• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well I think this is insane we have 6 pages
with pending models..I dont this seems right because there are lots of models that should of been approved by now and some people dosent even know there is a pending section so lots of models wont be noticed by guests as an example.
Well one more thing if you look at the recent approved models they are from:
HappyTauren
BlinkBoy
Werewulf
SuPa-

Well since that HappyTauren , BlinkBoy , Werewulf and SuPa- are mods and their models got approved while others didnt.
Their models shouldnt only be the approved ones, IMO or their just busy with something else and dont have time for model moderating.

Ehm btw forum bug D: . I made 1 thread 2 threads shows up

Level 34
Well since that HappyTauren , BlinkBoy , Werewulf and SuPa- are mods and their models got approved while others didnt.
Their models shouldnt only be the approved ones, IMO or their just busy with something else and dont have time for model moderating.
First off Staff members are going to have their work looked at first. It's common sense. If I were to upload a map, I would PM MasterHaosis and have him look at it for me. He would do it because we know each other. If some random guy PM'd him, he wouldn't really care if that guys map was looked at first. Also the HT, BB, Wulf, and SuPa are all valued members who make some of the best models (never really seen BB's models though). I would personally rather see their models looked at first, because I know they are going to be quality, and they upload so many, while others may make one decent model.

Second I don't really understand what your complaining/asking about. Might want to rephrase it.

About the forum bug, did you click Submit twice? The site lags or goes down at times. I have it happen where it lags and I hit submit twice out of frustration or to try and get it to go through, and it makes two.

Level 27
I'll moderate any model immediately per request, which many of the moderators have figured out.
Speaking for myself, I'm busy A LOT. If people don't even care enough to ask me to moderate their models, I figure that they don't have getting their models approved on a high priority list, so I don't put it high on mine either.
When I do get more free time, I plan on cleaning out a lot of the section, for now, have patience.
--donut3.5--

First off Staff members are going to have their work looked at first. It's common sense. If I were to upload a map, I would PM MasterHaosis and have him look at it for me. He would do it because we know each other. If some random guy PM'd him, he wouldn't really care if that guys map was looked at first. Also the HT, BB, Wulf, and SuPa are all valued members who make some of the best models (never really seen BB's models though). I would personally rather see their models looked at first, because I know they are going to be quality, and they upload so many, while others may make one decent model.

Second I don't really understand what your complaining/asking about. Might want to rephrase it.

About the forum bug, did you click Submit twice? The site lags or goes down at times. I have it happen where it lags and I hit submit twice out of frustration or to try and get it to go through, and it makes two.

For me (as in when i check), only ONE thing on the second page has been looked at by a mod.

There has been a model therefor almost 2 months. If it hasn't been modified the way the moderator requested after almost 2 months, I don't think it will be.

@Gilles, He is asking why there is such a huge backload, when there are things that haven't been touched in 2 motnhs and are still cluttering up the page. Also, from the way you say it, nobody had even bother to upload a model unless theyre a mod or have several good approved models.

Actually I don't see how its common sense, why does someone who pumps out very good models (no offense to General Frank, and the other really good modelers), gets to be stuck at the top of the list when other people have been waiting in upwards of 3-4 weeks for their model to be judged.

Most people don't PM mods because they don't know if the mod will recieve them kindly, and they don't even know that its a viable option.

Level 20
In my opinion we need new moderators, seems like current ones are not enough.
Come on 6 pages of models? This is a bad sign. Taking moderation job mods knew what they are doing, and what is expected from them.
Since when we have to ask for our models to be tested?
If someone uploads a model its known that he wants it to be tested.
We have to beg now for our models to be tested? Excuse me.

Level 36
EVERYONE is busy with school and other things, and if you're not then you don't have a life and would not be a welcome addition to the Staff anyway.

We don't get paid for this, people take time out of their own lives just to do this shit for you, and you bitch about it? Get a clue man, life doesn't work that way. You aren't in a position to make any demands of us.

Level 34
It still makes sense to me that a trusted user who creates quality, should get their work looked at first. Not a rule or anything, but in general I'd be much more willing to take a look at theirs than wade through a bunch of crap. Not saying that we shouldn't wade through the crap for good models. Just that you can't complain that quality=respect, and respect=faster moderation for your stuff.

Level 45
It still makes sense to me that a trusted user who creates quality, should get their work looked at first. Not a rule or anything, but in general I'd be much more willing to take a look at theirs than wade through a bunch of crap. Not saying that we shouldn't wade through the crap for good models. Just that you can't complain that quality=respect, and respect=faster moderation for your stuff.

True, its just human nature to do that, its not like we are doing it to deliberately be unfair and stuff, if you are more respected and your work is more appealing the more attention you will get. Most skins or icons or stuff I find abit too "inbetween" I leave them alone and hope the other mod gives their view, because I dont want to moderate anything if I cant give a solid and honest opinion that gets it dealt with immediately.

Lately I have been dealing with icons and textures, just recently I did a mass moderation of those sections and left the rest for the other mods. The model section is tiring and the task I appoint myself in is "clean the crap" or "rid it of theft". I dont necessarily do the full part which is poor but I do my job in a sense, wolve mainly appointed me to be a theft sniffer anyway.

Totally Agreed , The administration recruits people that dosen't have time to moderate , They are busy with their projects / School etc.
No, thats clearly a stupid comment, everyone is busy with their own personal issues/life, dont assume YOU arnt lazy just because you arnt given a task.

@Brad And yes, we are humans and we have lives, personally moderation is not a HIGH priority, our own personal life is just as important as yours. Trust me, moderating isnt "easy", it is in a sense, but its more of a "drag" and it pulls onto people, personally Im not happy with the new moderation system as it makes it more annoying and slow.

In my opinion we need new moderators, seems like current ones are not enough.
Come on 6 pages of models? This is a bad sign. Taking moderation job mods knew what they are doing, and what is expected from them.
Since when we have to ask for our models to be tested?
If someone uploads a model its known that he wants it to be tested.
We have to beg now for our models to be tested? Excuse me.
We dont need new moderators, that wont fix anything "too many cooks ruin the soup", but in my sense adding more moderators will only create a sense of "there are others, they can do the work" meaning they will rely on eachother and nobody ends up doing it.
And to add on your last point, but excuse me, we are a FREE service, you should be grateful for what we already offer and what we are capable of. We shouldnt have to be pressured and pointed at just because YOU want YOUR STUFF showcased by OUR services and hardwork, its a privilege to have us sorting through your stuff and giving our opinions, granted we were tasked to be moderators and we try to do our best to give an "acceptable service" . Asking is not wrong, you should be greatful you can even give us a nudge. We arnt your little bitches.

As for me actually moderating the model area, i prefer to moderate when im not occupied and not in a brain melting mood, I will only clean and sort theft, I dont usually deal with sorting the shelves as Im often busy and it takes up my time.

To sum it up, you obviously have the right to state your opinions and suggestions, but to also sum up, we arnt your bitches.

/me meows to her litter box

Status
Not open for further replies.