• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Sclammerz's Campaign: Legacy of Gilneas

Rate this campaign project.

• [color=green]Great[/color]

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • [color=yellow]Good[/color]

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • [color=red]Bad[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Currently, I am playing Chapter One now. It seems, Akama is stuck.

243712-albums8042-picture96348.jpg

Level 23
The same happened to me! (And the only bug that I've found) Also, I liked the new beginning, I'm just not sure about the music theme, it's a thalassin speech, and constantly remember us (at least me lol) Sylvanas and the Forsaken, not the Night Elves, nor Blood Elves.

I really enjoyed the first chapter, But I would advice place some fog, or make the environment darker, somewhat like Tomoraider do in his dungeons' maps. Do need to be that dark, just dark. Another tip, you could improve the cameras, it's good, but you use just rotate, and some of it pass through the "mountains/cliffs".

Since I don't have so much time, I will do a little review of the maps. Good luck!

Level 23
The same happened to me! (And the only bug that I've found) Also, I liked the new beginning, I'm just not sure about the music theme, it's a thalassin speech, and constantly remember us (at least me lol) Sylvanas and the Forsaken, not the Night Elves, nor Blood Elves.

I really enjoyed the first chapter, But I would advice place some fog, or make the environment darker, somewhat like Tomoraider do in his dungeons' maps. Do need to be that dark, just dark. Another tip, you could improve the cameras, it's good, but you use just rotate, and some of it pass through the "mountains/cliffs".

Since I don't have so much time, I will do a little review of the maps. Good luck!

I already fixed the Akama bug. Well, I know the music is not really meant for her but the music feels like it's very sad and it fits well with the scene so I use it and it somewhat nice. I will take notes of those suggestions of yours. I'll update it later. Thanks! :D

Level 10
Played the first mission here are some thoughts:
-In the prologue you can hear death screams at the very beginning
-english in prologue is not very good
-at the end when I killed all orcs except for Karama'gor, he went invisible and I had to wait for him to appear, then he appeared, struck me once and went invisible again. It was kinda boring waiting for him to attack like three times.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I agree with Forsaken, you should work a bit more on those cameras.

Level 23
Played the first mission here are some thoughts:
-In the prologue you can hear death screams at the very beginning
-english in prologue is not very good
-at the end when I killed all orcs except for Karama'gor, he went invisible and I had to wait for him to appear, then he appeared, struck me once and went invisible again. It was kinda boring waiting for him to attack like three times.

- I though it will be not be notice but I was wrong.
- I know. I will try to improve it.
- Well, it's fun to find him well atleast for me. Haha

@Imperator: I will.

Level 10
One thing I have to point out, goldmines in every map are always full of gold (like 70k) which kinda defeats one of most important points of the game, which is expanding. Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Level 3
So here is what I think of your great campaigne so far:

Intro: Great idea! I'm really happy you made this because that's exactly what I wanted. The only problem is (and it's big one) how you form your sentinces. It's really bad and you should ask someone for help.
Mission 1: I don't like the changes. You know Akama is stuck in his place. I don't know why did you disable Blink spell since it is key for making trough this mission. It was better to use blink to free night elves while your forces are fighting. First Blademaster is impossible to pass. I was forced to use cheat because I didn't know how to break him. You must fix this level.
Mission 2: Improved. Everything is fine. Both challenging and stisfying. Simply love it. However, make so that Dreanai make scout report, because it makes no sense that archer that just escaped from prison after few years knows where are orchish bases. And don't listen to that thing that you should lower gold in goldmine. It's bad idea because you have no place to build your 2nd base (enemy bases are too far and by the time you destroy first orcish base, you won't need 2nd goldmine. Also it's one of those missions that you must take your time)
Interlude 1: Like Intro, amaizing cinematic but your sentinces and grammers are not.
Mission 3: Something is harder. All forces are balanced which is kind of difficult. Don't get me wrong, this level is amaizing. It is good, it dosen't have anything wrong, but something feels different. Love it. Don't change it.
Inrelude 2: Not much to say. It's good one and needs no chages.
Mission 4: I love it. Great level. Very good made. Just when I was about to say: "Time to die Blood Elves.", Huge firelord came and made big chaos in that skirmish. Love that part.
Mission 5: I haven't played it yet, but is it me or "Wet Chambers" sound a little dirty :ogre_hurrhurr:.
I will finish rest of it as soon as I can.

It is huge improvement. I have fun and I'm sure you will make your camapigne great when you finish it. I don't know if you got idea after I recommanded for it or you made it before, but Intro is amaizing. However as I said earlier watch your grammer. I probably sound rude, but trust me that is not what I want. You should check out your dialogues again.
I would really love it, if you would during defence of Shattarah city, that you have to hold the line until special ally arrive. That special ally would be Sons of Lothar. Like that you could introduce Khadgar for future camapignes like WoD. Probably won't happen but I would still love to see that. :)

Ps. For intro music, try using llidian theme (tFT, not BC).

Last edited:
Level 23
One think I have to point out, goldmines in every map are always full of gold (like 70k) which kinda defeats one of most important points of the game, which is expanding. Just food for thought.
I did less it a bit. For chapter 2 there where no expansion place so thats why I did make a side quest to destroy the 2 orc bases for the reason to lessen the attack and be able to expand your base.

Intro: Great idea! I'm really happy you made this because that's exactly what I wanted. The only problem is (and it's big one) how you form your sentinces. It's really bad and you should ask someone for help.
I will.
Mission 1: I don't like the changes. You know Akama is stuck in his place. I don't know why did you disable Blink spell since it is key for making trough this mission. It was better to use blink to free night elves while your forces are fighting. First Blademaster is impossible to pass. I was forced to use cheat because I didn't know how to break him. You must fix this level.
I disable blink spell due to, you can mess something like you can blink through a close gate. The Blademaster is not impossible to pass, I use all your heroes skills for that.
Mission 2: Improved. Everything is fine. Both challenging and stisfying. Simply love it. However, make so that Dreanai make scout report, because it makes no sense that archer that just escaped from prison after few years knows where are orchish bases. And don't listen to that thing that you should lower gold in goldmine. It's bad idea because you have no place to build your 2nd base (enemy bases are too far and by the time you destroy first orcish base, you won't need 2nd goldmine. Also it's one of those missions that you must take your time)
I'll consider it.
Interlude 1: Like Intro, amaizing cinematic but your sentinces and grammers are not.
Thanks. I will.

Ps. For intro music, try using llidian theme (tFT, not BC).
What do you mean? Anyway thanks for your review. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 3
I finished the rest!

Mission 5: First of all, I'm not sure if it's my dearty immagination, but the name of level is a little... well, let's just say I see what you did there :ogre_hurrhurr:. Back to the point, level was really fun. Wasn't very challenging for me, but it was really fun to assault 3 linked bases. I enjoyed it. However, end cinematic is wierd. Dialogues went REALLY fast, I didn't understood what was going on. Also some optional quest poped out and compleated itself. I think it was called "Servants of Naga" something like that, I'm not sure. You better check that out...

Interlude 3: Love it. That reference with Rise of the Blood Elves is great.

When I was talking about music that would fit better then Lament of the Highborne, I was talking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YJzS3jkjQ and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOFke6FJtMM.

Just keep up the good work. :thumbs_up:

PS. In Chapter 3 when you have to fight your way trough Orcs to get zeppelins, please move creeps so they are not the middle of road, so much failed assaults happened thanks to them. So...many...fails...

Last edited:
Level 27
Ok, I played the teaser yesterday funny and not that big bugs, the only with Akama stuck in the dungeon was pointed before.

Something that i note in the missions with bases is the lack of disable spells in Maiev army. At least one spell that can remove enemy units for a little unit could help in those maps.

Other thing is the hero orcs leveling, in my run the blademasters went to level 9 and without a stun spell those guys were a big waste of time to kill.

Level 3
Ok, I played the teaser yesterday funny and not that big bugs, the only with Akama stuck in the dungeon was pointed before.

Something that i note in the missions with bases is the lack of disable spells in Maiev army. At least one spell that can remove enemy units for a little unit could help in those maps.

Other thing is the hero orcs leveling, in my run the blademasters went to level 9 and without a stun spell those guys were a big waste of time to kill.

I think there is no need for disable spell since there are dryads that do the work fine. As for Orcs, keep shadow fang on them as much as possible and use priestess defansive spell (spirit link and AoE protection spell).

Level 3
Nice campaign! Gonna try it out. I didn't open my account for a long time so... I'll just try this.Review will come sooner or later.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Neat. I'll try it out today if I can.

Level 2
What an awesome campaign here, I didn't even know about it ..(yes you can blame me ;p) Congrats Sclammerz :)

Level 23
Hey, sorry for no news for these past few weeks, I have been busy with other things. So, it is all done, now I' back on track. It's been awhile since I last post some screenshots so here are some terrain screenshots. :3 It's about 60% of the terrain is done. Also I am updating the tech-tree right now and I have added and replaced a unit that seems OP to me. So, I might reveal it later..lateer. :D
So, Cheers!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 06WIP02.png
    06WIP02.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 501
  • 06WIP01.png
    06WIP01.png
    956.7 KB · Views: 468
Level 11
About OP units, that Draenei unit with Healing Wave seens a bit OP, you might change it a little bit. (It's not because of this ability, I just said it because I forgot the unit's name)
Screenshots looks nice btw, but don't really looks like any region of Outland that I know of. Maybe some doodads will fix it, if this even is Outland...

Level 4
*Cheers*
About OP units, that Draenei unit with Healing Wave seens a bit OP, you might change it a little bit. (It's not because of this ability, I just said it because I forgot the unit's name)
Hmm, I don't see why the Draenei Anchorite is OP. The Healing Wave is useful, and other abilities.
Draenei? You mean the Anchorite? I don't see them OP and besides the new units will be from the Night Elves.
Yes, the Night Elves.

Level 20
*Cheers*

Hmm, I don't see why the Draenei Anchorite is OP. The Healing Wave is useful, and other abilities.

They are in some extend...If you combine them with the new nightelven spellcaster there is nothing that can kill your army...Plus they heal up to 5 people for 210 hp thats a high amout of heal for a normal spellcaster,the healing spell is equal to the rank 3 of Shadow Shaman first spell...On top of that,it is the first spell of this unites that means that it needs no upgrades to have acces in it.

Aura regenerates 1 mana it might not look like mutch but that source of mana regen will ensure that your spellcaster unites won't run out of mana that fast.

So i sugest a "slight" nerf of their kit.

Level 23
Just gonna post some screenshots of Chapter Five. I working on it lately and added some thingss. I am also currently working on Chapter Six's terrain and Fixing/adding/replacing/improving some minor stuffs all over the campaign maps.
So, Cheers! :D

339lsf7.jpg
2yvvxwo.jpg
2mmv6h0.jpg

Edit: And I just noticed that I forgot to destroy the Timer Window on the last screenshot. I'll fix it lateer.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Great progress, man. Only few chapters more to go, can't wait to play it :)

Level 23
this is amazin but there are too many grammar mistakes :( also, in the first chapter, Akama can't move, he's blocked

Thank you, it will be resolve and about that it is already fixed. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

Edit: Changed the chapter name of Chapter Four; Part Two from "The Wet Chambers" to "The Serpent's Chamber". I decided to change it for many said it sounds "kinky".

Edit: Just finished the terrain of Chapter Six. :) I'll start the triggering tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.