• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Workshop

Level 2
I'd like to request a Black Dragon Roost with a human birth animation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Level 12
REVIVE

Good day people!

I would like to revive this workshop because I want to further improve my skills in modeling and also help people

Due to confusions and many requests, all requests before this post are null, you could request it again if you please

I just learned how to do this, so I may not be able to fully accomplish such requests

Level 15
I do also need a closed vertical iron gate for a building, shame I can't make such simple edits. ;(

*Edit: You work quick, gonna take a look. Not exactly what I had in mind but you know what? It's good enough! And don't want to take too much of your time.

Last edited:
Level 15
Question 3: Do you want to delete all the previous animation?
Question 4: Do I remove his blade at his left hand?

@Pinzu I believe you can do that in the Editor :)

Its for a building, don't think you can turn those. I tried using an animation, but if I "close" the opened gate I already have it doesn't have a "On Hit" animation. So I'm not sure how, I would have to trigger all the gates and I would much rather have a closed vertical gate and only use the morph ability. But up to you.

If I use the already existing model, it get turned horizontally.

Level 12
Its for a building, don't think you can turn those. I tried using an animation, but if I "close" the opened gate I already have it doesn't have a "On Hit" animation. So I'm not sure how, I would have to trigger all the gates and I would much rather have a closed vertical gate and only use the morph ability. But up to you.

If I use the already existing model, it get turned horizontally.

here's what I manage to do, I switched the "Death Alternate" of the gate (the one being opened) I changed it to "Stand Alternate", by doing this, you can use the animation tag "stand alternate" on the editor for it to stand open.

as for the "on hit" animation, I really can't do anything about this, unless you want the gate to shake awkwardly :D

edit: will this work? View attachment IronGate.mdx

Answer 3: Remove the attack, spell animations. Replaced it with the witchdoctor's.
Remove the decay and add a dissipate animation.
Answer 4: Yes.

hopefully my last question: Which walk would you prefer?

Level 15
here's what I manage to do, I switched the "Death Alternate" of the gate (the one being opened) I changed it to "Stand Alternate", by doing this, you can use the animation tag "stand alternate" on the editor for it to stand open.

as for the "on hit" animation, I really can't do anything about this, unless you want the gate to shake awkwardly :D

edit: will this work? View attachment 145819

Sorry if you misunderstood me. Just need a 90 degree rotation so that it matches with the open-gate model I have. No animations need to be changed I reckon. The Gate with messed pathing is your edit.

I really appreciate you taking your time to help me with this. My map has been on only one gate for the longest time. ;)

Last edited:
Level 12
The withdoctor's walk animation. Sorry if I make to much in a request.

nah, you just haven't been really specific

This should work View attachment Arakkoa.zip

Can you do this? Model Edit

Sorry for the wait. I can try to add flying animation, but no attack animations while flying

Sorry if you misunderstood me. Just need a 90 degree rotation so that it matches with the open-gate model I have. No animations need to be changed I reckon. The Gate with messed pathing is your edit.

I really appreciate you taking your time to help me with this. My map has been on only one gate for the longest time. ;)

just rotate 90 degrees right? This should work View attachment IronGate.mdx

no prob :)

Could request something ?

request away :)

Here we go
View attachment HQ Militia.mdx and View attachment BurrowedTower.mdx

i await your feedback :)

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello,
I would like to request three things:

SourceWhat I would like to have changed

Arch-Acolyte
As you can easily see the robe looks very odd, could you edit the robe, please, and make it look more natural, like the Lich ?

DemonWitch
Could you reduce the size of the wings to around 50% to 75%, please ?

Witch
As you can see, the hands look very ugly, could you improve them, please ? I could imagine that re-scaled banshee hands could look good.

I would be very glad if you could help me with this.

Level 12
Hello,
I would like to request three things:

SourceWhat I would like to have changed

Arch-Acolyte
As you can easily see the robe looks very odd, could you edit the robe, please, and make it look more natural, like the Lich ?

DemonWitch
Could you reduce the size of the wings to around 50% to 75%, please ?

Witch
As you can see, the hands look very ugly, could you improve them, please ? I could imagine that re-scaled banshee hands could look good.

I would be very glad if you could help me with this.

I'm not really sure i can edit these models without the author's approval, for "MC !" I may be able to edit his because of inactivity (not sure) i don't know about the others

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I'm not really sure i can edit these models without the author's approval, for "MC !" I may be able to edit his because of inactivity (not sure) i don't know about the others

I was worried about it, too. It is a shame as the creators were online in the last few month once and I doubt they will answer due to a new inactivity.

I would be glad if you could help me with the MC! one.

Level 12
The draenei seer model ingame just add hero glow and also glow in his hands and replace the decay with dissipate.

It's not perfect, hope it will do View attachment DranaiSeer.mdx

Not even 1? Coz it's needed.

nope, i can't really "add" an animation, i just transfer animations from other units. So if you can find a suitable animation that already exists just let me know :)

I would be glad if you could help me with the MC! one.

I changed the custom texture's texture path to "DemonWitch.blp"
View attachment DemonWitch.mdx

@Eagle XI I'll look into it

Level 12
Hey there guys, as much as I want to be able to help you all, i am having a hard time taking all the requests :L

So here is what's gonna happen

I'm gonna limit the number of requests that i'll be accepting by 3, where you can find at the #1 Post. After I finish a request, a slot will be open for the next request after i have uploaded the model

Any requests while the slots are full will be ignored

How about the flying destroyer model? its flying and has an attack animaton.

I'm afraid it's not going to fit, you see the exact animation of the model is going to be used, so if i transfer it, your model will look like a sphinx

How about the hippogryph model? or the angels uploaded in hiveworkshop

it's not going to fit. That may be able to work, but i'll need the author's permission to use his/her animation

Level 12
I'm currently working on #1 and #3 slots at the same time though I may have trouble on Eagle XI's requests

1. I really hate floating models, their cape/cloth/whatever is difficult to animate, therefore is i will continue this, the cloth will not have the "floating" effect

2. Can you further explain this? "Completely remove the still appearing circling ghosts. If this cannot be done for some reason make them look like tiny firefly (simple tiny yellow glowing dots. could use wisp for that i suppose)"

3-6. No Texture related stuff

P.S Man you really ask for much, it prevents others for being able to request therefore I'm only gonna do 2. and I think i'm gonna apply that to all of the requests, anyway, I'm close to done with the goldmine so I'm going to do that, so pick another one for me to do

please read the first post, "Things we do not do"