• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

We need more spell moderators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members: 54,084, Active Members: 12,843 I think it is PRETTY few, it isn't even 1% from this all.

Aslong as we have some, we can be happy. Else, um.. HWS will be not that great place :/ It will be spammed full of noob maps and stuff and.. Probably Ralle will decide to not continue this page...

BUT! Its not like that.
With every good vJasser who leaves, we get 2 new.

Level 22
one way to let the moderator problem be gone cause most of the spells are GUI or some kind, split it into 2 spell sections with GUI one and jass/vJass in the other one. But no point to say this cause it's been up before and it's clearly a "NO"

so I don't see a way out of this problem so I'm afraid that my opinion is that leave as it is.

Level 12
Systems basicly have their own section so...
I've only seen a few Templates, and most arn't that ground-breaking OMG NEED kind
And well, spells, figure it out...

Grouping things into GUI and JASS seems rather... dumb... I mean, if somebody is so effiecency crazy, then they can do what the maker probably cant do without help and convert it to JASS, it isn't hard.

Level 8
Spells are just not all about code.

Jass is code, effects are models, textures are art, but spells can have all those.

Its different thing with scripts that are completely or mostly code, but spells are just too much more than just that.

Of course some spells can be only code, but then again some spells just cant be made with code only. This is why spells should be their own category, rather than some thing under code section.

Level 20
Anachron said:
I would rather create three sections:
Templates
Systems
Spells.

And then group them into GUI and JASS
You know, there's already a "System" and a "Template" tag for spells. Christ, there's already Jass/JESP/GUI/UMSWE GUI/vJass tags for spells. Is it really that hard just to select one and search from there, rather than clicking on a button to link to a resource sub-category?

Coolty44 said:
I mean, if somebody is so effiecency crazy, then they can do what the maker probably cant do without help and convert it to JASS, it isn't hard.
If someone is really going to convert a GUI system to Jass only because he's 'efficiecency crazy', then I will slap him.

I like the way how the spells and scripts are done right now. I don't think we have enough scripts to actually make a resource section for them. Besides, the Jass forum is more than enough, even if there were many more scripts. Let's face it, THW just isn't the place for getting the most up-to-date Jass scripts.

Level 17
Heheh I was coming to open a thread on the topic to find this, so I'll post everything here:

To start with, besides the moderator thing, we need a sectioned spell section, something similar to wc3c.net's spells section. I know there's the filtering, but that doesn't make the spell section any less crowded.
Partitioning the section not only allows the users to find want they want easily, but allow each mod to focus on the section he's most talented in reviewing.

I think the sections should be: Vanilla GUI & Jass (ie JNGP independent), vJass, and Systems (although there's the Jass section for that, but everyone seems to use the spells section).

No about the mods, as Pyritie said, we need the present mods to do their damn jobs! I mean, I see only a maximum of 5 spells being uploaded a day, even less sometimes. Out of the 5, usually 3 can be rejected instantly!

So really, it won't take more than 30 minutes to review all spells a day if one mod reviews all of them. Having 3 mods, that's 10 minutes a day.
And since the spell section has 14 pages of unreviewed spells, let each mod work 30 minutes a day on the issue, et voila. In a month, maybe more, the spell section would be totally clean.

Really, if they can't do their job, assign more active ones.

This whole RL talk is just plain BS. I mean, I'm not trying to show off or anything, but I've got a really busy life, yet I still have time to check the spells and icons uploaded on a daily bases, that's besides working a bit on my own spells. So that's no excuse...

I hope to see some changes, cause well, the spell section is getting odd day after day, and less active.

I'd still prefer the "team" thing I proposed a few months ago... but not having mini-mods, but (the mods) having a list of members whose reviews are reliable. That way, the mod can simply go through the reviews, then skim the codes to see if the reviews make sense, and either approve or reject.

For instance, Rmx, baassee, and Aspard are some of the most reliable GUI reviewers. And there are also reliable vJass reviewers. Shouldn't those ease the mods job? :)

Well that's all I've got for now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.