• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I was just thinking, since there is lots and lots of pages full of pending spells in the spell section, would it not be wise to add some more moderators for spells?

I have uploaded about 4-5 spells, and only one of them has been moderated.
And I guess I am not the only one waiting for moderation.

Another way is, as I allready saw was submitted into this forum, was the fact of purging the spell section, clearing out pending spells with quick checks and approval or dissapproval and deleting.

Basically, what I am trying to say is, don't you think it is time to do something about all the pending spells?

What I suggested is only ideas, if you have any other ideas, please post them.

Level 9
I don't know if this is true and I didn't find a post on it, but apparently all mods are on break or something for the Holidays - which is understandable - this I heard from a friend. I think some sections are just being backed up a bit until Holidays end (though some icons are being selectively approved... idk).

Edit:

There are only 5 pages of spells pending; there are ... 11 pages I think... of maps pending. They need more than 1 active map moderator.

Last edited:
Level 8
I remember Pyritie posting in another thread that they moved TriggerHappy to another forum, hence the many pages of un-reviewed spells.

Both the spells section and the map section need additional moderation.

Agreed, thought there is about 1 whole page of maps uploaded per day, but only around 3 spells.
So there might be a larger need for Map mods.

Level 12
PM a spell mod to moderate it.
Problem solved.
-And if the mod doesn't respond to it, it obviously means he/she is busy.
--Unless the mod doesn't care about u, like in my case.
---99.99% of the moderation requested from hivers MAY OR MAY NOT BE MODERATED.
-The 0.01% of the moderation request from hivers MAY OR MAY NEVER BE RESPONDED.

Level 12
PM a spell mod to moderate it.
Problem solved.
-And if the mod doesn't respond to it, it obviously means he/she is busy.
--Unless the mod doesn't care about u, like in my case.
---99.99% of the moderation requested from hivers MAY OR MAY NOT BE MODERATED.
-The 0.01% of the moderation request from hivers MAY OR MAY NEVER BE RESPONDED.

Or you could wait your turn and remember people have lives.

I personally think that, yes, another spell mod would be nice, but as discussed in other threads, its fairly hard to be a spell mod. You don't wake up one day and suddenly know JASS or vJaSS, and actually takes time to learn it. Then you have to find problems in other peoples code and tell them what they did wrong.

Right now, like the map section, there isn't many people to pick from to promote.

Level 17
Give it some time, people have lives and some may still be on vacation.
If you really want it approved - post in the admin contact section.
Complaining about these sort of things in threads evidently do not go anywhere as the moderators of the spell sections need to see if it works and if it not, that it can be properly fixed. Also there are people in-front of you most likely waiting for their own spells to be approved as well.
Additionally, sometimes other users will comment on your spell and tell you what is wrong with it and you can work your way from there.
It isn't an easy thing to do - just give it time.

Last edited:
Level 8
Give it some time, people have lives and some may still be on vacation.
If you really want it approved - post in the admin contact section.
Complaining about these sort of things in threads evidently do not go anywhere as the moderators of the spell sections need to see if it works and if it not, that it can be properly fixed. Also there are people in-front of you most likely waiting for their own spells to be approved as well.
Additionally, sometimes other users will comment on your spell and tell you what is wrong with it and you can work your way from there.
It isn't an easy thing to do - just give it time.

Is that directed to me?
This thread was meant in order to find solutions about the lack of mods, not in order to get my or other people's spells or maps approved.
So I probably think you missunderstood the meaning of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.