• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 MAJOR Editor Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Did they increase cliff levels in sc2 since release?, because IIRC the diference between sc2 and war3 is big in that regard. I remember long ago, some time after the wings of liberty release, toying with the galaxy editor and had issues with that and map size, war3 largest size map, and that was prior the new 1.29+ patches which allow even bigger maps, was not available-portable to sc2
Someone remind us of the sc2 cliff level limit vs war3, same with map size please

Remember something important about sc2, all is fine in single-player or in "short range", but this game has peer-to-peer multiplayer (same as war3 now) and that means that it will never take off "big" in multiplayer, never forget the dreaded 0 ping host vs everyone else

MrRious

M

MrRious

The sad truth is Starcraft 2 will never be a Warcraft 3 remastered. Those new additions are really nice, however they can only mimic our beloved game.

On the plus side, they can and will drasticaly improve the SC2 rougelike maps community. Having those great Warcraft RPG mechanics like leveling up or having equipment as an addition to all the things you can currently make in Starcraft as well as the new ones like multiplayer map transitions... Man, is the future bright.

MrRious

M

MrRious

It's not sad. If anything, they can be perfected, to be better than the original. Playing with the SCII pathing is much more relieving.
Personally, I have a soft spot for it and think it's a big part of the game's soul. I always thought the pathfinding added a nice strategic element into the game (but only if the terrain is executed well)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Personally, I have a soft spot for it and think it's a big part of the game's soul. I always thought the pathfinding added a nice strategic element into the game (but only if the terrain is executed well)

I'm currently making a custom campaign (which I'm sure you'll love) and it's micro mission wouldn't be as good as it is if not for the pathfinding.
If the fuse the games, they could leave the Classic stuff for competitive play and whatnot.

MrRious

M

MrRious

If the fuse the games, they could leave the Classic stuff for competitive play and whatnot.
I'm afraid, fusing the games to that point (or even fusing them at all) is wishful thinking. Making yet another remaster on this engine would be more probable, but since Reforged only just came out, I can't really see it happening.

Besides that, the game is called Starcraft 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't pursue SC2 modding for two reasons:

1. Can you add skies now? Back then SC2 only has boring black sky, I can't add skies for cinematics and scenic shots (I can't see the sky in the editor).
2. I can't convert assets to SC2. How do you convert WC3 assets to SC2? I went to alot of threads and websites back then looking for a tool that can convert .mdx to .md2 format but I had no luck - I had no luck using custom assets for SC2. (It doesn't really matter if the model doesn't/will not have animations, the units in SC2 are enough already I just want to port unaninated terraining assets like Stones and Sword to SC2. Also it shouldn't be hard reskinning SC2 Warcraft III assets since both classic WC3 texture and SC2 Warcraft III diffuse textures are the same, I think I don't even need to convert it to .dds since Reforged assets are all in .dds format now).

If I can do both now then I might leave WC3 modding entirely and move to SC2. I had that game for a very long time but never played it again after playing the campaign.

Last edited:
Level 7
No need to sunny. If they implement custom campaigns for SCII, probably even WcIII fans will go there since custom stuff is free and you only need the free Wings of Liberty to play custom stuff.

Even if Blizzard pretty much replicated every single Warcraft III option into StarCraft II, there's still one big problem:

StarCraft II sucks.

One of the many things that made W3 so great, specially for modding, was the absolutely insane amount of assets, from terrain elements to creatures. SC2 fell really flat there, there's pretty much nothing outside the three main races. One of the big reasons it flopped long-term, imo. Even if the editor hadn't sucked since day one, the lack of assets would have killed it either way.

Also, cliff levels are very limited in SC2, and as far as I know (left WoL after 2 years, came back for HotS and only stayed for like one month) the cliff limitations weren't touched. Correct me if I'm wrong (probably, since I see they added water pathing too), because I really hated that, since I love "siege maps" and multiple cliff levels are a must there. Edit: Seems this was fixed, good.

Vanilla SC2 was so full of stupid decisions.

They have no interest to compete against themselves.
This is probably a sign that Reforged might get some strange update thing or something. Or, the Armageddon, Reforged dropped and SCII taking its place but that would require all Reforged/WcIII maps to be playable in SCII first.

From my point of view. It's the best move they could make, combine these two games into one. Wow, paradise.

In my opinion, they made a huge mistake back when they released SC2, by not releasing it as some sort of platform instead, specially when they were trying to push the marketplace thing behind the scenes.

Releasing Heroes of the Storm as a separate product was yet another mistake.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
And suddenly the UED campaign and the Imperia series aren't quite so far into the pipe dream territory. It's weird to say but Shar and I are going to have give some serious thought to what we want to focus and/or start over the next few years when we finish our current campaign.

SC2 has suddenly entered bizarro territory.

Level 5
I really don't know what Blizzard plans to do.
1.- If this works and many people like it, the community will be divided in two. One focused on War 3 Sc2, and the other focused on War 3 Reforged, this is the least desired in terms of the editing community.
2.- Why did you just make this change to SC 2 after so long? This doesn't make sense, as removing an audience from a recently released game like Reforged is counterproductive.
3.- What happened to War 3 Reforged? Will its development be forgotten?

A logical answer:
If it's not my imagination, when the War 3 Reforged Teasers were released it seemed that they used the SC 2 engine for this.
Because once the game was released, it had many flaws, and nothing that was seen in the Teasers and the initial tests at Blizcom were the same.
According to this logic, if you think about it, it is possible that War 3 a game that weighed more or less 1GB, despite 30 GB, closely resembles the weight that SC 2 currently has.
So in my opinion this was a plan from the beginning, if I'm not mistaken, perhaps they raised the idea of uniting the War 3 Reforged game engine with that of SC 2.
There would be no point in the big change in model mechanics redesign and modifications, with the export of maps from War 3 to SC 2.
This makes me think that this was done with the purpose of completing the tests using the War3 community, to find out the compatibility of the maps between these two games, and then run the current Reforged game engine and the classic version with the Same SC 2 engine. Thus War 3 Reforged would be on the SC 2 platform and also had the attributes of that game, as its editor, this was seen in the Blizzcom gameplays by Grubby and both are seen to be similar.
Having the free SC 2 package inside Warcraft 3 Reforged well that would be unexpected, but if I go to the point of view that they said "This will not be a simple Remastered" it makes me think of that possibility. Just take it as an opinion.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Even if Blizzard pretty much replicated every single Warcraft III option into StarCraft II, there's still one big problem:

StarCraft II sucks.

One of the many things that made W3 so great, specially for modding, was the absolutely insane amount of assets, from terrain elements to creatures. SC2 fell really flat there, there's pretty much nothing outside the three main races. One of the big reasons it flopped long-term, imo. Even if the editor hadn't sucked since day one, the lack of assets would have killed it either way.

Also, cliff levels are very limited in SC2, and as far as I know (left WoL after 2 years, came back for HotS and only stayed for like one month) the cliff limitations weren't touched. Correct me if I'm wrong (probably, since I see they added water pathing too), because I really hated that, since I love "siege maps" and multiple cliff levels are a must there. Edit: Seems this was fixed, good.

Vanilla SC2 was so full of stupid decisions.

In my opinion, they made a huge mistake back when they released SC2, by not releasing it as some sort of platform instead, specially when they were trying to push the marketplace thing behind the scenes.

They added up to 15 cliffs levels with this patch and most if not all of the Warcraft 3 Assets are available to use in Starcraft 2 and have been for a good while now. They don't look perfect but that's to be expected.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There are many variations of each faction units and it literally includes all the assets from classic Warcraft III.
It was needed to prevent bloat. Heroes of the Storm is as big if not larger than StarCraft II. Having them as the same product would require an insane amount of install space.
If it's not my imagination, when the War 3 Reforged Teasers were released it seemed that they used the SC 2 engine for this.
Because once the game was released, it had many flaws, and nothing that was seen in the Teasers and the initial tests at Blizcom were the same.
It is much more likely because they specifically optimized and fine tuned a small part for demonstration and marketing purposes. When it had to be made into a full and real product some production qualities had to be sacrificed for it to be viable.

Level 5
It is much more likely because they specifically optimized and fine tuned a small part for demonstration and marketing purposes. When it had to be made into a full and real product some production qualities had to be sacrificed for it to be viable.

That's what I thought, I was testing the SC 2 War3 game, and comparing the game with the Teasers is almost the same, the trees, the terrain, the effects, nothing compared to the current War 3 Reforged. In SC 2 everything looks very good, I think if it was what many asked for the game.
Now about the editor, the Galaxy is very functional and diverse, compared to the World Editor, this has great Pros+, but as I said Blizzard I do not know what is planning, but I guess they will try to mix the two communities. If not, let's see what they will be doing.

I am speculating and I think it is possible in the future, SC 2 players can play games of Warcraft 3 and vice versa.
This is possible, if you update the SC 2 game engine that this is more compatible with Warcraft 3, oh wait they already did. So what is missing I suppose, that they apply the same with Reforged. Of course they have the codes of the game and I think it is feasible.

Last edited:
Level 12
I am speculating and I think it is possible in the future, SC 2 players can play games of Warcraft 3 and vice versa.
This is possible, if you update the SC 2 game engine that this is more compatible with Warcraft 3, oh wait they already did

Only because they brought many mechanics of wc3 to sc2 does not mean that the engines are suddenly compatible in all file formats, internal workings, network code and such. I don't think it will ever be possible to make them compatible.
Even if they ditch one engine completely and try to emulate the other one as close as possible they will never get 100%.

If that was their plan then why not try that from the start instead of sinking resources in reforged. Makes no sense.

It also makes no sense that the sc2 team/blizzard would see that reforged will be a failure late 2019 and then go: "hm, I guess we should bring many features to sc2 now, that'll do." Also I would say all those changes required a much longer time than half a year.

For me the most likely explanation is that sc2 had a small but really good team of programmers that was allowed to go haywire because they were done with content.
And that team did not communicate with the reforged guys but just wished that bigger project good luck. When the sc2 team saw that reforged is going to bomb they were nearly finished with their changes.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In fact: this update arrived too late to SC2. It should be solved many years ago...
My thoughts exactly. Assuming it really makes the SC2 Editor that much easier, this patch is a bomb... but it is 10 years too late. People gave up on SC2 a long time ago.

I bought Wings of Liberty mainly for modding. Then met with a complex, undocumented Editor, an 8 ground tiles limit, a despotic EULA, a 256x256 maximum for map dimensions smaller than Wc3's, people claiming they were reaching map size limit only with triggers, an unability to organize stuff in the data editor, a huge lack of (medieval) assets — nothing to work with besides the three main races as @Lon-ami said.

I remember using Aiur foliage, looking at those round, yellow, black-stripped obviously alien flowers, and thinking: “This just isn't gonna work...” @Triceron's efforts to recreate medieval stuff gave me some hope, but progress soon halted.

Wc3 stuff was only included in 2015, @Dr Super Good — again, 5 years too late after I repeatedly warned through every channel possible after the SC2 Beta in 2009/2010 that it would significantly deter SC2's modding scene success. Other small Editor bugs (such as data editor objects vanishing for no apparent reason) stopped me from modding the game completely.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
And suddenly the UED campaign and the Imperia series aren't quite so far into the pipe dream territory. It's weird to say but Shar and I are going to have give some serious thought to what we want to focus and/or start over the next few years when we finish our current campaign.

Yup.

My thoughts exactly. Assuming it really makes the SC2 Editor that much easier, this patch is a bomb... but it is 10 years too late. People gave up on SC2 a long time ago.
I can still see some people moving to SC2 due to current issues with Reforged, tbh.
Personally, I am not expecting a massive rise in SC2 modding over night, but I can still see
this bringing more life to SC2 modding (no, not only because of Reforged) and making old
StarCraft 2 players/modders return to the game.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Only because they brought many mechanics of wc3 to sc2 does not mean that the engines are suddenly compatible in all file formats, internal workings, network code and such. I don't think it will ever be possible to make them compatible.
Even if they ditch one engine completely and try to emulate the other one as close as possible they will never get 100%.

If that was their plan then why not try that from the start instead of sinking resources in reforged. Makes no sense.

It also makes no sense that the sc2 team/blizzard would see that reforged will be a failure late 2019 and then go: "hm, I guess we should bring many features to sc2 now, that'll do." Also I would say all those changes required a much longer time than half a year.

For me the most likely explanation is that sc2 had a small but really good team of programmers that was allowed to go haywire because they were done with content.
And that team did not communicate with the reforged guys but just wished that bigger project good luck. When the sc2 team saw that reforged is going to bomb they were nearly finished with their changes.
This. You're all too optimistic.

Level 5
What I am commenting on is speculation. Let's take everything into account, its progress with Reforged and SC2. This is an Opinion, but when the Teasers game was launched on Blizzcom, the game was seen, and this itself had some very notable improvements, the terrain, the lighting, the animation changes in question to its cinematics, so I put myself to check the recent patch that Blizzard released, SC 2 War3, and oh! Wow, it is almost the same as the Teasers that were presented to us in 2018, the difference that is seen in the game is impressive.

If you compare it to War3 Reforged it is nothing like that, but I take into account something very interesting, and it is the possibility that they used the SC 2 Game Engine in Reforged, then what happened?

Due to lack of time and budget, they decided in the final game to eliminate many features, that's why so many Faults, Glicht, and the various Bugs of the patches that were delivered before this one.

But, in the end the Classic ones did not eliminate the SC 2 engine in War 3 Reforged (I suppose it is that engine or an improved one), so what they are doing is advancing the game engine so that it looks more like that of SC 2, right, they already have the models made, only the compatible mechanics would be missing, and once done. From that point, they will be able to alter the entire World Editor so that it resembles itself to the Galaxy Editor that has many features.

I don't mean to say that you would be better off saving yourself all the trouble if you used SC 2 directly to tweak it as seen with the new patch now, and sell us as the "New Warcraft 3 Reforged". To do that would be to completely rule out classic War 3, his best option was to upgrade his engine.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Regarding an unified engine. Provided they can somehow solve the disk bloat problem, I believe it to be the future. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel with every new RTS (especially within the same company); improvements would automatically propagate backwards, and it'd mean less code to maintain.

Same goes for an unified Editor — the assets-mod system already acts as a means to separate data. Users could just select assets/mods according to desired settings (medieval or sci-fi).

Level 5
Regarding an unified engine. Provided they can somehow solve the disk bloat problem, I believe it to be the future. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel with every new RTS (especially within the same company); improvements would automatically propagate backwards, and it'd mean less code to maintain.

It is logical. Creating a new engine from 0 would not be beneficial, if they already have one made, re-inventing the RTS wheel would be a project of a lot of investment, it is better to use what it owns and update it, and that's what I think, what Blizzard is doing, especially for an upgrade project like Reforged. Use a more powerful engine that would be in this case the SC 2 to improve War 3 Classic.

Same goes for an unified Editor — the assets-mod system already acts as a means to separate data. Users could just select assets/mods according to desired settings (medieval or sci-fi).

I've worked in other different editors and mods from other games. And if, having a large amount of resources on the part of a game is very beneficial, since you do not have to use many tools to simulate something, simply know the operation of the game engine, and ready the rest would be added modeling and codes more simple.

Regards...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I'm afraid, fusing the games to that point (or even fusing them at all) is wishful thinking. Making yet another remaster on this engine would be more probable, but since Reforged only just came out, I can't really see it happening.

Besides that, the game is called Starcraft 2.
It could be so that modding would be free since Wings of Liberty is free. Reforged is not, however, maybe Classic WcIII will be sometime as Brood War became.
2. I can't convert assets to SC2. How do you convert WC3 assets to SC2? I went to alot of threads and websites back then looking for a tool that can convert .mdx to .md2 format but I had no luck - I had no luck using custom assets for SC2.
Not sure right now, maybe @kellym0 knows best.
But it'd be a good idea to check the Warcraft III dependencies that the Galaxy Editor uses. See if those models were indeed converted to the SCII model format. If not, then that's amazing, we'll just be able to use .mdx/.mdl through this dependencies packs (something like .mpq?).
StarCraft II sucks.
Not at all. I really never saw the game mechanics of SCII sucking. The graphics, however, is a bit too glow-blurry compared to the lively Warcraft III.
Even if the editor hadn't sucked since day one, the lack of assets would have killed it either way.
Brood War did quite fine, fans even going beyond limits with USME or whatever, SCMdraft and so on.
Now, if they make a proper compatibility with .mdx and .blp files, we'll just have HiveWorkshop at our disposal for SCII modding.
I don't think so. However, I'd pretty much love them if they'd fuse HotStorm with SCII and Warcraft III. The possibilities would be so much on the fields of Elysium level.
"Life em good."
And suddenly the UED campaign and the Imperia series aren't quite so far into the pipe dream territory.
You guys were making an UED campaign? Sweet. Hope you don't eff up the original lore :D
Also, Imperia, original stuff? I'd like to see that, yeah.
Let's just hope they implement custom campaigns.
1.- If this works and many people like it, the community will be divided in two. One focused on War 3 Sc2, and the other focused on War 3 Reforged, this is the least desired in terms of the editing community.
As I mentioned, they have no interest to shoot themselves in the foot. Probably, there's some big masterplan we're not grasping yet.
2.- Why did you just make this change to SC 2 after so long? This doesn't make sense, as removing an audience from a recently released game like Reforged is counterproductive.
Seeing how "dead" games are updated nowadays *cough, Reforged, cough*, this patch probably took years especially that they basically started using fan made stuff. They didn't do that before, or at least, not at such a level. This is a huge step. For instance Gothic 3 got a huge fan bug fix and enhancement upgrade. The company then re-released or maybe just updated the game with those things as the final/gold edition.
3.- What happened to War 3 Reforged? Will its development be forgotten?
I hope not. If they can fuse the modding aspect of these games, all is in godly hands. I doubt they are just gonna throw the Reforged assets to the bin of oblivion, not because they payed for them but because many like them. Of course, many don't but that's subjective in the end especially when it comes to modding/mapping since for instance you could use the Reforged assets for something non-Warcraft for example since they are quite different in many ways.
but if I go to the point of view that they said "This will not be a simple Remastered
They were referring to the graphics engine mostly and that the models won't be just simple HD versions of their previous selves.
Doesn't matter. SCII's much better and will improve on the Classic Warcraft III's.
Maybe they jested the CEOs, lol.
Anyone have a test map with the Data Collections/Warcraft 3 stuff setup. Would be greatly appreciated.
What do you want to test? Install the SCII PTR, it's free.
I remember using Aiur foliage, looking at those round, yellow, black-stripped obviously alien flowers, and thinking: “This just isn't gonna work...”
I think expecting stuff like that from the start was a bit overwhelming and demanding. If they indeed had made this move back then, Warcraft III would have lost its modding scene that was hugely active. Now, it doesn't matter anymore since StarCraft II didn't get any of the love WcIII did and it's a shame. From now on, we could give both the love they deserve.
Regarding an unified engine. Provided they can somehow solve the disk bloat problem, I believe it to be the future.
HDD space in this context doesn't matter. Modders need loads of space for their custom resources anyway. Like composers use tons of VSTs.
Blizzard needs to make an RTS engine independant of their own Battle.net games, like Unreal Engine, so developers can license it and produce games.
Sweet, only not just for RTS.

Join the Singularity today!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
@deepstrasz
I guess i'm just confused as to how this stuff works. Is there a map with a demonstration that I could open and look at? That picture in the patch notes that had the Blizzard ability, is there a map available that is utilizing that?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I guess i'm just confused as to how this stuff works. Is there a map with a demonstration that I could open and look at? That picture in the patch notes that had the Blizzard ability, is there a map available that is utilizing this stuff?
Steps on how to access the stuff:
SCwc3assets01.png
SCwc3assets02.png
SCwc3assets03.png
SCwc3assets04.png
SCwc3assets05.png
SCwc3assets06.png
SCwc3assets07.png
SCwc3assets08.png

Although, sad part is that the Easy Mode for the Object Editor doesn't work for the StarCraft II stuff. At least the data from both dependencies can be mixed and used with the normal object data editor version.

There are also issues with properly showing categories when SCII and WcIII dependencies are mixed:
dependenciesIssue.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Steps on how to access the stuff:

Although, sad part is that the Easy Mode for the Object Editor doesn't work for the StarCraft II stuff. At least the data from both dependencies can be mixed and used with the normal object data editor version.

There are also issues with properly showing categories when SCII and WcIII dependencies are mixed:
Thank you very much!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I was kidding, the model was a geo merge of a grunt + human marine body.
Thought so initially. Heh, so I indeed fooled myself in the end.
Anyway, I hope Wc3 stays separate from Sc2.
I guess they could make it so you'd choose which parts you'd download for modding and which not. If you don't want the SCII stuff, you should just be able to select the Warcraft III ones, something like that.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Another thing that could be improved:
-units with different target attacks need text saying which attack is for what kind of target (something not even WcIII has sadly)
-also ranges don't match those from Warcraft III term wise. Archers have 12.5 which apparently would translate to WcIII's 600
-attack move seems not to work on non-attacking units treated as enemy

In the Galaxy Editor WcIII icons are .dds and models are .m3 so sadly, there's no .mdx/.mdl support, probably :|

EDIT: can't figure out how to turn a normal unit into a hero. I guess it works the same way as in Warcraft III that you have to actually copy a hero unit and modify it?
Made it heroic to have that hero icon but what about gaining experience?

Last edited:
Level 5
They were referring to the graphics engine mostly and that the models won't be just simple HD versions of their previous selves.

That is a remastered. Same as Starcraft Remastered. Their idea was something more abitious but they did not manage to finish it, or rather they are doing it little by little.

Seeing how "dead" games are updated nowadays *cough, Reforged, cough*, this patch probably took years especially that they basically started using fan made stuff. They didn't do that before, or at least, not at such a level. This is a huge step. For instance Gothic 3 got a huge fan bug fix and enhancement upgrade. The company then re-released or maybe just updated the game with those things as the final/gold edition.

It makes perfect sense, but on second thought, this would never have been done. Why haven't they done it since 2011 ?, when there was a big drop in the SC 2 community, if this simpler editor was implemented since the last patch released by the Zergs, they would satisfy many of their Arcade fans, of course, all this within golden time SC 2.

As I mentioned, they have no interest to shoot themselves in the foot. Probably, there's some big masterplan we're not grasping yet.

Speculate on that, so if Blizzard's guys want to sort out all their bad decisions regarding SC 2 Arcade, this would be your chance. I will not talk about the .m3 and .mdl HD formats, but considering that SC 2 has the Reforged models without having to alter them almost at all, it is possible that they have the extension conversion nut.

It would only be necessary for us to be given that converter, or to implement it within the War 3 engine.
I'm not going to be optimistic, if not interpreting what the Classic Game plans to develop, if the two engines are compatible, the resources of both would be shared extensively.

SC 2 will receive a lot of resources from War 3, and Reforged would have a powered editor.

They are actually adding reforged , you can check trough casc sc2 test

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...37174958200/unknown.png?width=1006&height=548

And not only that,they are kinda improving textures (i hope its not a standalone case)removing noise, ,reduce exposure of diff,making some details more 3d.

Theres diff,normal,specular,ao maps that comes with gloss and sometime emissive.

This is cut from Human Altar buidling for showcase what they do

unknown.png

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It makes perfect sense, but on second thought, this would never have been done. Why haven't they done it since 2011 ?, when there was a big drop in the SC 2 community, if this simpler editor was implemented since the last patch released by the Zergs, they would satisfy many of their Arcade fans, of course, all this within golden time SC 2.
Maybe it was just a secondary plan while most attention was put on the so called expansions. Plus, now they don't really have anything more to lose since the game would probably get less and less attention ultimately so this is CPR.

Who's XD?

@kantarion that image is still small.

Maybe it was just a secondary plan while most attention was put on the so called expansions. Plus, now they don't really have anything more to lose since the game would probably get less and less attention ultimately so this is CPR.

Who's XD?

I found this too...I rly cant remember

Who's XD?

Well deepstrasz,do you want me upload 2048x2048 here...its enough cut man...

Also i found outland Mushroom Trees. I cant remember it was there before.....

unknown.png

Its clearly not reforged, but its more likely ,,War3HD,, cause file have its name. But still...How i never saw this before in files??????And i see it now...hm.I will check tonight

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Well deepstrasz,do you want me upload 2048x2048 here...its enough cut man...
I can barely read the text on that image with the assets list.
Thanks for delving into this kantarion.

@kantarion hey, try extracting some of those files. Are they actually Reforged assets and not the Classic models from the Warcraft III dependencies pack?
Although your selection was on a Reforged Blademaster, however there are two Blademaster types in SCII I could access with the editor, the Classic version (+fel/chaos and Grom models) and the 2010/SCII version.

Guys! This is serious!

They remade Warcraft III models as we wanted them like the 2010 heroes (did not post them too)! @YourArthas
Well some could be perfected but still!
Behold!
Remastered01.png
Remastered02.png
Remastered03.png
Remastered04.png
Remastered05.png
Remastered06.png
Remastered07.png
Remastered08.png
Remastered09.png
Remastered10.png
Remastered11.png
Remastered12.png
Remastered13.png
Remastered14.png
Remastered15.png
Remastered16.png
Remastered17.png
Remastered18.png
Remastered19.png
Remastered20.png
Remastered21.png
Remastered22.png
Remastered23.png
Remastered24.png
Remastered25.png
Remastered26.png
Remastered27.png
Remastered28.png
Remastered29.png
Remastered30.png
Remastered31.png
Remastered32.png
Remastered33.png
Remastered34.png
Remastered35.png
Remastered36.png
Remastered37.png
Remastered38.png
Remastered39.png
Remastered40.png
Remastered41.png
Remastered42.png
Remastered43.png
Remastered44.png
Remastered45.png
Remastered46.png
Remastered47.png
Remastered48.png
Remastered50.png
Remastered51.png
Remastered52.png
Remastered53.png
Remastered54.png

• Currently there seems to be no difference between the HD versions of purple, green and red infernals. They're all green.
  • The eredar have some weird white aura.
  • Not much difference between the red eredar and Kil'jaeden. K'j should have wings like in the WcII manual. Yeah, would be nice to be changed in the campaign as well. The cinematic version isn't ethereal as before.
  • No too much difference between the blue and purple satyrs. The red one isn't quite red.
  • Maybe the Spirit of Vengeance could use some differentiation not to look like a transparent sentry with a hand FX.
  • Apparently the eagle is Medivh's crow?
  • Generally, the less HD parts of some models should be more like the better models.
We don't have them all yet, and some are missing variants, not just colours. But it's a great start!

The Object Data seems to be lagging. It needs some performance tweaks. This issue happens especially with the Detail View on. I guess when selecting models it's normal since both the Warcraft and StarCraft dependencies were loaded.

EDIT:
Well, apparently these aren't new
https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/f0ydoo/did_everyone_forgot_when_we_got_much_betterbut/
But I sure hope they finish them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.