• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disturbing Lack of Moderation on Pending Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately its been disturbing the lack of moderators even checking spells, nor approving them at all.
The pending list just seems to increase in size while the approved spells never seems to grow.
Im not saying that aton of spells need to approved, im just saying at least SOMEONE approving or dissaproving some spells would be nice. (Hanky's spell Vast Plain is pretty sweet and is a candidate for immediate approval).

Seeing that this forum itself has been neglected, I hope that someone will take the time to go through the pending spells. Just because people stop moderating, doesnt mean people stop submitting spells. (Ive had a spell in the pending list for over 3 months without even when look by a moderater).

The longer you neglect to do this, the longer the pending spell list gets...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I thought quite the opposit, the spell moderators (like myself) have been moderating more spells per day recently on average.

The approved spells have not been growing much as a lot of the older spells that are being checked are being ignored. Still some of the new spells are being checked, although the quantity will hopefully improve with time.

Level 31
There is nothing wrong for a resources to be at pending status as you still could used them. Approve status resources just indicate the resources have been tested to be function well and doesn't crash wc3.

Off-Topic* : Sorry DSG if I interfere with your section, just try to tell him what's the dif between pending and approve sources.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have recently appointed Hanky as a mini-judge to help out DSG, but the majority of the Spell resource moderators have disappeared, it seems.
Even though, Spells can be tested and approved very easily, so I don't think this is a problem.
~Thread Moved to Site Discussion

Level 15
Spells should take a little longer if they're moderated correctly.

The Spells Moderators need to first of all look through the code, and check for various things, such as leaks. That in itself can take a while, especially when it comes to the larger systems. And then they need to make sure it looks nice. And they should probably make sure that there aren't any spells similar or the same as the one they looking at. No need to have 100 spells that accomplish the same thing, unless it works/looks better.

Level 15
Even though, Spells can be tested and approved very easily, so I don't think this is a problem.

Right , but i still see no Approvals.
I know Hanky very well in we both offered our help some time ago in the spell section. Now Hanky is a mini-mod and reviewed about 15-20 Spell but still the result is pathetic imao.
I know that DSG is a recourse mod and Purple Poot is gone. So which responsible are left?
I see 3 approved Spells (Mainly based on the Mni-mod review) and 3 Reviewed ones (based on an invalid name)
It maybe took arround 10 minutes for these reviews. And 6 reviewes withing nearly 2 Months.... ?! There are arround 3 new Spells per Day!

I thought Mini-Mods exist to help Mods , but if there are no real active mods, mini-mods are pointless and wasted time...

Level 17
I agree with -JonNny.
Dr Super Good, I asked you lots of times to check out my spell but you always answered you have no time.
So if you have no time to check spells I am wondering what are you doing all the day.
I'm also wondering why Hanky isn't advanced yet. He reviewed a lot of spells adequately, also his own spells are in such a good quality that he absolutely can become a moderator.
I am really fearing what happens to hive earlier or later...

Dr Super Good is most likely doing his best, and that should be good enough. There'll probably be promoted some new mods at some point, but untill then try to help out by giving user reviews aswell instead of just complaining that the amount of spells waiting to get moderated grows by the day. It isn't that big a deal, the resources can still get used.

And -JonNny, from what I have seen you are hardly a good enough coder to get promoted to a spell mod.

Level 15
And -JonNny, from what I have seen you are hardly a good enough coder to get promoted to a spell mod.

I know that my Skills are not perfect but i also did not say that i wanted to be a full mod. Also i know that there are many other better coder than me.

BUT i offered my help as an Mod/Mini-mod to get atleast something done or to help the Mods. The longer we wait the more work it will be.

So i ask you - whats better :

a) Some average active mods/mini-mods which try to do their job as well as they can do

b) 1-2 good mods which are great coder but do nearly nothing and got other things to do

Level 14
The site is doing fine and is being neither ripped apart nor broken; the staff is working to make your experience here both better moderated and better up to date, including making resource moderation quicker. Please be patient as the staff works this out, thanks.

Level 12
I know that my Skills are not perfect but i also did not say that i wanted to be a full mod. Also i know that there are many other better coder than me.

BUT i offered my help as an Mod/Mini-mod to get atleast something done or to help the Mods. The longer we wait the more work it will be.

So i ask you - whats better :

a) Some average active mods/mini-mods which try to do their job as well as they can do

b) 1-2 good mods which are great coder but do nearly nothing and got other things to do

a is for amateurs.

Look, we're busy in the mod lobby discussing important things, including doing more with the staff we have instead of promoting lots of people.

Going "omg Hanky is awsum he shud be moderatz0r!!1" isn't going to do anything so there's no point in doing it. The staff choose who to promote, not the users.

Level 31
Look, we're busy in the mod lobby discussing important things, including doing more with the staff we have instead of promoting lots of people.

Going "omg Hanky is awsum he shud be moderatz0r!!1" isn't going to do anything so there's no point in doing it. The staff choose who to promote, not the users.

Exactly, we do not promote a user just because they are smart or intelligent. But we care about their attitude as well, if they are being a jackass. Appoint them to be mod/admin would likely to ask them to get a knife and slash you to death.

We at mod lobby have lot's to discuss such as loopholes at rules which probably used by users for their advantage or adding a new feature which could provide a better service.

A pending resources doesn't mean they're suck, pending resources just indicate the sources are not confirm whether they are working 100% efficient or not. You could still used it if you want.

Checking resources could take quite a time, it probably took mod/admin 15-30 minutes or maybe much longer to view 1 resources. But, can you imagine how many resources are being summit per day ?

If you cannot wait for a seal of approval, you can just post a thread at resources moderation section. We have that section for user to post their request.

To make the mod/admin job more tedious, some user request for 2nd review. Which eventually delayed our time to review the rest of the pending sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.