• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resources - Something needs to change

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently: 8 pages of pending skins, 6 pages of pending models, 12 pages of pending icons, 2 pages of pending spells, 9 pages of pending maps.

I know moderating is not easy, and you must test all every single aspect of the rescource, but almost all the rescource sections are backlogged, and mostly the more respected submitters are being looked at, not the more casual submitters like myself.

I know all the arguments: mods are busy, moderating isnt easy, there is a place to post inquiries about rescources.

These are not enough. Even if EVERYONE posted inquiries about their rescources there would STILL be a backlog, due to the mods being swamped.

I see one viable solution: more moderators.

I do not know the requirements of being a mod, nor do I care. This site is supposed to have rescources by everyone if they are good enough, but the last 5 approved models have been made my HappyTauren and SuPa-, when there have been models pending for weeks that haven't even been moderated yet.

Level 22
I really do Agree with im, It's obscene how much stuff there is backloaded, and not EVERYONE is gonna /w a mod to check their stuff, hell, nobody even posts in the Inquiry section... it makes no sense, Getting 1 model approved per thread doesn't make a difference...
I agree.. something needs to change.

Level 34
I understand your frustration. Basically what happens is, you make more Mods, then those ones loose interest and the process starts all over again. I dislike the idea of having a million mods. Too many is a bad idea IMO.

Although through your complaining lately, I've decided to try and step it up. Well actually get back on track, due to my Moderating inactivity lately. Two maps a day keeps the n00bs away?!

Level 45
If you god dam didn't make assumptions about 95% or more of icons are from 2004-2006 which to my knowledge shouldn't be in pending at all and the ones that are left or due to the fact I cannot determine if they are theft or not or are awaiting for their attached model to be approved, same goes with skins but at about 90%. It is not necessary to moderate those so dont go crying and bitching to us about that.

EDIT: "Your" solution is clearly wrong.
We dont need new moderators, that wont fix anything "too many cooks ruin the soup", but in my sense adding more moderators will only create a sense of "there are others, they can do the work" meaning they will rely on eachother and nobody ends up doing it.

We could turn being a resource moderator into a timed process. So you become a resource moderator, stay there for a few months (maybe 6) and then become a "Former Staff" member. You could always re-volunteer afterwards, but this way lets more people have a chance to be resource moderators without having to have hundreds of them.

Level 24
This is a problem,but most of our resources are pending due to facts

In my oppinion,mods take some things personally,so they will not accept your resource if you gave them a head ache,why?I see at pending,resources better than the ones we have at approved.
Most of our resources are outdated,they dont have a credit in the map and they are submitted by the ''Unknown''.
Some of them may be stolen,so in this case the model/icon awaits the respective icon/model,but why isnt it comming,the resource was forgotten or theft.

Why dont we add temporarily moderators.The staff that can judge resources for a limited period of time.We have qualified members for these tasks.

Or we may add a non-approved section,based on the critteria that a resource is good or not.

Or lets mix resources ,some of our quests download without looking or knowing anything about the person that made the resource.They judge quality ,not fame.

Lets involve Black-Stan for example,he has incredible made models,but if you want to make a Mario,Toon map,you would need Dan Van Olhus models,or you want dragons,you just download them,you never care that a person called Pyritie made them.

Wulf, do you honestly think I'm crying? Do you think I'm the least bit upset at all? I know that moderating isn't easy. Modding takes about as long as it did to make the model in most cases.

If you have a different solution, I'm happy to hear it.

You say my solution is wrong, yet you do not provide one that is in any way marginally better.

I am not blaming the mods at all (don't know why anyone would think I am), I'm just saying that alot of members (myself included) are getting a little put-off by the fact that they upload things that are hardly looked at.

Level 34
In my oppinion,mods take some things personally,so they will not accept your resource if you gave them a head ache,why?I see at pending,resources better than the ones we have at approved.
Whoa! Hold up there.

Your second statement "I see at pending,resources better than the ones we have at approved." is not thought out at all. Of course there are. We haven't looked at them yet. We aren't psychic, we can't just look at a resource and tell if it's going to be better than another. We have to test each one by hand. It's common sense. Think before posting.

Your first statement may be true, but please provide evidence. It's easy to say they do, but give us a link. Also I haven't really seen much of that at all. Especially in the maps section.

Level 24
Hmm indeed,proof is needed.

But my point isnt this ,I point out something else.Mods should be placed and organised,it may occur that the same resource will be tested by more mods at once.

And besides that,I dont see how hard it is to test a map or a model,it takes just a few minutes,for all I know.

Level 45
Wulf, do you honestly think I'm crying? Do you think I'm the least bit upset at all? I know that moderating isn't easy. Modding takes about as long as it did to make the model in most cases.

If you have a different solution, I'm happy to hear it.

You say my solution is wrong, yet you do not provide one that is in any way marginally better.

I am not blaming the mods at all (don't know why anyone would think I am), I'm just saying that alot of members (myself included) are getting a little put-off by the fact that they upload things that are hardly looked at.

Wow.. look at this..you expect me to have the answers hmm? Im on the chair waiting for the communities input and you better be dam greatful for that. I dont have to give a solution, nor can I think of one, all I know is yours is terrible and I can say that becuase im the one that has to DEAL WITH IT.

Level 15
People I really can't understand you! All the recourses are downloadable. Pending or not, it can be downloaded. you are thinking too narrow.

Wulf, if you are waiting for the communities input, why dont you SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO IT?!

I AM grateful for all the mods that take time out of their own day to make this site as friendly as possible.

You keep sayng that too many chiefs ruin the soup, but 5 chiefs cannot run a restaurant that has several hundread people waiting for their food.

Level 45
Wulf, if you are waiting for the communities input, why dont you SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO IT?!
Didnt I already state I listened to your solution and gave a final opinion on it? I dont have to even take time to listen to you so be grateful I am and have been ever since I became staff.

You keep sayng that too many chiefs ruin the soup, but 5 chiefs cannot run a restaurant that has several hundread people waiting for their food.
You obviously fail at reading my previous point and typed reasons.

Last edited:
Level 24
Anyway,lets not start a flame war

Wulf you point out that non-motivated,timeless,non-planned that lack organization and a prepared schedule,mods,will fail at moderating.

Deep Sea,you point out that we need more mods.

My statement is this,we dont need anymore mods and if we need,who are we going to call?Our Peon staff is a total failure and they are too many,they will bring on more resources until the mods will be overwhelmed and Hive will eventually crash.

We dont have enough qualified members to do this job and if we implement like 10 more mods,eventually the whole web site will become a mod site,where mods will post,mods will submit resources,mods will do everything.

Because there will be no more Peons that post or things like these.Understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.