1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SKYRIM: Dragon Wars

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Marshmalo, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

SKYRIM: DRAGON WARS

Welcome to SKYRIM: Dragon Wars map development thread. This map centres on the conflicts and large scale wars that take place during Bethesda's Skyrim backstory. But instead of being one character in a field of battle players will be commanding armies and factions in epic RTS game style! Scroll down for screenshots.

Playable Factions

Windhelm: Seat of power for the rebel leader Ulfric Stormcloak, vehemently opposed to imperial rule.

Winterhold College: A powerful yet secluded college of mages, although secretive, when their college and town are underthreat they respond will the full power of Winterhold.

Whiterun: Powerful faction ruled by Jarl, Balgruuf the Greater. Initialy neutral.

Morthal: Ruled by Jarl Ingrid Ravencrone; a decrepid yet wise woman with the powers of foresight. Although a dark and dreary place the citys proximity to the marshes has allowed its citizens some resistence against unholy magic.

Dawnstar: Supporters of Ulfric Stormcloak and ruled by Jarl Skald the Elder, able to train preists of Vaermina at Nightcrawler Temple.

Dragons: Able to summon terrible Dragons capable of turning the tide of battles, the Dragon Priests and their Draugr servants have also been awakened and heed the call of Alduin. When this player is powerful enough they may summon Alduin himself to destroy the world!

Game Features:

- 6 Playable Factions
    - Realistic and unique gameplay
    - Fully scaleable walls and siege battles
    - Control point income
    - Ingame events and conquerable factions
    - Under 8MG and playable on Battle.net

SCREENSHOTS:
    Winterhold College:
    [​IMG]

Windhelm Gates:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 03:
    [​IMG]

Dragon Attacks:
    [​IMG]

Winterhold:
    [​IMG]

Disclaimer: This map is not attempting to copy Skyrim! Skyrim is a RPG where as this is a RTS strategy, the two game times are very different only this game gives players the chance to control vast armys in typical WC3 style and decide Skyrims fate. I hope Skyrim fans will enjoy it.

Unfortunatley I could not Include all major citys in Skyrim as the map would just get too big and it wouldn't be feasable. I would rather have 6 factions/citys to a high standard than all 8, unfortunatly this means Solitude will not feature in this map.

Recruitment: I am currently looking for a co-map maker to take charge of Triggering and Objecting editing and help with ideas and balance. I have contacted afew people regarding this already.

I will be in charge of Terraining, modeling and other art related areas. I am a Fine Art graduate and will be using this map as fun motivation to develop my modeling and texturing skills.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. Reaper51

Reaper51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Exquisite terrains I do say, what tiles did you use?

3. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I will support this new project.

4. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks Reaper, I'm using a combination of vanilla WC3 tiles, some I've drawn myself and others from a Doodad pack that can be found at WC3 Campaigns (google).

5. Reaper51

Reaper51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So how is the gameplay going to work?

Is it going to be like a wc3 altered melee or is it going to be a mix of RTS and RPG?

6. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Impressive terrain. One question, where did you get that dragon?

7. Wolfremio90

Wolfremio90

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome! I was expecting a new version of your "Lordaeron The Aftermath" map (It was a very fun and well done map). But this is much better. If you need ideas for other factions arround that small area, which I asume it's between Morthal and Windhelm, (besides the cities) I can give you some. Like the Thalmor or the Vigils of Stendarr
    ...maybe even the Falmer.

8. kent

kent

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOO I'm glad you keep this one up +rep :D I like this new snow terrain, except both villages looks kinda the same when you look at buildings and trees position. Out of that it looks awesome.

I will try to hurry with own projects, so probably some friends and myself can join you. To help with triggers and ideas. Really nice work!

9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @ Reaper: Players start off with a city and afew starting units, units are built in "Battalions" at each citys Bastion (Thats the tower as can be seen in Winterhold Screen shot). Each City has its own military Bastion, Forge, Capital, Warehouse, Siege Works and in some cases a Temple.

Citys can be destroyed and conquered, when a building is destroyed it turns into a ruin, this ruin can then be restored should the owner choose. Peasants canot build new buildings exept for Outposts and Mills so keeping your home city is important.

Resources are gold and Iron Ore. Gold is collected through control points and Iron ore can be harvested like Lumber.

Players are free to make and break alliances in game.

Once dead Heroes stay dead.

lol where did you find that map? I'm glad atleast someone played it I gave up on that one! I meant to complete Northrend too but lost the motivation. As for factions, the Thalmar will deffo be featured, I would like to have the falmer too but will need more costum recources so have to see how much size i have left (Map is already 5mg). Whats Vigils of Stendarr? Havnt come accross them ingame yet.

It is an edited version of the Lindormr Dragon by Olaf found on this site, I guess I will need to ask him for permission to use edited version if he's still around, hope he permits it as the map would not be the same without it, it realy is an awsome model, even has landed anins aswel.

I know what you mean :( But importing costum models for each unique city will just cost too much space but each city will be very different in its enviroment.

Thanks for all the nice feed back! Its good motivation :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  10. Wolfremio90

Wolfremio90

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found it on Epic War I believe.
    And about the Vigil... they're a militant order of priests that worship Stendarr, killing all who serve the Daedra and other dark creatures. And Stendarr is the god of mercy... so go figure. More info here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vigilants_of_Stendarr

11. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like what i see i can help with triggering if you want. But sadly i have not played skyrim so i maybe not suit.

Anyway rep+ for amazing terain and the good idea!

12. Foronisus

Foronisus

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW nice terrain im going to follow this project.

13. Reaper51

Reaper51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So the gameplay is going to be a lot like Battle for Middle-Earth?

14. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Legendary terrain. I thought this was an SC2 mod for a second.

Do you mind if I have that snow tileset? Message me if you are willing to share, 'tis for the Chaos Wastes.

Under 8 MB oh my goodness.

Edit: This project is so awe-inspiring, I would be willing to provide triggering help and balancing help, contact me about it, I have 1 reference map on hand, my best is currently on the web somewhere, I'm trying to recover it from Azurot.

15. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love it. Excited to play it.
    The terrain is awesome, but it looks more like for an RPG.
    Also, how would you basically play it?

Just some suggestions, Whiterun should be buffed up since Whiterun has the Companions, which are awesome werewolves.
    Whiterun should have also better armor/equipment with the Skyforge with them. They should have the Werewolf research.
    Whiterun also is not neutral, its with the Imperial Army.

Please also include Soltitude.
    It is a MUST. The Imperial Army has its base there, the king is there, etc.
    Its like not including a capital of a country into its list of cities.
    Its just ridiculous.

A question, how about those other races?
    Like Khajit, Argonians, Orcs, Elves, etc.

Also, it would be better if you made this in an AoS style, but RTS would also do.
    Dragon Wars sounds too mainstream. Think of a better one.
    Subscribing, +rep.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  16. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The terrain looks amazing, I really feel like in Skyrim, respect on that.

I'm very excited on the gameplay also, I'm going to keep an eye on this one ;)

Also, Whiterun IS in fact neutral, it depends on the choice the player takes in the game, so I think it would be cool if ya would include that.

17. Deadballs

Deadballs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome!!

You got 100% support from me :)

18. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought it was in the army, since I chose to be an Imperial.
    Oh well, thanks for informing me.

Yeah, making the player choose is cool.

19. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Winterhold!!!

20. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you be more specific? I mentioned the basic gameplay to Reaper here:

Companions will be included :) Just need to find a decent low poly warewolf model if anyone can point me in the right direction please? Skyforge is a good idea but again if I can find a nice model to represent it.

I know but its just too difficult to include Solitude, It would mean making the map even bigger and adding an extra player, but the biggest hurdle is the huge rock Solitude is situated on. How can I include that without it looking crappy? Will require alot more costum resources and I need to keep it below 8 MG. But hmmm maybe I can include it, I'll see how much space I have left when its finished.

Don't have any model resources for Khajit and Argonians. But Elves and Orcs will feature but only as characters or heroes. Races in skyrim tend to belong to all factions and citys so representing races as factions wouldnt be appropriate (exept the Thalmor ofc).

I realy don't like Dota and AoS maps, theres so many of them and I don't think Skyrim would make a very good candidate for it.

Well Dragon Wars refers to an era of Skyrims history during the first coming of Alduin, but it is kinda appropriate as although set in the present time period it is actualy the second Dragon War.

Thanks for the rep and feedback! They are welcome.

Thanks :) I am a huge Warhammer fan so would be happy to help! Most of the resources are edits of existing WC3 assets or assets from this site so credits will have to go to their original authors obviously. There are afew which I have made myself from scratch however, the snow tile being one of them. I am interested in your Map, I'll PM you!

Isnt that spawn based? This map isnt spawn based, I'm hoping there's enough costum features for this map to make it stand out from other RTSs.