• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
LiOneSS said:
on topic: well, now Dusk emoquit and this thread has no purpose anymore.
Quit being so negative. I didn't "emoquit," I did what I should have done awhile ago. This thread has significant purpose, particularly because it is bringing Hakeem in as (hopefully) a worthwhile community director. Ignoring the spam that's transpired in this thread, I'd say it has been and continues to be a very productive topic.
Hakeem said:
I could give it a shot.
Alright then, hotshot; here's to hoping it helps. :)

Level 12
I hope that you're neg repping people that posted off topic, Gilles, and not just me.
They will get away with being retards every moment of every day, because no one does a thing about it. Complaints are met with defensive moderators who want to keep being retarded anytime they damn well please. You can look for yourself; The other thread was closed because a few moderators started spamming it.

And while we don't have another Wolverabid to take over administrative duties and policing the babies, all anyone has to say is that they wish there was another Wolverabid to take control. It seems as though almost everyone is living in a god damned dream world where almost nothing gets done and it's so very pathetic.

Level 12
Well Vegavak....Once again:

"Show us the Golden Path"
Scroll back a few pages. In this thread, or the other.

You're creepy, you use a lot of gospel inspired nonsense that you make up on the spot to attempt to prove someone wrong, you're easily intimidated, easily provoked, misinformed, hot headed, and you need to stop replying to me.
It isn't constructive and if anyone moderated site discussion worth a damn they would have deleted it and had an unpleasant talk with you about it.

You're a damned moderator, man, it's about time you started acting like one.

Level 36
He acts like this place should be run like a streamlined corporation.

This is a fan community run by a group of volunteers. Things wont be perfect, but they're not exactly horrifying either. We have moderate standards that we try and maintain.

You being passive-aggressive with EVERYONE you encounter isn't exactly helping your case.

Level 19

This is a fan community run by a group of volunteers. Things wont be perfect, but they're not exactly horrifying either. We have moderate standards that we try and maintain.

You being passive-aggressive with EVERYONE you encounter isn't exactly helping your case.

Quoted for Motherfucking Truth..

QFMT

Level 34
I think the Site Discussion forum should be locked down along with Off Topic for a while.
People would get back to making maps instead of whining.
Main problem solved.
I'm serious.

EDIT: Also the chat should be run like it's unrelated to the site.
I mean no neg-rep etc. because of things people did on the chat.

This is first time that I agree with someone from Wc3C!
And rest of you yeah I agree with some points you all have something smart here!
Rising Dusk, but honestly man what did I say about this thread? You and your friends will ask for it to get closed, but yeah your honor will never let you to listen me.
~Void~ man congratulations for promotion! Finally something nice happened!

Level 35
At this point its just a matter of waiting for SC2 so we can go back to moderating product and not people. When SC2 comes the drama will end (in a practical way, or atleast lessen)

So essentially: Have no fear, the sun will rise soon enough.

Level 12
He acts like this place should be run like a website/forum with ranks and rules to make it a decent place to be.
Vegavak, you act like you expect more from a bunch of kids as if they are capable of being civil, or mature, as they keep claiming to be.
Correct. That is, if you go by what everyone seems to be preaching these days, seeing how almost everyone except myself and a few others believes that, "age means nothing", right?

We have moderate standards that we try and maintain.
Tell me, is it the failure to enforce the standard, the failure to strive for it, or both?

Level 36
It's experience and maturity, not age, that matters. Although most of the time a 13 year old is immature, look at Hawkwing (Hawk: sorry to keep using you as an example, lol, but you are the only 13 year old ex-moderator I know who didn't suck!). He seems pretty mature to me, or at least mature enough. If the staff member does their job well, what does it matter how old they are?

Level 12
look at Hawkwing
Look at 4 leaf clovers.
It's the failure to raise it to impossible highs that seems to make you tick.
Have you forgotten your old friends so suddenly? Hawkwing? Wolverabid? Two well balanced moderators deserving of their positions? What about Hakeem? He is on that same path to being a good moderator. What about Paladon? Where is he during all this drama? I'll take a moderator that does his job without making a scene over a moderator who starts drama and acts like a retard ANY DAY.

A lot of good moderators would still be moderating if you didn't pretend it was so hard to be decent people to one another. And a lot of good moderators would probably come back if changes were made.

I really don't understand why moderators
are so scared of stepping in when another moderator is obviously in the wrong. What? Are you scared that they'll quit The Hive if they're reprimanded? Scared that they're gonna start drama?

Babies shouldn't be moderating.

Level 45
Now, let me get started, im not an English genius or some grand master at debating. Hell, I have serious issues with communication in both this world and the "real world". However I do hold strong opinions as a person and I wont deny their existence to the people that create them for me.
Please do however correct me if i did not understand your point or misunderstood it, thats pretty natural of me :/

Personally, I think you are doing it wrong Veg, its not a matter of exactly WHAT you are saying, but HOW you are saying it. I myself may be saying it wrong, but thats because I have not understood any other way or realized it quite yet.

Correct. That is, if you go by what everyone seems to be preaching these days, seeing how almost everyone except myself and a few others believes that, "age means nothing", right.

I am not talking about age, im talking about experience, capability, maturity and what actually makes this community. No little kid will be expected to have the standards you expect which seem to be from some company or a serious business. Everyone is capable of being mature but that doesn't mean they HAVE TO, do you see a rule on that Veg? Do you want to make that rule? Fine, go talk to the admins in admin contact instead of nit picking everyone so they look like a hypocrite, it would be far more productive than some ego war.

You seem to be harassing moderators (largely because they are JUST moderators that happened to bump into your hive life)

Find me some quotes to where they are "preaching" their capabilities. Because I can obviously tell you are setting your own standards and capabilities over others rather than asking them to measure up to what they preach. No wonder the moderators are so confrontational when you ask them to measure up to what YOU want and not what this site truly needs as a fan community.

Iv seen you in chat saying "If i was you I would of done banned them!, blah blah blah" "Oh, you are telling me off which makes the issue worse! Yet im doing the exact same thing!, thats BAD! Hey you banned me? THATS GOOD yet ill continue to drag on the issue" You know what? Im going to pull the Elenai excuse you complained about in chat. My matters in which are my own personal issues are more important than YOURS or any site related issue, i have my own sets of priorities.
I am a volunteer to this site and everyone should be damn grateful for my positives rather than complain about all my little personal flaws that dont have a dire detrimental effect to how this site runs.
However back to the past incident in chat, its my duty as a volunteered chatmod to set a warning to tell others to stfu then ban them, if they want to smart mouth to my warning then I will ban them, they drag it any further after I ban them then i ban them again or take it to the admins. You act like those people that see a mod saying "Dont spam" in some sort of thread, then you point out "Hey, but you are spamming by saying "Dont spam"" YEAH, THAT MAKES SENSE. REAL MATURE.

If you were being attacked by some rabid dog while you were at the computer, having a panic attack/stress disorder or suffering terrible pain while there was an argument in chat you were trying to read but couldn't get a hold of (full understanding of) in chat. Im sure you would say "Fuck this, im going to the hospital or taking a breather". I dont need to make the quick sudden decision to ban when i dont have the current capabilities to examine the chat and make a definite decision, I need time to analyze, and if I dont have time to analyze then afew warnings are capable of handling the situation until im better to understand it. As long as Im there to keep my presence aware till I can solve my personal issue then yes, I fail to see how im doing a bad job. What? Its an excuse? So you would rather ban before you are capable of understanding the situation? 3 warnings is far too much? Tell me what you would of done, just let off one warning and act as if you are afk? okay. We will get back to that point.
Anyway... this is optional to answer, via pms, here or not. Its more of a personal paranoid thing than something you seriously confronted me with.

Anyway, go complain about Ralle as your main point who is partying like i see him on facebook with all his mates and his girlfriend instead of nit picking over such tiny things such as a moderator like Elenai saying he is busy doing his flipping HW or stupid shit like that. You expect everyone to have a linear or black and white set of standards or work pace/quality, you talk as if we are robots with fualty programing and need a good argument or comment back to get working again.

And even if they dont measure up to what these people seem to claim about themselves. Then let me say this as my own personal opinion:
This is fan website, there is no need to be so passive aggressive nor too immature or any form of extreme. There is nothing wrong with alittle fun, alittle failure or letting a tiny thing slide as long as you can manage it in the end and there is no detrimental effect.
Do you beat the shit out of your 12 year old child for spilling milk when you expect her/him to be able to hold it at that age? No, but I do expect them to clean it up, but i do not verbally abuse them, confront them and degrade them to the point they refuse to do any favors on your behalf. The moderators here need to be taught what to do over a simple mistake, not degraded over such tiny things that could be fixed by simply being polite and understanding.

You act as if you are some health inspector in a hospital and you are setting your standards too high and getting on EVERYONES ass about it besides your own. You think you are taking the mature way, instead you are being so confrontational and being "Mr. Im serious about it all because its for a good cause". You act so damn inconsiderate to other peoples real problems, instead you just want YOUR problem of "this X mod is pissing me off at hive becuase X mod isnt doing what I expect, im going to complain relentlessly, call them babies and retards! Ha! So mature!!" solved with no other possible solutions, suggestions or resolve.

Yet ever since you came around I have seen some serious problems arising from your actions. And no, its not because "The moderators act like retards when i ask them shit" its because you CONFRONT them as if you are above them when we are nothing but equals as human beings with simply different purposes, lives and emotional states, you let small things turn into big issues by nit picking every little detail and escalating it as if its some serious business issue in a company.

Have you forgotten your old friends so suddenly? Hawkwing? Wolverabid? Two well balanced moderators deserving of their positions? What about Hakeem? He is on that same path to being a good moderator. What about Paladon? Where is he during all this drama? I'll take a moderator that does his job without making a scene over a moderator who starts drama and acts like a retard ANY DAY.
I can pinpoint clear problems with them. And id rather have moderators involved with the personal issues of the site than being drones and sitting in the side lines. This site is also a community and not just a resource section so for them to be involved in drama (im talking about positive terms) is actually rather decent than letting users mud fight eachother... And being a retard, is no different than them simply not agreeing with your flipping opinion from what I can understand Veg, so dont complain about ridiculous shit like that.

Wolverabid:
I put in alot of ideals towards him when he was present, why? BECAUSE HE WAS TOO LAX. He is the opposite end of the spectrum, the extreme end and that had problems aswell. You only seem to endorse him becuase he is "nice" or worked at a linear pace when he was present, I dont recall you ever being present when he was active as staff here at all though..hmm...

Hakeem:
Tell me some actual things Hakeem has done besides offering advice (which in fact is very good advice). I havnt seen him ban anyone in chat once when serious issues arisen and he was active there, I have only seen him muck around with his chatpowers. Also, to my knowledge he also use to be a past offtopic mod apparently, I dont recall him ever doing anything besides 1-2 thread locks.
I would be VERY happy and grateful if he became some sort of site advisor than some moderator expected to do actual things. He is a very smart person, but he is more capable of talking than doing I say.

Paladon:
He is far too lax, on many occasions I dont agree with his level of enforcing resource rules. I had to point out some thefts for him or iv seen him approve stuff that didnt...really cut the par with the rules.... You just seem to suggest him as he isnt as into the drama as the majority of mods here. Granted, he is getting better (by being more firm in not just quality but stolen artwork sensing) and im very grateful for his work.

Hawkwing:
He is farrr too nice and too loose, but he is a good suggestion. But I dont agree with him being anymore more than a simple forum mod or such as he seems to be abit lazy or not serious enough. I wasnt happy with his suggestion by other mods to be on staff again on other positions because he seems like just someone who is there, to make things LOOK brighter than actually make them brighter.

A lot of good moderators would still be moderating if you didn't pretend it was so hard to be decent people to one another. And a lot of good moderators would probably come back if changes were made.

Except, people like Wolverabid have serious life issues, he wont be coming back until his issues are solved. But if it was, let say Elenai that was having the same issues, im sure you obviously wouldn't excuse him because he is apparently a "bad" moderator and not nice (to you).
The majority of old moderators wont be coming back, as they are going through their own personal problems, you act as if the site is to blame or that its such an eyesore.
But what are the changes exactly? What do you want changed? Im sure its something like "No bad mods, meaning mods that dont whine or make a tiny mistake WHEN I AM PRESENT". I seriously...seriously..cannot be bothered digging through this thread to find a clear and brief elaboration of what you want changed for the best of EVERYONE. If you did happen to do that, then I would seriously be grateful (no sarcasm).

I really don't understand why moderators
are so scared of stepping in when another moderator is obviously in the wrong. What? Are you scared that they'll quit The Hive if they're reprimanded? Scared that they're gonna start drama?

Ha, when I was a mod I wasn't like that at all during my peak, I was a very angry and stubborn moderator and I liked the others to be in line or I would tear them a new hole, granted I was a very poor moderator at the start, but first impressions are obviously your everlasting ones it seems. But acting like an arrogant dick face isnt going to do you any good either, but it seems to be in my nature :/
Often I am not happy with a certain staffs actions, I often confront them to hell. Take General Frank for a example, you would NOT know how many times i have confronted him or complained about his actions, however I try to be sure to alert the admins or discuss it with them instead of trying to make a massive deal out of it public, granted.... its instinct for me to not do that anyway (take the tyreal model for example and other things) :p
Anyway, no. Its not entirely like that having seen the staff forum and hearing of its dealings everynow and then. I have seen some staff confront eachother, and its seriously STUPID to do it in public (i have experience in this) so why would you expect for them to do it in public just to show you it exists? But it may exist, its just the moderators stupidly agree with eachother (or hold stupid personal grudges) than hiding their actual opinions from eachother.

Babies shouldn't be moderating.
And babies shouldn't be complaining like you are now Veg. If anything, you have made the most drama and most confrontational comments I have ever seen. You seem to complain, whine and hold a ridiculous bias with the majority of the mods here over your own personal grudges. Granted I am confronting you now, but you expect for me to be AFRAID of stepping in with your opinions, ideals, suggestions and beliefs? Really, but what makes them babies? Because they whine just like you? What makes you any different from them? Because they can ban and kick? oh no.. its because they have a shiny rank icon! oooohhh... Oh yeah, i totally understand..

Also, these are some possible reasons why moderators AND users think you arnt a decent person:
"Oh, Elenai is so stupid! Look at him complain, seriously he is so stupid when he replies to my responses, he shouldn't even bother at all"
"Oh kim, you are just being an attention whore by saying you are annoyed with our arguments. You started complaining because you lost alllll your attention in chat, ignore the fact I was preaching about the thread arguments in chat though and calling Elenai stupid though and you were obviously annoyed by my bragging. But, I can tell you are an attention whore though, i did psychology"
Not the exact quotes, but close enough.
You think the mods have to be decent? You think you are decent? What defines decent, let me guess YOU? I think the site is as fine as it is, there has ALWAYS been issues and drama, and there will ALWAYS be. Because iv been present at this site for a decent time, I havnt seen you around here besides recently.
You act as if all the problems will go away if everyone follows your solutions. There will always be problems, and escalating them like they are SERIOUS problems does make them SERIOUS problems, not just because they are ACTUALLY serious.

I seriously thought you were a decent person until all this ridiculous over played drama having you helped me with my personal issues and not hearing much fuss with you and others before that. Apparently, even talking to the moderators you imply are decent seem to think you are ridiculously immature. And before you get started, no. I dont think im a decent person at all, im incredibly stubborn, selfish and just generally an asshole as I hold a bias with users, granted I am very ...very bias with the staff at times, but alot of my dislike is generally towards users.

This drama in which a large majority of people have contributed only brings the worser qualities in people as its no longer a argument on the best or most effective solution to solve MINOR issues to the site that effect everyone. Instead, its a contest on who has the CORRECT solution to peoples own PERSONAL grudges and problems with the site rather than seeing this place as a community.

What was my response on staff issues? This:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/982293-post17.html

Granted, Im no saint, im contributing in a rather aggressive way. But im sure iv caused more positives than negatives to this site like the majority of people here, its always flaming obvious negatives stand out the most and even I can be blinded by that fact. But my intent is for everyone to chill, stop escalating things, take in EVERYONE'S problems and not just your own into consideration and hopefully we can get to a better solution that will solve hives CURRENT problems for the meantime. No one solution is perfect and we will always have problems.

Last edited:
Anyways, you seem to have something against Hakeem becoming a Global Moderator. Does anyone agree with Kimbo's thoughts? Does anyone disagree? Let's get the things that were listed in this thread decided!

On a side note, I wont be coming back. Not because of Kim's comments or anything, but because of lack of interest and time - though I do agree with her comments.

Level 12
I only know one person determined enough to read it, and that's Veg, since he cares abit TOOOO much.
Are you serious?

Please, let me know if you still think I should read The Wall
after you've read more than 2 posts I've written. After helping you with your personal issues privately, I would think that you could at least do that much.

PS: You really need a punching bag to reduce that anger and frustration.

Level 34
Are you serious?

Please, let me know if you still think I should read The Wall
after you've read more than 2 posts I've written. After helping you with your personal issues privately, I would think that you could at least do that much.

PS: You really need a punching bag to reduce that anger and frustration.

Face it, you just got Kimberly'd(kim-ber-lead).

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Well Vegavak....Once again:

"Show us the Golden Path"

If you, and some other mods, would try stfu'ing for once, and letting the users talk, then maybe we just might.

Most users were agreeing until yourself and a few others started spamming the thread.

QFT.

And it's exactly the reason why you're leaving, too. The place is too damned retarded now. It used to be good, it caught cancer, Ralle decided to abort the Radiotherapy and leave it to die.

In conclusion, there might be no way to 'save the Hive', as per say. I've been here for a bit now, and I've seen masses and masses of the 'Resurrect the Hive' threads, and nothing happens for the simple fact that the users will care and the admins will TL;DR, the users will care and the mods in question will spam or the users will post something and people like Haosis just mess it up.

You've got the right idea, getting out, brad.

Level 3
I don't even think I caught every error in that there, but nonetheless, this is an English site. Regardless of the English language being native or not, it still imposes a bad opinion of the site.

If you were to improve your English and Reviewing skills, I'm all for you being a staff member, until then I'll oppose it with my opinion.

Cant believe that had to be said... But he's right and i recommend that warmly to you...
As said before there are a lot of people from all over the world on this site. So you have to find a way to communicate. Your Choice was to speak english. But how shall someone who can translate proper english in some degree understand a review that is written in such a broken english? That makes translating only harder for the visitors and not all of us are in the luck to have reached a skill level where they have started "thinking" in english - those people have to translate with a dictionary first and that's impossible when you have to fix the typo first...

i'm gutted about all whats going on here (rejecting and rating down good maps without making suggestions for improvements, some moderators that arent even able to spell "didn't"...) so i've decided to leave this community without submitting my almost finished project...

Good luck for future projects and thanks to all people who wrote all the helpful tutorials...

Level 36
It's experience and maturity, not age, that matters. Although most of the time a 13 year old is immature, look at Hawkwing (Hawk: sorry to keep using you as an example, lol, but you are the only 13 year old ex-moderator I know who didn't suck!). He seems pretty mature to me, or at least mature enough. If the staff member does their job well, what does it matter how old they are?

Bob27, Camel's_Hump, Operator, the list goes on, and on, and on.

Level 30
Damn, I didn't even think about it. Well that sure as hell proves my point :]
I have thought about this too ...
I actually think the world would be a better place if kids took over the world since grown ups are screwing it. And kimb, I didn't read your post because, I have a life and don't have time to do so but ... I just know you pwnd vevagek so I rep'd you ... Don't worry, I'll read it for my book report in the weekends :D.

People I think we should make like a list of guys, you guys think would make a good moderator at something ... because all of you guys seem to know better so really, how wold you run this site... 1 rule: You can't say you're the solution. Wich leads to a second rule: vevagek you can't troll or post imature posts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.