• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An Idea how WE can get Download Section moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How wc3sear.ch can get section moderators,
WITHOUT DARKY
I have no idea if this will work,but...please listen...
Skin section unactive mods:Alfred sotn,Konbalde
Spell section Unactive mods:the_raven and now vexorian

a very fast growing section...with many submissions and comments a day...but few mods...the site will eventualy collapse..to prevent this...we need moderation...but the mods are unactive...
maybe...
we could email,PM,talk to,any other form of communication to give TRUSTED users control...
sounds risky...but...it will keep the sections in beter positions...i'm not saying the mods are not good,but they have lives...and when they are not here...the "backup mods are on...helps a bit doesnt it..."

thats just my idea...
~halo a.k.a mr.staby

Level 11
Whenever I will feel that the Spells section is getting out of control, I will announce you. But there isn't a huge amount of posts there so yep, it is controlled by now. As for the section, Oz02 cannot make me mod, only darky can. Conclusion, only vex and darky remain to moderate there and as far as I can see, they are both inactive (vex still does his job but I don't know how much it will keep him). Conclusion, without darky there's nothing we can do.

As for skins section, I repeat, downloads moderators can be enchanced only by darky. And I think the risk is far too big. Not that moderators could do THAT much to destroy it but still, there are a lot of things a bad intended moderator could destroy.

~Daelin

Level 11
Its true that the Spells section is in grave danger (atleast in download part) if Vexorian leaves (since super mods don't have control upon it) but until then, there's nothing to worry about.

And indeed, through the terms of service super mods are not allowed to do this. And indeed, I see no problem in the models section, sooo big that we would require alfred. And btw, alfred is general moderator ya know! But neither he, nor DarkShadow, nor super moderators don't have control upon download sections, except their OWN section. Only admins and section moderators do. But mecheon still handles the model section, so what's your problem there?

~Daelin

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well I think only trusted people could watch over "his" section but... only Darky may promote people to moderators, and it would be a hard choice because I do not see good people here in the site except the moderators (of course), halo, DeadDogNoGoWoof and Alfrod... but this is just my opinion.... :lol:

EDIT: And by the way if someone thinks I'm saying this cause i want to be moderator you are WRONG. I dont even know if I can do it.. so gg.

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.