• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SKYRIM: Dragon Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
attachment.php

SKYRIM: DRAGON WARS

Welcome to SKYRIM: Dragon Wars map development thread. This map centres on the conflicts and large scale wars that take place during Bethesda's Skyrim backstory. But instead of being one character in a field of battle players will be commanding armies and factions in epic RTS game style! Scroll down for screenshots.

Playable Factions

Windhelm: Seat of power for the rebel leader Ulfric Stormcloak, vehemently opposed to imperial rule.

Winterhold College: A powerful yet secluded college of mages, although secretive, when their college and town are underthreat they respond will the full power of Winterhold.

Whiterun: Powerful faction ruled by Jarl, Balgruuf the Greater. Initialy neutral.

Morthal: Ruled by Jarl Ingrid Ravencrone; a decrepid yet wise woman with the powers of foresight. Although a dark and dreary place the citys proximity to the marshes has allowed its citizens some resistence against unholy magic.

Dawnstar: Supporters of Ulfric Stormcloak and ruled by Jarl Skald the Elder, able to train preists of Vaermina at Nightcrawler Temple.

Dragons: Able to summon terrible Dragons capable of turning the tide of battles, the Dragon Priests and their Draugr servants have also been awakened and heed the call of Alduin. When this player is powerful enough they may summon Alduin himself to destroy the world!

Game Features:

- 6 Playable Factions
- Realistic and unique gameplay
- Fully scaleable walls and siege battles
- Control point income
- Ingame events and conquerable factions
- Under 8MG and playable on Battle.net

SCREENSHOTS:
112551d1333373714-skyrim-dragon-wars-skyrim-screen-shot-new-02.jpg

112552d1333373714-skyrim-dragon-wars-skyrim-screen-shot-new-01.jpg

112548d1333373291-skyrim-dragon-wars-skyrim-screen-shot-new-03.jpg

112549d1333373291-skyrim-dragon-wars-skyrim-screen-shot-new-04.jpg

112550d1333373291-skyrim-dragon-wars-skyrim-screen-shot-new-05.jpg

Disclaimer: This map is not attempting to copy Skyrim! Skyrim is a RPG where as this is a RTS strategy, the two game times are very different only this game gives players the chance to control vast armys in typical WC3 style and decide Skyrims fate. I hope Skyrim fans will enjoy it.

Unfortunatley I could not Include all major citys in Skyrim as the map would just get too big and it wouldn't be feasable. I would rather have 6 factions/citys to a high standard than all 8, unfortunatly this means Solitude will not feature in this map.

Recruitment: I am currently looking for a co-map maker to take charge of Triggering and Objecting editing and help with ideas and balance. I have contacted afew people regarding this already.

I will be in charge of Terraining, modeling and other art related areas. I am a Fine Art graduate and will be using this map as fun motivation to develop my modeling and texturing skills.

I am looking for someone with the following: Intermediate to advanced Trigger skills, Must be a fan of Skyrim! And contactable through MSN messenger or Yahoo Messenger.

Attachments

• Skyrim Screen shot New 03.jpg
    Skyrim Screen shot New 03.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 10,864
  • Skyrim Screen shot New 04.jpg
    Skyrim Screen shot New 04.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 15,109
  • Skyrim Screen shot New 05.jpg
    Skyrim Screen shot New 05.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 11,557
  • Skyrim Screen shot New 02.jpg
    Skyrim Screen shot New 02.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 17,489
  • Skyrim Screen shot New 01.jpg
    Skyrim Screen shot New 01.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 11,753
  • Skyrim Logo.jpg
    Skyrim Logo.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 36,399
Last edited:
Level 1
Awesome! I was expecting a new version of your "Lordaeron The Aftermath" map (It was a very fun and well done map). But this is much better. If you need ideas for other factions arround that small area, which I asume it's between Morthal and Windhelm, (besides the cities) I can give you some. Like the Thalmor or the Vigils of Stendarr
...maybe even the Falmer.

Level 4
WOO I'm glad you keep this one up +rep :D I like this new snow terrain, except both villages looks kinda the same when you look at buildings and trees position. Out of that it looks awesome.

I will try to hurry with own projects, so probably some friends and myself can join you. To help with triggers and ideas. Really nice work!

Level 7
@ Reaper: Players start off with a city and afew starting units, units are built in "Battalions" at each citys Bastion (Thats the tower as can be seen in Winterhold Screen shot). Each City has its own military Bastion, Forge, Capital, Warehouse, Siege Works and in some cases a Temple.

Citys can be destroyed and conquered, when a building is destroyed it turns into a ruin, this ruin can then be restored should the owner choose. Peasants canot build new buildings exept for Outposts and Mills so keeping your home city is important.

Resources are gold and Iron Ore. Gold is collected through control points and Iron ore can be harvested like Lumber.

Players are free to make and break alliances in game.

Once dead Heroes stay dead.

Awesome! I was expecting a new version of your "Lordaeron The Aftermath" map.

lol where did you find that map? I'm glad atleast someone played it I gave up on that one! I meant to complete Northrend too but lost the motivation. As for factions, the Thalmar will deffo be featured, I would like to have the falmer too but will need more costum recources so have to see how much size i have left (Map is already 5mg). Whats Vigils of Stendarr? Havnt come accross them ingame yet.

Impressive terrain. One question, where did you get that dragon?

It is an edited version of the Lindormr Dragon by Olaf found on this site, I guess I will need to ask him for permission to use edited version if he's still around, hope he permits it as the map would not be the same without it, it realy is an awsome model, even has landed anins aswel.

except both villages looks kinda the same when you look at buildings and trees position. Out of that it looks awesome.

I know what you mean :( But importing costum models for each unique city will just cost too much space but each city will be very different in its enviroment.

Thanks for all the nice feed back! Its good motivation :)

Last edited:
Level 1
lol where did you find that map? I'm glad atleast someone played it I gave up on that one! I meant to complete Northrend too but lost the motivation. As for factions, the Thalmar will deffo be featured, I would like to have the falmer too but will need more costum recources so have to see how much size i have left (Map is already 5mg). Whats Vigils of Stendarr? Havnt come accross them ingame yet.

I found it on Epic War I believe.
And about the Vigil... they're a militant order of priests that worship Stendarr, killing all who serve the Daedra and other dark creatures. And Stendarr is the god of mercy... so go figure. More info here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vigilants_of_Stendarr

Level 22
Legendary terrain. I thought this was an SC2 mod for a second.

Do you mind if I have that snow tileset? Message me if you are willing to share, 'tis for the Chaos Wastes.

Under 8 MB oh my goodness.

Edit: This project is so awe-inspiring, I would be willing to provide triggering help and balancing help, contact me about it, I have 1 reference map on hand, my best is currently on the web somewhere, I'm trying to recover it from Azurot.

Level 19
Love it. Excited to play it.
The terrain is awesome, but it looks more like for an RPG.
Also, how would you basically play it?

Just some suggestions, Whiterun should be buffed up since Whiterun has the Companions, which are awesome werewolves.
Whiterun should have also better armor/equipment with the Skyforge with them. They should have the Werewolf research.
Whiterun also is not neutral, its with the Imperial Army.

Please also include Soltitude.
It is a MUST. The Imperial Army has its base there, the king is there, etc.
Its like not including a capital of a country into its list of cities.
Its just ridiculous.

A question, how about those other races?
Like Khajit, Argonians, Orcs, Elves, etc.

Also, it would be better if you made this in an AoS style, but RTS would also do.
Dragon Wars sounds too mainstream. Think of a better one.
Subscribing, +rep.

Last edited:
Level 7
Also, how would you basically play it?

Can you be more specific? I mentioned the basic gameplay to Reaper here:

@ Reaper: Players start off with a city and afew starting units, units are built in "Battalions" at each citys Bastion (Thats the tower as can be seen in Winterhold Screen shot). Each City has its own military Bastion, Forge, Capital, Warehouse, Siege Works and in some cases a Temple.

Whiterun should be buffed up since Whiterun has the Companions, which are awesome werewolves.
Whiterun should have also better armor/equipment with the Skyforge with them. They should have the Werewolf research.

Companions will be included :) Just need to find a decent low poly warewolf model if anyone can point me in the right direction please? Skyforge is a good idea but again if I can find a nice model to represent it.

Please also include Soltitude.
It is a MUST.

I know but its just too difficult to include Solitude, It would mean making the map even bigger and adding an extra player, but the biggest hurdle is the huge rock Solitude is situated on. How can I include that without it looking crappy? Will require alot more costum resources and I need to keep it below 8 MG. But hmmm maybe I can include it, I'll see how much space I have left when its finished.

A question, how about those other races?
Like Khajit, Argonians, Orcs, Elves, etc.

Don't have any model resources for Khajit and Argonians. But Elves and Orcs will feature but only as characters or heroes. Races in skyrim tend to belong to all factions and citys so representing races as factions wouldnt be appropriate (exept the Thalmor ofc).

Also, it would be better if you made this in an AoS style, but RTS would also do.

I realy don't like Dota and AoS maps, theres so many of them and I don't think Skyrim would make a very good candidate for it.

Dragon Wars sounds too mainstream. Think of a better one.
Subscribing, +rep.

Well Dragon Wars refers to an era of Skyrims history during the first coming of Alduin, but it is kinda appropriate as although set in the present time period it is actualy the second Dragon War.

Thanks for the rep and feedback! They are welcome.

Legendary terrain. I thought this was an SC2 mod for a second.

Do you mind if I have that snow tileset? Message me if you are willing to share, 'tis for the Chaos Wastes.

Under 8 MB oh my goodness.

Edit: This project is so awe-inspiring, I would be willing to provide triggering help and balancing help, contact me about it, I have 1 reference map on hand, my best is currently on the web somewhere, I'm trying to recover it from Azurot.

Thanks :) I am a huge Warhammer fan so would be happy to help! Most of the resources are edits of existing WC3 assets or assets from this site so credits will have to go to their original authors obviously. There are afew which I have made myself from scratch however, the snow tile being one of them. I am interested in your Map, I'll PM you!

So the gameplay is going to be a lot like Battle for Middle-Earth?

Isnt that spawn based? This map isnt spawn based, I'm hoping there's enough costum features for this map to make it stand out from other RTSs.

Level 11
^I agree, I'm sick of all these risk clones.

You are going to need an awesome gameplay style to make it stand out from the other maps.

Test my map for example, it is essentially age of empires but what makes is stand out from the crowd is that it has battalions, custom terrain, custom soundtracks, very different civilizations, and AI.

Level 22
Can you be more specific? I mentioned the basic gameplay to Reaper here:

Companions will be included :) Just need to find a decent low poly warewolf model if anyone can point me in the right direction please? Skyforge is a good idea but again if I can find a nice model to represent it.

I know but its just too difficult to include Solitude, It would mean making the map even bigger and adding an extra player, but the biggest hurdle is the huge rock Solitude is situated on. How can I include that without it looking crappy? Will require alot more costum resources and I need to keep it below 8 MG. But hmmm maybe I can include it, I'll see how much space I have left when its finished.

Don't have any model resources for Khajit and Argonians. But Elves and Orcs will feature but only as characters or heroes. Races in skyrim tend to belong to all factions and citys so representing races as factions wouldnt be appropriate (exept the Thalmor ofc).

I realy don't like Dota and AoS maps, theres so many of them and I don't think Skyrim would make a very good candidate for it.

Well Dragon Wars refers to an era of Skyrims history during the first coming of Alduin, but it is kinda appropriate as although set in the present time period it is actualy the second Dragon War.

Thanks for the rep and feedback! They are welcome.

Thanks :) I am a huge Warhammer fan so would be happy to help! Most of the resources are edits of existing WC3 assets or assets from this site so credits will have to go to their original authors obviously. There are afew which I have made myself from scratch however, the snow tile being one of them. I am interested in your Map, I'll PM you!

Isnt that spawn based? This map isnt spawn based, I'm hoping there's enough costum features for this map to make it stand out from other RTSs.

I'm glad to hear, it, I made some skins from scratch for my map as well for the Forces of Chaos faction, though I have no experience with tilesets, so this would definitely help me.

PM about your map if you would like me to assist you in any way, (I know pathing for a map with terrain like this can be a bitch) or if you are interested in mine, I'll probably start a thread soon.

I'd say I'm best at terraining and balancing, but I'm fairly good at triggering as well so long as it is GUI.

Level 8
Hm, this is real nice and a lovely addition of B2M's stuff. I love how you've incoporated the high-res models to work with other-res models, real nice good job there :D! As a Tamriel fan this map looks real cool it would be interesting to see how it works out. Usually grand RTS maps have 10+ factions so I'm not sure how well a 6 player map would be, I'm guessing it would short? The fact that is has 6 players means it will be so much easier to fill though :p

I'm here to test with my clan, lots of Skyrim/RTS lovers, so I'd be glad to do so!

Level 7
Late news here, I will be co-making the map with Marshmalo.

Yes I would like to welcome xRiotZx to the team, his main focus will be on triggers/systems but also help out with object editing and balance aswel as ideas and lore.

A nice alpha test map would be very much appreciated here.

I'd like to do that but even if I protect it people can rip the recources from the map and I wouldnt want any resources being released until the map is available to the public.

Like the Fire/Ice Breath/Slow Time/Call Dragon/Unarm/Etc.

All of those could be fairly easily implemented exept Unarm I think but xRiotx would be the person to ask.

Level 22
It's called Disarm, and it would be pretty easy to do, without removing the units weapon of course... That would be impossible. Disarm would just stun the enemy unit, or in this case maybe a group.

Slow Time, I'm not sure about, I suppose you could use it on a certain area, so everything slows down, this way you could pick off retreating enemies, or slow down advancing ones.

Call Dragon could be a little imbalanced, would be Marshamalo's call on that one.

The rest would be easy.

As far as what I'm working on now, a way for all units to be query using Custom Values, so I can apply effects to them, like my personal favorite, which is to give every unit in the game an EXP rating, so they can level up, individual from heroes, and increase their stats, maybe unlock abilities.

Level 22
Well maybe Disarm could just make them forced to drop dropable items.
Also, Call Dragon, maybe casted once per game or maybe can be casted by only 1 unit per faction/player.

Well, certain units have the ability to morph into Dragons as far as I can tell from Marshmalo's work, so I personally would leave Call Dragon out.

But the idea for Disarm is pretty good.

Level 19
This would be too hard, close to impossible. Plus, it would take years implementing it, say 2 to 5. Warcraft 3 is starting to die now.

If one would make an RPG for Skyrim, why not just use the Creation Engine or make a stand alone game instead of sticking to a non profitable map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.