• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Yes he is great! And don't listen Ash everything cause he likes so much to give opinions who should be promoted who not. But he forgot that I recommended him and Septimus and few other people as map moderators!
So that was my point Ash, I told in one big reply, please read everything cause I can't repeat myself in order to explain you things which are already explained 2 times! I told there until I suggested people for map moderators, we all tested and we at least did something! We reduced number of pending maps from 19 to 9! Now 44 pages of unmoderated maps! Tahts why I told even God can't help now!Now is worse situation because map sections is totally without moderators!

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Please, haosis, don't get worked up because I stated opinion; look beyond the end of your own nose so that we can help improve the site.

The fact of the matter is that your English, alongside Septimus', just isn't good enough to review on an English site. As I've said, you can probably improve and, if you keep trying, maybe get re-re-repromoted at a later date.

Level 21
Please, haosis, don't get worked up because I stated opinion; look beyond the end of your own nose so that we can help improve the site.

The fact of the matter is that your English, alongside Septimus', just isn't good enough to review on an English site. As I've said, you can probably improve and, if you keep trying, maybe get re-re-repromoted at a later date.

You don't need to speak right to see if map is good or bad.

Level 35
Do we really need 'more cooks in the kitchen' art director wise? The Art sections seem to be quite calm as far as I've seen, and General Frank is doing a nice job of keeping all that in order, and most of the rather few reported [art] posts are quickly dealt with.

Maps and Spells are the main focus of burden. I'll receive around 3-5 to sometimes 8 [dev] reports daily.

Elenai's main issue, as him and myself have discussed, is that he thinks he is Chief Justice. He always gets emotionally involved, and seeks god for an answer to anything in dispute. If he is to remain a moderator, then he should try to 'fix' this issue.

I like God D: Why should I fix that? Besides...I'm not a Chief of Justice...I'm an archivist, though I WILL try to keep order in the sections that are under my jurisdiction. (Namely the Art Forums, and chat when it is on my watch)

Ash

Ash

Level 22
You don't need to speak right to see if map is good or bad.
Yeah, you do. If you can't converse properly, then you cannot review a map to the extent that it should be reviewed.
Ash man okay I was problem.Lets say this. Well I am not more in staff around 7-8 months and look now how look now map section! Well it is much better without me or Septimus.
Come on man, wake up please... You weren't better than us anyway.
You never fail to make me lol.

Level 12
Do we really need 'more cooks in the kitchen' art director wise? The Art sections seem to be quite calm as far as I've seen, and General Frank is doing a nice job of keeping all that in order, and most of the rather few reported [art] posts are quickly dealt with.

All Moderators Are are simply Dishwashers.
The more the Merrier.....

As for The Cooks.... This Is The Kitchen
ANd We're cooking up a new policy for user Submissions and Ways to make this place beneficial in Work, Mind and Spirit.... And throwing in a wiimote for fun...

Maps and Spells are the main focus of burden. I'll receive around 3-5 to sometimes 8 [dev] reports daily.

Well, Alot of Spells are "Ice Breath" Remake of "Fire Breath"
You guys can organize everything as Templates like
-Buffs
-Area of Effects
-Channeling Styles
-Chance increase

And Catagorize by MUI, Jass etc

As For maps....
If it doesn't have More then X downloads a week, it should be destroyed....
-Publicity should start becoming a bigger issue, And the beauty of it all, a Well publicized map thats horrible will lead to inspiration as much as hate for the user that created it. But when you publicize a map that much.... What do you think people expect?

Like the way that anime works.
Everyone can draw, But so few actually create. When something is created, Inspiration and
"Release Dates" Could become an interesting situation.....

WHile a User can always User Gorilla Tactics to test their map
-Have a "Beta" Section for users to get beta testers.
--If X out of 10 people like it, then it goes on to Moderator Testers.
---They make aeshetic changes and give it back to the author. THe author accepts or denies the changes. And If the mods think its good enough, it goes through.

Something else that could be interesting is the way we can effect Battle.net and which games are played. The important part isn't to flood everything with horrible games to download so people lose faith in the system, but rather make either "Remakes" "Upgrades" or etc so people stick with us looking for the next map. SInce if we make no maps, people would think we're dead or dying "FIlled with noobs".

I'm also thinking that Perhaps we can create A Visual Basic "Map Updater"
-Each Map needs a Prefix and a Number
--The highest Number stays, the other numbers are deleted.

Then hopefully we can get an interesting concept out of our forum instead of making tons of rereleases of old engines.

I like God D: Why should I fix that? Besides...I'm not a Chief of Justice...I'm an archivist, though I WILL try to keep order in the sections that are under my jurisdiction. (Namely the Art Forums, and chat when it is on my watch)

God is good peoples (literally [No.... Literally {Serious}]). I think ash wants you to try figuring things out for yourself. But in todays world, we have a little time to ask questions before we start going after something.

I may or may not agree. I don't think it matters since I don't think it really should be an issue....

Thats all I got for now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for MasterHaosis being a Mod, Let the Map Makers Decide, If they don't like his critiques, so be it, MasterHaosis has to deal with the Unfotunate.
However, He is an Earnest user that I think would be a Damn Shame if he didn't have a title of some sort. I don't know septimus as well, but I wouldn't doubt he was responsible and their only downfall was being foreign.
I really don't want to be the reason for anybody's chance being denied. MasterHaosis' Attitude is Something I want to see more of, And if there is a way we can at least develop a format so that in the future Anyone can Provide Criticism, It would be a good thing....

Terrain
-Looks
-Purpose
-Creativity

User Control
-Looks
-Purpose
-Creaivity
-Ease of Use
-Balance

Computer actions

Win Conditions/Obstacles/etc
-Simplicity
-Enjoyable
-Addicting (As a Bad THing)
-Lag
-Bugs

Somthing like this can be done by anyone....

Level 35
I'm just saying, too many cooks can spoil the soup, especially if the kitchen is 'small' in regards to problems. Might be difficult trying not to bump into each other.

The more mods the merrier. The more directors however...might get messy. If you have too many captains commanding a force, you can get confused orders which usually are a bad thing.

That is just my experience however.

Level 35
The fact of the matter is that your English, alongside Septimus', just isn't good enough to review on an English site.

That could be worked out if the administration got an assistant for them who corrects the grammatical and spelling mistakes they make. Both of these two did their map modding job well and contributed a lot of effort to moderating. I support MasterHaosis' and Septimus' repromotion to map moderators, but we need new ones too if we want to save the map section.

The more mods the merrier. The more directors however...might get messy. If you have too many captains commanding a force, you can get confused orders which usually are a bad thing.

That's why we should orient the administration to watch over the moderator's behaviours, and naturally the moderators would respect their opinion, so new mods could be freely promoted and could be doing the resource/forum moderation while the administration's task would be to superwise them.

Level 36
I'm just saying, too many cooks can spoil the soup, especially if the kitchen is 'small' in regards to problems. Might be difficult trying not to bump into each other.

That is just my experience however.

I agree. Furthermore, the more people you have who have power but aren't doing their job, the more abuse you get. We should get rid of the people who are inactive and get active members to fill their slots.

Level 31

Able to speak english very well would be partically pointless shall the staff ain't active or responsible enough to do their duty. Infact, I have seen a few site where the priority lies on the ability to speak English been shutdown due to inactivity from the staff itself. Do not forget that not everybody speak English as English not a native language for everyone.

It takes time to improve it as like how we develop map.

Level 18
Thoughts of my own:
  • Increased transparency in both moderation and adminstration decisions - that is, decisions should be explained in full, if not announced to the public for comments beforehand - would be extremely beneficial, especially in facilitating staff-user relations.
  • Dusk, your problem is less caring over your image within the community and more the more general problem of too much emotional investment. You need to be able to detach yourself more effectively than you currently do.

I had something else, but I forgot. Fucking shark.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Able [sic] to speak english [sic] very well would be partically [sic] pointless shall [sic] the staff ain't [sic] active or responsible enough to do their duty. Infact, [sic] I have seen a few site [sic] where the priority lies on the ability to speak English been [sic] shutdown due to inactivity from the staff itself. Do not forget that not everybody [sic] speak [sic] English as English [sic] not a native language for everyone.

It takes time to improve it as like [sic] how we develop map.

I don't even think I caught every error in that there, but nonetheless, this is an English site. Regardless of the English language being native or not, it still imposes a bad opinion of the site.

If you were to improve your English and Reviewing skills, I'm all for you being a staff member, until then I'll oppose it with my opinion.

Level 36
Yes, but not transparency to the point where the user gets false impressions as to what is going on. For example, if there is a proposed change, if every user hears about it, people will start ignoring the fact that it's only a proposal; thus if the change is not implemented, users will complain.

Level 7
Personally, I think that bringing it to the public is a good thing. But I do not support a democracy, it would suck (considering that many of the users are either inactive / know no history). A way to find good mods is to make a 'testing period' in which you check the effectiveness of the mod (e.g. how many maps has he approved, in what amount of time; the maps he approved will be re-reviewed by experienced mods, and if the user passes the tests, he becomes a mini-mod, then follow the mini-mod rules and the ones to become a mod). In my opinion, I think that would be actually good. If you ask: But there are many users on the hive, we cannot check them all! Well, they are picked from volunteers, in which case they must present a list of details about them, what type of testing they can do (to what extent, only in single, in multiplayer with a group of friends, in multi with many players, how much per day) and with what rating system (I say a rating system IS required, at least for maps). In the case of more mods and modteams, I say they should be left to decide a leader themselves, and if a problem appears they should be contacting the administration or do some kind of vote (a council of mods).
Hope you could read all this stuff and that my ideas are compatible with yours.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Sorry Nichita, but this thread has been a 'long time coming', as per say.

The site's in quite a state, at the moment, to say the least and, with any luck, this thread'll begin to sort things out.

Level 12
I don't even think I caught every error in that there, but nonetheless, this is an English site. Regardless of the English language being native or not, it still imposes a bad opinion of the site.

If you were to improve your English and Reviewing skills, I'm all for you being a staff member, until then I'll oppose it with my opinion.

Lets get a more popular opinion on this, because their english isn't Dreadful... its just.... inconsistent....
Also... Who are the people getting graded by them? one or two people saying "NEED MOAR ENGRISH!" or a whole community.

I want to see the website run well, But I don't really feel like creating unnecessary restrictions.

Level 12
Lets get a more popular opinion on this, because their english isn't Dreadful... its just.... inconsistent....
Also... Who are the people getting graded by them? one or two people saying "NEED MOAR ENGRISH!" or a whole community.

I want to see the website run well, But I don't really feel like creating unnecessary restrictions.

Mods need consistency, or they simply shouldn't be mods. Even if they know they're inconsistent, they need to learn to catch themselves.

And in an English speaking community, the downside of being a mod and not knowing English as well is that there will be many times where English comprehension will come into play of moderating, and you will fail because you lack that very trait. I don't even begin to understand the reasons why Haosis was ever a moderator in the first place. At least not by what I've seen of him in this thread.

Level 12
Mods need consistency, or they simply shouldn't be mods. Even if they know they're inconsistent, they need to learn to catch themselves.

And in an English speaking community, the downside of being a mod and not knowing English as well is that there will be many times where English comprehension will come into play of moderating, and you will fail because you lack that very trait. I don't even begin to understand the reasons why Haosis was ever a moderator in the first place. At least not by what I've seen of him in this thread.

If you were running a company, Would you take the Foreigner that Has a glowing Recommendation and Acheivments, or A random american with a C average......

Now, I'm not saying anyone should become a mod again
But English Being a second Language should Not ruin your chances of being a mod.
A Mod is a Leader, as a such, it doesn't matter if they are foreign or not, A Good leader is a Good Leader.

We should not Count anyone out just because their english is lest then perfect.
Though I would agree based on character and their goals for The community.
But To Deny Someone the Right to lead because of A minor Language Barrier seems Unnecessary.
It feels Like Prejudice. A Good Leader is a Good Leader, Despite Country of origin.

Level 14
Anyways, I'm sorry but I tl;dr'd a lot of posts because I simply don't care for the ranting. I will respond to a few points made by other users, but the ones that were made with respect to my original post (Shados, Ash, etc) I have read in full but just can't be arsed to respond in full too, you know I read and respect your thoughts. (I don't want this post to be an essay)
Shados said:
Dusk, your problem is less caring over your image within the community and more the more general problem of too much emotional investment. You need to be able to detach yourself more effectively than you currently do.
That is perhaps the truth of it. I'm not sure that I invest too much emotion into a site, though, but rather I dislike the general flow of the internet enough that it makes me angry. I'm not going to cry myself to sleep or whine to people when they don't like me, but I am prone to getting really angry when people spite me just because it's the internet and they can (and get away with it). I don't think that's too attached, I rather find it just a different take on the internet as a whole.

LioneSS said:
And Dusk, if you want to help, don't run around as a user. Let it be official so people stop bitching
I'd also like to point out that I tried being a user with an actual title -- for a day -- and that was when people being spiteful to me spiked to an all-time high. I really don't like arguments, so it's frustrating for me to have to partake of them with users who do it just for kicks. If that's the sort of stuff I'll have to deal with regularly, then remove all of my permissions everywhere, let the admin contact rot again from neglect, and feel free to go back to the way things were before I ever started being active.
Rui said:
No matter the title, you should define a position for yourself. I don't like you posting on places such as Admin Contact and then going around saying you're not a moderator or an administrator. It's as hypocritical as it sounds. You might not (officially) be any of those, but a member who can promote himself to administrator is certainly not a regular user. Guess it is, not even including the general staff discontent as seen across the rest of this thread.
And let me remind the staff how that was not our agreement with Ralle about you. But somehow I knew things would turn out like this eventually.
And Rui, yeah, you're right. It wasn't your agreement, and for that I apologize. I deleted that little part about saying that I'd make a good community director because after this thread, I realized that I wouldn't. Regardless how I may be at handling site dealings, if people - including the staff and administration - don't like me and how I work, then I can achieve nothing. Poot's got me in a checkmate there.

I have removed all of my permissions at your behest. This also means that I won't have to worry about the whole icon/title thing anymore. Sorry to have disregarded that agreement, I'll be perfectly honest and say that I forgot we even had one. Griffen yelled at me for it too, and I probably lost him as a friend as a result. I'll stick to just being a user, Griffen was right - I'm overruling staff and administration and it's not my place to do so.

Level 12
If you were running a company, Would you take the Foreigner that Has a glowing Recommendation and Acheivments, or A random american with a C average......

Your equation is wrong, because those are neither the case.

While staying on your "running a company" theme:
What would you rather read? A giant wall of ranting text, or a well thought out paragraph?

Level 12

You don't seem like a horrible guy, why is everyone hating on you so hard?
What is the relationship between you and the admin?

You might make a great COmmunity Manager, A problem amoungst the Forum is everyones "Hive Mentality" Which is funny because we are also called the hive, But I think it becomes a problem when everyone starts agreeing with the same opinion because Everyone else agrees with the same opinion.

I believe thats how the Salem Witch Trials Came about.

I will say, You seemed a little out spoken saying all the things you said in the OP, But an Opinion is an Opinion, and I'm more confident you sharing it will lead the forum to better places.

But what exactly are you trying to do?

Level 36
I think you act too quickly, Dusk. That seems to be the main problem here. I think you need to give ideas some time before you rush to a conclusion because sometimes you can overlook things. I'm not sure removing your powers was a good decision, for example, and if you had put a little more thought into it you might have noticed that your admin contact comments are far more helpful than any of the other admins'. :p

Level 12
Your equation is wrong, because those are neither the case.

While staying on your "running a company" theme:
What would you rather read? A giant wall of ranting text, or a well thought out paragraph?

Both might be beneficial
-How many people are writing Giant Walls of rants?
--Supply and Demand my freind....

1 well thought out paragraph might be too intellectual and you don't get the passion that a person truelly feels but some gobbily gook.
With giant rants, you recognize the Real person that you can sell too.
-Appeal to their Ignorances (as is the case of Fox news) or appeal to their good nature (Liberal Media)

WHile a well thought out paragraph is more to understand the "Possible Trends" Which may or may not happen. I may hop on board if I think the Trend is a good thing, however, I'm beter off Creating Porn if the People Want porn, instead of creating diamond Machine that Would Make Metal Work much more affordable and Durable (when I don't sell diamonds, and the blood diamond trade is booming)

However, that is not necessarilly the right decision.... Which Is Why I would hope I read both.

Level 35
I'm overruling staff and administration and it's not my place to do so.

Even though we disliked such things...we still wanted/want your advice. Albeit, in a different sort of way. That was your original (atleast percieved) purpose, and the reason we 'opened the gates' essentially.

We are not above taking advice, or criticism. But it must be done in a more 'equal' way.

"If I may suggest", "Have you considered", "What do you think of this idea".

You have had some rather harsh tones when dealing with us, which inevitably closed our ears, and raised our fists in defense.

I think, you would still be very welcome and useful, if we could use softer banter, than what we have currently been prompt to use.

Level 14
~Void~ said:
I'm not sure removing your powers was a good decision, for example, and if you had put a little more thought into it you might have noticed that your admin contact comments are far more helpful than any of the other admins'. :p
I've been thinking about it for awhile, particularly after Griffen and I got into a rather intense debate over it. He raised a lot of good points that I didn't like at first, but after a lot of thought I found that he was right. If I am to have powers, then I should earn them like any other user -- and that is not by going above everyone right to Ralle. Surely you will agree with me on that.

I will better serve the community as a user, and if in the future the staff finds that they can unanimously decide they want me back, then I will do my best to adhere to their wishes.

Level 12
However, that is not necessarilly the right decision.... Which Is Why I would hope I read both.

When you run a successful company, you don't have time to read both. Wasting time costs money.

Everything you choose to preach about screams how ignorant and inexperienced you are. There is always supply. If you were an employee of mine writing crap like this, I would ask my assistant why we hired you. The same goes with me wasting time responding to you, because you don't understand. I would lose money everytime I had to explain something to you, or had to ask you what the hell you were talking about. Unless you had some remarkably unique skill that I required, there would be no trouble in replacing you for someone who is more qualified for the job.

Level 12
When you run a successful company, you don't have time to read both. Wasting time costs money.

Everything you choose to preach about screams how ignorant and inexperienced you are. There is always supply. If you were an employee of mine writing crap like this, I would ask my assistant why we hired you.

And if you were my employee, I would recognize you are overconfident and Potentially poison to the company.
WHen you're that high up, You job is to sit and talk to people. And understand their Value.
It seems all you want is action in a sort of "Oops" Ideology
Taking Risks without thinking them through.... Leading to a Madoff type situation
I wouldn't really care about looking for other people, But the last thing I would give you is a management position TO make you feel like you can give people orders... I wouldn't want to give control to someone who doesn't think about what they're doing

Level 35
I will better serve the community as a user

The first step to that Rising_Dusk, is learning our language so to speak.

We aren't asking for you to "abandon" anything...just...Live a bit in the HIVE culture and take what is good from it. (there are good things to be had, if there weren't I would have left LONG ago.) and in time we'll be more able to weed out the bad.

Time is the key, and things happen in baby steps.

Level 12
And if you were my employee, I would recognize you are overconfident and Potentially poison to the company.
WHen you're that high up, You job is to sit and talk to people. And understand their Value.
It seems all you want is action in a sort of "Oops" Ideology

If I'm acting as the head of a company, I'm not acting as someone employed by you, so your attempt to judge me based on my actions in a different company position are not only wrong- they are idiotic.

After already making point, you seem to want to respond in a way that is not only defensively aggressive, but heading off-topic quickly. While I enjoy explaining things to people, the simple fact that you don't understand a thing about what we're discussing really kills it for me, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't waste my time further.

I'd also appreciate it if you didn't try to take cheap shots at me in my reputation bar. Not only do you know nothing about me, your assumptions are false.

Time is the key, and things happen in baby steps
I wonder, do I need an electron microscope to see those changes?

Level 12

If I'm acting as the head of a company, I'm not acting as someone employed by you, so your attempt to judge me based on my actions in a different company position are not only wrong- they are idiotic.

After already making point, you seem to want to respond in a way that is not only defensively aggressive, but heading off-topic quickly. While I enjoy explaining things to people, the simple fact that you don't understand a thing about what we're discussing really kills it for me, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't waste my time further.

Lets put it this way,
If you were head of a company, You'd probably get their by going through school
If I was, I probably would have gotten there by creating a good Product and working the social system right.

You were the one initially going off topic.
I think the problem here is that you want to seem "So far above my head" That I will never comprehend what you're saying. And Because of that fact "You won"

There is no winner or loser, ITs about what we have learned, And I've learned people don't like to debate, They like To win.

Please... Talk with me more... I'm sure we can come to a resonable argument...

Now... Does Being Foreign automatically mean you're a bad leader? Does being Black Mean you can't be president?
Think about what you're saying here... You're clearly talking out of your arse and are using false confidence and words to win. Its sad it comes to this...

As for your rep bar...
Thats my impression of you...
Am I not allowed to have an opinion?
Are we in nazi Germany now?

Level 12
You two, please take it to PMs. Any further off topic debating here will be reported.

Well, At least he's responding To me, I feel blown-off
I'd rather have a battle Then be ignored....

Either way, I guess you don't really care about anything else that doesnt comes from you're Moderator Bretheran, So I'll Try and guilt trip you into Telling me what is a good progression or Force you to believe my original Purpose for coming here (Until I got sidetracked into Equal rights for Foriegners) was the fact that...
A good artist is a good artist
A good Mod is a good Mod
Sometimes they aren't one in the same...

My sister goes to RISDY, and when I tell her I don't like a painting she freaks out on me.
-SHe goes to the Top Art school in the US, and she gets angry when other people have an opinion about other peoples work.
--It shows The difference between a good Mod and a good Artist.
---I'm all for having a heated debate with her... But I don't want her to be my police officer

We have a lot of good artists as mods right now.... Now... Them being Good Mods.... thats debatable.

Being a Mod should be a burden not an honor, Everyones goal should be to learn a craft, not become a mod. When Being a mod is annoying, We start to see less people care about the whole idea, and only the ones that actually care will take the roll.

As much As the current Regime acts all freindly.... I don't think they see things as fairly nor as transparent as they could....

Again... If Being a Mod/Admin was a Burden, only the dedicated few would remain as such.

Level 36
I've been thinking about it for awhile, particularly after Griffen and I got into a rather intense debate over it. He raised a lot of good points that I didn't like at first, but after a lot of thought I found that he was right. If I am to have powers, then I should earn them like any other user -- and that is not by going above everyone right to Ralle. Surely you will agree with me on that.

I will better serve the community as a user, and if in the future the staff finds that they can unanimously decide they want me back, then I will do my best to adhere to their wishes.

Well I see no reason why you can't be a normal moderator right now.

Level 12
Does Being Foreign automatically mean you're a bad leader? Does being Black Mean you can't be president?
Being foreign or being black has nothing to do with it, nor does it have any relevance to the topic, but being an idiot sure as hell does. Someone who can't convey their words properly, or understand words being said, simply should not be a moderator. I wonder if you will agree with me on this.
You two, please take it to PMs. Any further off topic debating here will be reported.
Do you want to be respected, or just a small mouse whispering in our ears? I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see, plainly, your unwillingness to truly step in.
But sometimes the smallest changes are the most important.
Yes, but if you pay too much attention to the smallest of problems, the easier it is to lose sight of the largest of problems. It's odd to me that everyone here seems to be content with that.
A good artist is a good artist
A good Mod is a good Mod
Sometimes they aren't one in the same...

We have a lot of good artists as mods right now.... Now... Them being Good Mods.... thats debatable.
Currently, there is no distinction between the two, which is one of the larger problems, and I believe that there needs to be a seperation of those roles in order for The Hive to grow as a community.

And I know how people will respond to these statements. You can complain that there aren't a lot of candidates to choose from, but that doesn't solve the problem, does it? Does that make certain people who are unfit to do the jobs more fit to do them? No, it does not.

Level 12
Being foreign or being black has nothing to do with it, nor does it have any relevance to the topic, but being an idiot sure as hell does. Someone who can't convey their words properly, or understand words being said, simply should not be a moderator. I wonder if you will agree with me on this.

They have been posting here right?
THey can obviously understand when they are being persecuted.
I don't know whether its true or not, But from what I see, their lack of english is blown out of porportion. THough it very well might not be.
THey can Type adequately enough, And with google translate, things are much easier

Do you want to be respected, or just a small mouse whispering in our ears? I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see, plainly, your unwillingness to truly step in.
Yeah.....
I would say this isn't even his thread anymore... He posts here like its a therapy session, he's trying to understand his own psychology
What is he fighting for? I haven't really herd anything from him except "Liquidate these people" "Give these people a raise..." "Should I become a mod again?"

Currently, there is no distinction between the two, which is one of the larger problems, and I believe that there needs to be a seperation of those roles in order for The Hive to grow as a community.

And I know how people will respond to these statements. You can complain that there aren't a lot of candidates to choose from, but that doesn't solve the problem, does it? Does that make certain people who are unfit to do the jobs more fit to do them? No, it does not.

someone that can't do the job should not do the job, however, I don't think we have really opened up our minds to the possibilities outside what we have.
Right now we have a small group of individuals that hold, and control power as if it was a conspiracy.
I think we should keep it this way. Except instead, we need to make sure When someone is relieved of their duties, they are happy about it.
A Moderators Job isn't about Going through the Forums Talking about how you're so much better then everyone else, its about solving social problems and Resource issues.

Right now, Its treated as a "Kings Crown" in many ways.

Level 35
Ok fellows, I think it may be time to take a small break from each other, you seem to be delving deeper into some harsher words, and this thread isn't meant to be the medium for such words.

Harsher attitudes: This is one thing we are trying to change about the HIVE currently.

Tone it back to a level of civility please. Thank you.

Level 12
I've attached two charts depicting how power is distributed currently, and how it should be if we are going to dig The Hive out of this mess.

attachment.php

attachment.php

There are loads of people on The Hive who are qualified to judge/help with submitted resources, and loads of people who are qualified to moderate and clean up the forums, as well as people who can moderate the chat room. If you cannot find people who fill in every role necessary, then you must find a person for each role.

Attachments

• distribution.jpg
    distribution.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 268
  • current.jpg
    current.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 277
Level 20
Rising)Dusk said:
I think that Ghan would make a better Asst. Technical Director working under Samuraid as a site html person as opposed to a community director.
Completely agree with you on that one. As far as I've noticed, Ghan hasn't been quite active in the community.

Rising_Dusk said:
I think Pyritie would make a good Art Resource Director over all art resource sections if he could stop spamming, stop being so abrasive with other staff members, and start setting a good example.
I think you'd be better off finding someone who already has needed traits instead of trying to transform every single one of Pyritie's aspects.

Rising_Dusk said:
I think Frank would make a good Art Director if he could be more courteous and less angry in many of his dealings with people that break a few rules here and there. Perhaps less vindictive is the right way to put it.
Aye. He does seem to get angry very quickly when dealing with rulebreakers.

Rising_Dusk said:
I think Void would make a good site discussion and terrain moderator if he could stay a bit serious about the site's well-being more often.
Terrain moderator, sure. Not so sure about site discussion. Maybe. Like you said, if he could show he cares about the site's well-being.

Rising_Dusk said:
-I think WILL could make a good modeling & modeling resource moderator if he could take the site seriously at all.
-I think Archian should be fired.
-I think Cavman should be fired.
-I think BlinkBoy should be fired.
Agreed.

Rising_Dusk said:
I think Elenai is good where he is, but would be a better moderator and representative of the site if he weren't so easily offended by people. I also think he's not always wrong and that the rest of the staff should back him up more than they currently do.
Yes. It would also help if he were more consistent in his attitude. It's true that there are times for lulz and times for seriousness, but with Elenai there is often a big leap of seriousness in a small amount of time. I've had fun times with Elenai in chat, but I've also been confused when he'd be all worked up and serious on the next day, dishing out bans to tons of people for mentioning the word 'penis'.

Rising_Dusk said:
I think Dr Super Good should be a map resource moderator again.
I thought he was. :p

Rising_Dusk said:
I think Rui would make a good Resources Director instead of Development Director.
Potato potato (although writing that out doesn't quite work as well as saying it out loud). I just don't know enough of what Rui's done as a dev director for me to say 'Yeah, he's great'.

Rising_Dusk said:
-I think PurplePoot should come back as the Development Director, like he said he would consider doing if I could actually manage to shape the site up. :)
-I think Hawkwing should come back as a supporting arena moderator alongside Gilles.
-Speaking of which, I think Gilles should be a full arena moderator.
-I think Mecheon should be listed as a "Global Moderator" instead of as a "Site Rule Enforcer," since his current title is misleading.
-I think Hakeem should be a global moderator, right there with Mecheon.
Agreed with all of those points.

Now, for you Dusk. I think a lot of people were confused when you came to power. I most definitely was. I don't know why, but I didn't like you nor the way you'd go about describing the community. I guess it took me a chat ban to realize that you are a good person. I've agreed with most of your points in this thread and, although I doubt they'd help change the site much (as Vegavak mentioned), they should at least lead us in the right direction. Staff purge isn't really a better option.

Level 35
Yes. It would also help if he were more consistent in his attitude. It's true that there are times for lulz and times for seriousness, but with Elenai there is often a big leap of seriousness in a small amount of time. I've had fun times with Elenai in chat, but I've also been confused when he'd be all worked up and serious on the next day, dishing out bans to tons of people for mentioning the word 'penis'.

I'm trying to balance that issue of mine, so far I am making some progress...I think..I hope..

^_^'

Level 12
I've attached two charts depicting how power is distributed currently, and how it should be if we are going to dig The Hive out of this mess.

attachment.php

attachment.php

There are loads of people on The Hive who are qualified to judge/help with submitted resources, and loads of people who are qualified to moderate and clean up the forums, as well as people who can moderate the chat room. If you cannot find people who fill in every role necessary, then you must find a person for each role.

I don't think that would change too much....

Mine is completly disorganized, But I hope you get the basic Idea...
There are no "Boss Watching over Boss"
Big Brother isn't a "Director" its the people

ANd the goal is to make everyone artists.
There are Teachers, Critics (I hold Ash in a special place in my heart [special.....]), Organizers so that we can try to become closer as a forum instead of a Forum full of Nubs trying to figure out a way to get as good a G. Frank without working hard.

But yeah... Mods are simply to be task masters, Rules and Reguilations....
They are also supposed to question themselves, and consider everyones complaints...
-There should be a "Last Words" action for banned users, to describe how they feel. Whether outraged or this or that.
--Also Mods or critics, or whoever can talk to banned users and maybe one day they can come back...

ANd of course the admin need to focus on Money and Software.....
Take requests and consider them....

I hate this Heirarchy bull thats established right now

(FYI: Yeah I copied you and you're paint skills... What of it! :p

And one last thing that I didn't include
-THe EMployment Situation
--Voting off is easy, but voting back in is a little more difficult
-I'd say, it should be in the Hands of the Organizers to come up with tests to see if a person is fit for the job. Possibly even a competition.
--Probably not though

We should also Have a PR area for a Blog/Publicity for Starcraft and possible Mergers with other sites if ralle ever considers the hive to become something more then just a warcraft fansite

Attachments

• A horrible Diagram.jpg
    A horrible Diagram.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.