1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

So... will people still play WC3?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Marshmalo, Jul 3, 2008.

?

In the face of Starcraft II, will you remain faithful to WCIII?

1. I'm staying with WCIII

94 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. I've already gotten SCII; goodbye WCIII

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. I'm thinking about gettign SCII, and will stop from WCIII if I get it.

27 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. I'm too poor to afford SCII, so I'm stuck with WCIII

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    the editor will be exactly like wc3 editor.... Only by large degree, more advanced, with more features and such... Wtf and for what reason would thye not allow importing? Where did that come from? Theres heroes in the editor, so you can make them.

2. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But as I said in some other topic a while ago, his map might be made in rush, with not that much of quality in it, giving us, mapmakers, a chance to parry him with our maps. Which is one of the reason I'll be switching to sc2

3. Hidan

Hidan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because the models in sc2 are not pixel block abominations walking around like in wc3, so it will be alot harder to create custom models

4. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I get what Hidan is saying, i remember mentioning it a while ago. Sc2 will be much more graphically superior so modelling and modding for it will become more complicated and time consuming.

But people have created mods for HF 2, Battlefield... they've made some for Crysis and lord knows that things fucking insane. So it will be harder but it wont really be a problem...

5. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    im gonna go ahead and just say it out loud

if DotA gets transfered to Sc2, then wc3 will die MUCH faster than you are saying :S

6. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You silly rabbits don't know that DotA STARTED in starcraft... Aeon of Strife, anyone?

7. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you are the silly rabbit

nobody ever said they didnt know that Aeon of Strife was the first AoS(Aeon of Strife) and that it was on starcraft

and there is nothing that says that there is a definate fact that DotA will appear on Sc2

8. Blackscar

Blackscar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm gona join the starcraft 2 , for me warcraft 3 has become booring , to muts of the same games are hosted (so happens to be dota) new maps never seem get gowing.

On a another thing Blizzard has announced that thy are working on a 4te game

9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats probabaly the SC MMOG, it was leaked somewhere that they were making it, I saw the conept art.

10. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i myself will stay in wc3. i just like the fact that its medieval themed, and i truly believe the only way to play sci-fi rts games is to have a system similar to DoW.
    If people do make models for SC2, how big would they be (in filesize), considering they would need to be very clean looking, and have a variety of animations, and what would the maximum size limit for maps on bnet? we have to take these things into consideration before we rush in and start making maps.
    If dota leaves wc3, maybe wc3 will slowly recover from the Dota Pandemic, and make better custom games.reverse psychology :D

11. Blackscar

Blackscar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I only knew it was a MMOG but not that it involved Starcraft. :D

12. Johny F.

Johny F.

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i think not its a ather game in warcraft you have magic and stuff in starcraft its all tecnologie

13. Numerion

Numerion

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think that it will be like when wc3 appeared, wc3 has appeared and lots of people who love strategies have started to play wc3 BUT lots of peoples are still playing sc so....

14. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just wonder how many players will go from SC->SC 2.

15. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Starcraft FPS

believe

16. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    another MMO game, so I doubt they'll make it an FPS game... And I hope they're not

17. Blackscar

Blackscar

Resources:
    Resources:
    First person shooter ,hmm i hope not thy already got Starcraft Ghost for that.:smile:

18. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, they dont.

It was indefinitely postponed, and the console section of Blizzard was closed (Which was the sole developer of ghost, as it was a *console game*), perhaps for good.

Starcraft ghost, or at least the game we know as Starcraft ghost, will never be released. If they do decide to bring it back, they will probably have to start from scratch.

19. penguinperson

penguinperson

Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally don't really like SC but if the community dies in warcraft 3 i may end up playing it anyway.

20. Arvedui

Arvedui

Resources:
    Resources:
    The community will never die. Look at sc, people still play that.

Hell, people even still play Diablo 1.

The community won't die, it will just be greatly diminished.