his perspective being expressed, they do make quite a bit more sense how they were put together. As such, I would like to thank @Nightmare2077 for acting as our substitute judge, and think we are about ready to wrap this contest up and look forward to the next one soon. Best of luck, and congratulations to the winners :)

3. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot Wazzz for explaining the situation!
    I thank all the participants for their entries, it's been a lot of fun judging them. As I said before, if you want further comments or clarifications - I'll gladly help.

Congratulations to the winners, and best of luck to all of you in future contests!
    So despite our hard deforged times, Long live Warcraft:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

4. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe if you find yourself in the mood for it, you can come and join one of the future Techtree Contests, see how you do if time permits :)

5. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Excellent. Best of luck in the next contests guys.

6. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  7. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    my apologies if my way of reasons was no-accurate, but more or less, I try from the begining to encourage a practical solution, let pass this (wich imo is notthing big, it tend to happen) and no re-judging.

congratz the winners.

8. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your solution was far from practical and simply advised to not open any lines of dialogue. The lines of communication were opened and results were formulated from there.

9. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok I offer you a public apology then for my mistakes (I dont know what else I can do at this point).

in other topic it may be usefull to link this here IMO:

Techtree Contest #14 - Reforge, Don't Refund [Optionally Paired]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  10. Riki

Riki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Apparently it's time for me to come back here again :grin:

Congratulations to the winners, it was a very good contest with great entries. I'm hoping all of you are ready for the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.