• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~Project of the Month #1 POLL: July 2012~

Which project do you nominate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
If I understand marko9's implication of releasing a map version such as that, it would be so that we can get a feel for the map, it's direction, etc. It would not be meant to be 100% complete or anything

Level 22
Feel good now? Calling someone a idiot?

I didn't call anyone an idiot. I said the subject of how we judge these maps is based upon idiocy, we went over this a few posts ago.

There's no point in arguing over it anymore.

Also, it seems people judge maps by the incorrect criteria, primarily what the screenshots look like, disregarding the quality of craftsmanship in the map.

My criteria are as follows.

1. Size of team

2. Number of rips

3. Number of personally made resources

4. Originality

5. Quality

I think Requiem scores low in resources, high in size of team and originality, whereas RDZs project scores high in all four, which is why I voted for him. BtT ToD also scores high in all areas excluding originality. The RPGs Shadows of Everwood and Shadows of The Past both score low in originality, decent in resources, very high in quality, and low in team size.

Level 7
Yeah, baby, I'm going to show you! You will see the class true project! And let your faith ghostly little, but I will not let you down, I swear!

Level 17
Now i think that only projects that we can test-play should be here becuse It is not fair to judge by few screens!

And on the other hand those non playable projects might be alot better than the ones we chose, so I think the project owners should release
at least the first stage of their maps so we can see what they're up to. Now that would be awesome!

This is called the 'Project of the Month', not the 'Map of the Month'.

And yes, people don't see beyond visuals. Reading a wall of text is too difficult for most. If it looks good, it'll probably be good - the logic of many.

Level 22

And yes, people don't see beyond visuals. Reading a wall of text is too difficult for most. If it looks good, it'll probably be good - the logic of many.

That is in fact how it works... Then after long years of waiting Halo Wars is released, and you say "wtf is this shit?!"

Level 11

no no I mean there are projects that already have playable versions while others dont so I think that is not fair for other users.

Level 17
no no I mean there are projects that already have playable versions while others dont so I think that is not fair for other users.

I can respect that. I mean, Shadows of the Past is a Hosted Project. It already has quite a lot of merit and publicity as well as the backing of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.