• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updated spell not set to pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
A few days ago I submitted a spell and had it approved without needing fixes (a rare occurence for me). The next day I read the moderator comments and fixed up a few small things and improved it by adding more stuff (to make it better) and updated it.

The spell wasn't set back to pending. I could've added any sort of nonsense or gibberesh or just made something that doesn't work and it would've said it was approved because the former version was approved. It's possible that users could change/edit their spells and possibly make them have leaks/bugs, but it wouldn't come to moderator attention because it was already approved.

yes, that was the way it was ever since... who knows, maybe the mods still get a notice that your resource has been updated, after all in previous times when I update something, there are times when the mods still give me some tips...

personally, if that is the case, I believe that is much better than auto-changing an already approved resource to pending...

if not, then maybe its a case of trust, The Hive trusting the uploader not to do bad things to his already approved resource... after all, if you did add bad things afterwards, then its your reputation going bad (people will remember that you're a person who after getting a resource approved then changes it to bad things etc)...

but if you have a good personal and professional ethics and care for the people whom you have made the resource for, I don't think you will ever do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.