• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Why isn't the spells section being moderated? There is 7 pages of un-moderated spells and there are atleast 5 spells that are complete crap that should be rejected. I uploaded a spell like over 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been accepted/reviewed.

Not trying to whine or anything, but IS there any active moderators for the spells section and if not shouldn't we get one? Any spell uploaded in the spells section is either in GUI or simple jass so I can name tons of people off the top of my head that could fill the position.

I know bribe is a "spells" section moderator but he also does the jass section which seems to keep him pretty busy.

Level 12
One thing I've learned with the spells section is that moderation will pick up, drop down to 2 pages or so, and the moderator who did the bulk of the work will get moved somewhere else or demoted, and it spirals out of control again. Its best just to wait and keep an eye out for the moderation PM and go from there.

Level 15
Just close this, has been brought up way too many times.

And? I wasn't aware that it had been brought up before, but the fact that i'm bringing it up now means that it's still an issue and obviously whatever steps they have taken in the past have proven ineffective.

There are plenty of people qualified to become a spells moderator. If it's a problem that has "been brought up way too many times" as you say, then shouldn't the admins talk to someone about filling the position?

Take you for example. You've submitted plenty of your own resources to the spells section, on every spell i've submitted you've reviewed it and/or given tips on how to improve it, and you can read and understand GUI, jass, VJass, and ZINC. So why not ask you to become a spells moderator? Now maybe you don't want to be a moderator, but my point is that there ARE people qualified for the position.

And like I said in the main post, I know Bribe is a spells section moderator, but he also does the Jass section (which is pretty active now-a-days with nestharus) and i've seen him consistently helping people out on various other forums (triggers and scripts, world editor help zone, etc.). To ask him to do everything he's doing AND review the 5 or so spells a day that are uploaded to the spells section is just silly.

Reactions: Rub

Rub

Rub

Level 2
From just reading this I decided not to submit a few spells.... thank you Raven0 for bringing this up so I would know not to make the work load harder for people.

Level 17
There are plenty of people qualified to become a spells moderator.
List names.

You've submitted plenty of your own resources to the spells section, on every spell i've submitted you've reviewed it and/or given tips on how to improve it, and you can read and understand GUI, jass, VJass, and ZINC.
I went my entire duration as a spell moderator without dealing with ZINC, so its understanding is obviously not a requirement.

there's no use whining about this... and people usually look at the comments when deciding if they should download a spell resource... well Zinc sacrifices readability for shorter codes but its pretty easy to understand it if you know vJASS...

but I guess a few new spell mods won't hurt... if there are people who are willing and capable...

and if u really want to put this up, I think it better if you post at the admin contact directly...

Last edited:
busterkomo, you want names?
*Shrugs* Well, most of the people who know Jass, vJass, GUI, Zinc and the rest are either busy in real life or have left Warcraft 3 for good.

Getting Spell Moderators is rather hard nowadays, there are just a few newcomers of Hive that have the skill and the will to be one. ( Older ones are busy or don't have the will to do "moderation". )

Minimum requirement for a Spell Moderator is knowing Jass and GUI well, being able to do GUI in two triggers for a functional action ( ex; Spell or System ) and a Jass version compiled to one functional trigger.

Also the administration and moderation of THW are fully aware of the lack of moderators, as that most likely is told to them via Admin Contact each day.

Another way to get resource moderated faster is to present it nicely.
If you post screenshots, triggers with comments, post cool preview image and maybe attach video, and explain how spell work, more users and people all around will find it more interesting.

And for the end why is that so important, to have approved resource?
Check map section, 17 pages of pending maps, and 30% or more and SHIT and still we need to check them and post at least something to explain our actions.

If you are good with coding then don't bother spell mods, if you suck, ask other users for help, after all there are few forums created only for you.
So if you already want to show something to world, do it properly!

Level 40
Another way to get resource moderated faster is to present it nicely.
If you post screenshots, triggers with comments, post cool preview image and maybe attach video, and explain how spell work, more users and people all around will find it more interesting.

And for the end why is that so important, to have approved resource?
Check map section, 17 pages of pending maps, and 30% or more and SHIT and still we need to check them and post at least something to explain our actions.

If you are good with coding then don't bother spell mods, if you suck, ask other users for help, after all there are few forums created only for you.
So if you already want to show something to world, do it properly!
And ask for it to be moderated (nicely).

Status
Not open for further replies.