• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have finally come up with a name that i might keep if i dont get a better.

The Resistance!!

My race is going along well and i will post a WIP soon if i just can get all spells done. Good luck to everyone else!!

Level 7
Oh yeah :roll:. Anyway but you got the point right? That race would be so unbalanced.

Um i think you should let him make the race and test them before you start criticizing him about his idea.....

I think it sounds cool! Though he probobly needs to work much on the idea t get it balanced...

Level 12
Dang I have to get started working. At the pace I have been working.. I would say a WIP at the end of Sunday, at the latest. I know that is a long time, but I am a slow worker. I will start adding stuff about the races later, I am too caught up in everything right now.

Level 7
It aint necessary but its good. And don't worry about your ideas. I doubt people will come to plagiarism that easily...

Dont say that xD. I posted some info on my hero the Stalker like one day later NoNZealot had done a new hero named Stalker to his deamon race xD.
(No offense meant.)

Level 10
Whoever posted the idea first in the WIP has the evidence that his was the first ide, no? :p asnyways, if someone steals any ideas from me, Im just glad that my ideas were good enough to be stolen ;) (though if you dont give credit to anyone you steal ideas from, you are imo, an idiot...)

Level 10
Dont say that xD. I posted some info on my hero the Stalker like one day later NoNZealot had done a new hero named Stalker to his deamon race xD.
(No offense meant.)
No offense meant? The sentence itself is made to mean an offense. I hope that our models aren't the same and I think I made the stalker as an icon and model change to crypt lord. I believe you didn't use anything I did exactly, and I was using that name long before as a concept. I think I posted my new hero before too. Check everything....
@matyko; actually one of your ideas were in my concept, the thing exactly was like the hightemplars > archon. But I didn't know how to but you did and now I know. Thanks for that, anyway if I can't win this, I'll make this map full with new races with a dialog screen. And that technique will help me! :smile:

Level 10
Hey WerbackIII, Ill write a review about your map if I havent yet, as soon as I get some time :/
Well, it seems my JASSless, primitive ways actually HELP someone! yay!
Ps: Though my race seems to be strong, if you play agaist an experienced player, they can really bash you up... what you have to remember is: Most of the units are summoned! Spellbrakers, wisps, ect all work on them! (Pps: Even with my race, it is hard to beat a comp set on insane ^^)

Level 6
Well i tested my race today and people who said imba, to my race i have to say they lose pretty badly even against comp easy they lost because as they become visible the units die in like 3 second with only 200 life plus they got no good aa.

Level 7
No offense meant? The sentence itself is made to mean an offense. I hope that our models aren't the same and I think I made the stalker as an icon and model change to crypt lord. I believe you didn't use anything I did exactly, and I was using that name long before as a concept. I think I posted my new hero before too. Check everything....
@matyko; actually one of your ideas were in my concept, the thing exactly was like the hightemplars > archon. But I didn't know how to but you did and now I know. Thanks for that, anyway if I can't win this, I'll make this map full with new races with a dialog screen. And that technique will help me! :smile:

Sorry if i offended you.... It was merely to joke with diosilva16 anyways we dont have the same model :D im using a snapdragon.

Anyways right now im trying to give my buildings a mass teleport to teleport nearby units (not them) spell :p.

Level 10
With the expetion of costum items, that I doubt that I will add after all, my map is basicly complete!
My WIP is almost exactly like the finished version, its not protected, so you cna steal off any ideas, but remeber, I made it before you ^^
Ps: Today is my 16.th birthday :)

Level 12
Yeah, happy birthday matyko. Maybe if you wish to the birtday spirit you will win the competition!! :grin:

I will try to post my WIP today if i can complete the last hero but my WIP wont have items in it. But its long time before deadline so i will make them later... :hohum:

Edit: Because of somethings my parents call "computerfree day" i can't post my WIP today so plz dont tell anyone i posted this!!

Edit again: By the way, are you allowed to remove some heroes from the tavern?

Last edited:
Level 12
Finally my WIP is ready, please give any comments on it.

Some of the upgrades, names and spells isnt ready yet but i will change that lator on in the final version.

Edit: Hey i got one reputation!! who gave me that??

Last edited:
Level 32
You guys have done so well that I've just been letting you run with the ball: nice work so far!

Those few maps that I've downloaded and examined seem creative and cool.

Over the coming week I will TRY to weed out all the actual submissions and post some feedback on them (mostly to ensure that each submission complies with the rules). So far, so good!
are we allowed to make a custom loading screen?
Techtree gladiators may edit any loading screen that exists in the map's .mpq file. One may choose any default loading screen and edit its textual content.

[rainbow]No custom loading screen models or images may be imported into any map.[/rainbow]

Level 12
Do you have TFT? Is it on a TFT map? Is it really that important for your techtree?

I have TFT and it is a TFT map i belive since why would it be a tavern on it in the first place? And no it's not important for my techtree, actually its better for it cause i have a hero with tinker model. But i still wonder why they aren't there...

Level 6
I have finally got enough on my race to show you a WIP and here it is:

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresCheesey_111.w3x
    210.5 KB · Views: 63
Level 7
Im 98% done :D ill put on a wip sometime tomorrow.
I could'nt get the teleport thingy to work though :( oh well i think the race turned out cool anyway :).

Status
Not open for further replies.