• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

SharpCraft WEX Bundle v0.1.3.1
World Editor Extended is the successor to the Jass NewGen Pack. It is updated to work with the newest editor and includes the main features that JNGP had.

To use this, simply use the SharpCraft.Launcher and launch the "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)" profile or use the included "World Editor Extended.exe" to launch it directly.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. There are still several features missing. Features will be added in as time allows it and as they are requested. Some features might never return because the original developers are gone.

SharpCraft can be discussed in the hosted project subforum.

Semi-Complete Feature List
  • JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely. No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
  • Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight (TESH), a code syntax highlighter for the Trigger Editor, that makes coding in JASS/vJASS a breeze.
  • Grimoire Extensions (Grimex), a library of tools that extend the functionality of vJASS giving it the ability to create new objects(units, items, etc.) and more.
  • Increased/Removed various limits, like the number of doodads, destructables and more.
  • Object Id dialog, that allows you to manually set the object id when creating a new object. Want to make a hero peasent? Just copy the peasent, and when the dialog asks, just change the first letter to upper case, and he's ready.

Changelog
Code:
v0.1.3.1
* Updated to WE 1.29.0
* Updated TESH function database to have new natives ( thanks to @Abovegame )
* Fixed crash with ObjectDataExtractor when it couldn't locate Java, instead it will simply disable itself silently.
* Attempted to shorten paths, to avoid crash due to long path names.

v0.1.3.0
* Updated to WE 1.29.0 PTR - This is very experimental and have been done hastily. It should work with vJass/Wurst and TESH. Other features have been removed since they're now included in the vanilla editor.

v0.1.2.9
* Updated to WE 1.28.5

v0.1.2.8
* Updated TESH, to fix a rare bug where it would crash the editor.
* Added WurstScript experimentally, use at your own risk. WEX will not keep the same update cycle as WurstScript, so you will have to update it manually if you encounter bugs.

v0.1.2.7
* Added fix for the File Importer.

v0.1.2.6
* Updated to WE 1.28.4
* Fixed up SharpCraft to work with new editor executable name.
* Fixed up WEX to work with new editor executable name.

v0.1.2.5
* Improved extended settings with -window and -opengl options.
* Included the option to launch with a special WEX profile. This does nothing yet, but will in the future.

v0.1.2.4
* Fixed window names for TESH so it works on all languages automatically.
* Added more no-limits features, like steep cliffs and a wider range of terrain heights.

v0.1.2.3
* Updated to WE 1.28.2
* Added support for -loadfile and other parameters directly.
* Replaced TESH with TESH 2.0
* Fixed various issues across versions, should work perfectly for all supported versions now.

v0.1.1.2
* Fixed issues with enabling disabled triggers with vJASS code or missing init function.
* Added menu entries for JassHelper.

v0.1.1.1
* Updated with support for WE 1.26 and 1.27b. !!THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL!!
* Fixed a mistake introduced last update that might've made things unstable.

v0.1.1.0
* Added fix for Test Map. You can now get back to mapping!
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (allow local files)

v0.1.0.2
* Updated to WE 1.28.1 (still works for 1.27b, 1.28)
* Fixed Extended Editor Settings for Increased Map Dimensions, so 480x480 maps are back on the menu!

v0.1.0.1
* Updated to WE 1.28 (still works for 1.27b)
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (increased map dimensions)
* Fixed up Grimex(ObjectMerger, etc.)
* Improved menus a bit and removed some unused stuff.
* Removed various stuff like all the default profiles and some stuff that shouldn't have been included.

v0.1.0.0
* Initial release.
* * JassHelper
* * Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight
* * Extended Editor Settings (nolimits, custom object id, etc.)

Known Issues
Version Status
  • 1.28.5 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.4 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.3 - Skipped!
  • 1.28.2 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.26.0 - Tested and fully supported.
Test Instructions (for those interested in helping)
  1. Start the Editor
  2. Create a new 480x480 map
  3. Test the map to make sure test map works
  4. Open the Trigger Editor, make sure TESH is present, and add the following custom script somewhere
    1. Script to add: //! external ObjectMerger
    2. Save the map and make sure it comes up with an error about ObjectMerger arguments
  5. Open the Object Editor and create an object, making sure the object id dialog pops up.
The SharpCraft WEX Bundle should not be redistributed! The Hive Workshop is the only official source for the SharpCraft WEX Bundle!
Contents

SharpCraft WEX Bundle (0.1.3.1) (Binary)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
Approved. One of the best and most essential tools a Warcraft 3 modder can have. 5/5!
Level 7
I'm developing a new map inside JNGP, my codes are currently in progress. If I transfer my map to that, What will happen? Does some codes or system will be disabled? Or it will remain the same as original.
You loose any configuration related to JNGP, but everything that the map need to work the way it should be will still be there.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
How will SharpCraft react if I open a map with a size that exceeds the default map dimension and then try to save it? Will it return any errors or just save itself properly as long as I don't modify map dimension?
I don't know for sure. You should definitely make a backup of your map before moving to WEX. I have fixed the map dimension limit again, and will be releasing an update later.
I'm developing a new map inside JNGP, my codes are currently in progress. If I transfer my map to that, What will happen? Does some codes or system will be disabled? Or it will remain the same as original.
As Hotwer says, the primary thing you'll lose is things external to the map. Anything inside the map, scripts, models, etc, is kept along. But I still suggest making a backup before trying.

Level 3
@CHA_Owner The path of that file is too long for windows. Try extracting in a not so deeply nested folder.

WEX doesn't really want to work for me. I can start World Editor Extended.exe only if I use the windows cmd to start it. Doubleclicking the file does nothing. Also JassHelper doesn't work. I always get the message from vanilla WE that my triggers need an initialization function InitSomethingsomething and the script verifier finds errors (expected end of line) on the TESH markers like //TESH.alwaysfold=0.

I'm on version 1.28.1 but I had the same issues on previous versions of warcraft.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
@CHA_Owner The path of that file is too long for windows. Try extracting in a not so deeply nested folder.

WEX doesn't really want to work for me. I can start World Editor Extended.exe only if I use the windows cmd to start it. Doubleclicking the file does nothing. Also JassHelper doesn't work. I always get the message from vanilla WE that my triggers need an initialization function InitSomethingsomething and the script verifier finds errors (expected end of line) on the TESH markers like //TESH.alwaysfold=0.

I'm on version 1.28.1 but I had the same issues on previous versions of warcraft.
Get the latest version of WEX, it works with 1.28.1. Also, if it continues to be a problem, pastebin the latest log and post the link.

Level 3
I did download it today.
Log is here 2017-04-28 12:41:54.601 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.0][Information] Lo - Pastebin.com

Edit: Ok, something is totally fucked up. If I extract SharpCraft.zip with windows explorer I can't start it normally, if I extract the zipfile with 7zip everythin works.

And now JassHelper also works, but only when I verify or save a map. If I have a disabled trigger and want to enable it I still get the "Needs an InitTrigg_Something" function and the trigger stays disabled.

Last edited:

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
I did download it today.
Log is here 2017-04-28 12:41:54.601 +02:00 [SharpCraft.CLILauncher][0.1.0.0][Information] Lo - Pastebin.com

Edit: Ok, something is totally fucked up. If I extract SharpCraft.zip with windows explorer I can't start it normally, if I extract the zipfile with 7zip everythin works.

And now JassHelper also works, but only when I verify or save a map. If I have a disabled trigger and want to enable it I still get the "Needs an InitTrigg_Something" function and the trigger stays disabled.
I **just** updated it when I wrote. In the log, I see you testing with 1.28.1.7365 (3b54e1c3) but the address manager doesn't have for that version, so you need to redownload. Also, make sure you don't have Worldedit already running.

Level 4
just a tiny one:
in the changelog above you wrote "v0.1.0.1" instead of v0.1.0.2

big thanks! already using Sharpcraft, now another powerful tool, even strong enough to completely replace JNGP! awesome! i definitely prefer your tool towards JNGP since i seriously trust your work and Sharpcraft already was a blessing!
will test it soon, haven't had much time recently...

Last edited:
Want to narrow it down a bit?

v0.1.0.2
* Updated to WE 1.28.1 (still works for 1.27b, 1.28)
* Fixed Extended Editor Settings for Increased Map Dimensions, so 480x480 maps are back on the menu!

is 480x480 the Hardcoded limit? Couldn't you just increase it further? Like 1024x1024 or 2048x2048?

I'm looking at the World Editor right now and the maximum map size is 256x256. I'm pretty sure the 480x480 was introduced by JNGP like I mentioned.

He meant are the maximum possible dimensions allowed by the game engine 480x480.

I've read posts in the pasts that stated game can't handle anything bigger for various reasons like pathing, but the recent tests basically prove the limit.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
did you ever get a chance to see why my testmap button is saying "cannot load map data" ive still got the pastebin for the logs if you need them
Yes, can you try the latest version? I had made a mistake and it should be fixed.
@MindWorX Is it possible to add Linux compatibility? There are other Editor Extensions which have Linux support.
How would it work? As far as I know, WE doesn't work on Linux? Or do you mean with Wine?

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Like what? Im on windows 10 and have wex on my desktop does it need to be in wc3 folder?

EDIT*

I also always run as an administrator
I mean your actual Warcraft III installation. SharpCraft should just be in your downloads folder or wherever you want it.
Sadly, the way SharpCraft works, it is launching a new process which might not inherit the elevated privileges. I'm trying to see if that's possible to fix.

Does this have UMSWE-like support for customizing tile pathability?
Not yet, but I'll see if I can get it included as soon as possible. At the moment I'm focusing on getting it working. The new patches are a bit of a challenge to work with.

I'm on v1.28.1 of Warcraft 3. Every time I try to test any map (including the ones in the Map folder inside of the install directory) I get an error message saying "Cannot open map data," which then sends me to the main menu of wc3. If I try this with the vanilla editor, I simply get a black screen. This sounds like a Blizzard issue, but I thought I'd post this here just in case.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Does this have keyboard events and mouse click events?
No, this is just for the Warcraft III editor.

Is this 64-bit???
It shouldn't be. Do you have .NET 4.5 installed?

I'm on v1.28.1 of Warcraft 3. Every time I try to test any map (including the ones in the Map folder inside of the install directory) I get an error message saying "Cannot open map data," which then sends me to the main menu of wc3. If I try this with the vanilla editor, I simply get a black screen. This sounds like a Blizzard issue, but I thought I'd post this here just in case.
This is a known problem. Only some people are experiencing it. I've been unable to figure out the cause, but it seems related to permissions. Can you tell me where you have WC3 installed, where SharpCraft is placed and which version of Windows you're using?

I am talking about Wine compatibility, yes.
This would need to be a collaborative effort, since I'm far from a Linux user. Right now SharpCraft has some dependencies on WPF from Microsoft which I think doesn't work with Wine. If there is a real interest, I might be able to swap out the WPF parts with WinForms.

My warcraft 3 is installed on a hard drive seperate from my C drive (E:\Games\Warcraft III if you need specifics) and Sharpcraft is in a folder inside the root warcraft 3 (E:\Games\Warcraft III\Sharpcraft). I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. I ran everything in Admin mode.

Btw, I've already rolled back my installation of Warcraft 3 to 1.27b (1.28.1 was just not behaving and Sharpcraft is the only vJASS-enabled editor out there) and I'm back to using JNGP, so idk how useful I'm gonna be for future testing. Sharpcraft was doing some weird things like preventing me from enabling triggers and ofcourse being unable to test maps effectively.

I'll definitely move back to it once a more stable version is out, however.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
My warcraft 3 is installed on a hard drive seperate from my C drive (E:\Games\Warcraft III if you need specifics) and Sharpcraft is in a folder inside the root warcraft 3 (E:\Games\Warcraft III\Sharpcraft). I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. I ran everything in Admin mode.

Btw, I've already rolled back my installation of Warcraft 3 to 1.27b (1.28.1 was just not behaving and Sharpcraft is the only vJASS-enabled editor out there) and I'm back to using JNGP, so idk how useful I'm gonna be for future testing. Sharpcraft was doing some weird things like preventing me from enabling triggers and ofcourse being unable to test maps effectively.

I'll definitely move back to it once a more stable version is out, however.
Thanks, it was still a big help. The theory so far have been that it was only affecting installations inside the Program Files(x86) folder.
Are you able to share the map where you couldn't enable the trigger again? This is the second time I've heard this reported, and I might be missing something from JNGP. Obviously just send me the map in a PM if you can.
No need to send a map, I found a way to reproduce it. Thanks for reporting it.

Ohh I though it will have this function [code=jass] - RtC Keycodes
That's from a very different project and involves injecting Warcraft III itself. This is only for the World Editor.

Last edited:
Level 8
This won't load up for me. I downloaded it and clicked on the World Editor Extended icons and nothing happens. I threw all the files in ShapeCraft folder in my WC3 folder, do I need to do anything else installation wise?

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
This won't load up for me. I downloaded it and clicked on the World Editor Extended icons and nothing happens. I threw all the files in ShapeCraft folder in my WC3 folder, do I need to do anything else installation wise?
You can try and run SharpCraft.TroubleShooter.exe and see if it works afterwards. You shouldn't add the SharpCraft files to the WC3 folder, that'll likely just break things. SharpCraft runs from wherever it is. If you're still having issues, try and send me the latest logs from the logs folder.
I have no idea how to get this to run TESH and Jasshelper. Installed it just fine and the SharpCraft editor tabs appear, but Grimoire and jasshelper seem to be completely missing.
The screenshot is outdated and those menus aren't there. All features work just fine though.