• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Sclammerz's Campaign: Legacy of Gilneas

Rate this campaign project.

• [color=green]Great[/color]

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • [color=yellow]Good[/color]

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • [color=red]Bad[/color]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Something must have went dreadfully wrong on Maiev's childhood.Maybe someone somewhere ruined her childhood.That explains why evrywhere she gose there are collapseing things Its a reflection of her ruined childhood.Totaly not thinking on a pervert way...

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Hue, hue.

Anyway I played through it with some cheats xD

Sorry for being rather harsh with my review. But unless I bring it up, nothing will change.. so once again, sorry in advance and take it with a grain of salt.

Map Name: Shadows of Hatred
Version: 0.5?
Author: Sclammerz

Terrain[r]
Simple but gets the job done. Warcraft 3-ish terrain is boring to look like unless it's done propperly, a good example of wc3-ish terrain is the campaigns by med.mapguy.
3/5

Gameplay[r]
Nothing special, normal warcraft like gameplay. Can't say it's my cup of tea.

Lack of unique features. With that I mean that all the missions doesn't need to be warcraft like, and even if you really want them to be like that, you can still make them unique. A good example would be the culling of Stratholme where you destroy houses and kill the zombies inside while competeing with a Drealord.
3/5

Story[r]
I'd say this is the best part of every campaign, however 2 things ruined the experience for me.

1. Semi-bad grammar at multiple places. Let someone edit those lines of yours before you upload it, I promise it will affect the overall impression.
2a. Lack of character design, I don't feel like the character behaves like the should. Miev and Kael or well done but the others feel wrong.
2b. A few plot issues (mentioned later on in this review)

I really wish to give this section a 5 but due reasons I have to give it 3 until improved. Let me tell you this, the story has good potential.
3.5/5

Uniqueness[r]
Rather unique alternate storyline, but due the warcraft like gameplay it fails to be unique since both characters and story already exists. The simple gameplay on top of that gives it average score.
3/5

Overall[r]
This is something I'd play for the story only since as said before, copy-paste warcraft 3 gameplay is not my cup of tea. I play almost only for the story.

I can see some potentioal in the story part but otherwise you need to step it up in order to make it a 4/5 or even 5/5
3/5

Bugs[r]
-During chapter 1 you can blink past certain gates and therefore spoil gameplay. For example beyond one gate there were fel orcs that was invulnerable until the gate (that I blinked past) was destroyed. You could disable blink during that mission.

** Plot Buster **

-Since Akama is the one guarding Miev's cell for Illidan, it's clear that Illidan is the one who put her in that cell when Miev failed to kill him. However, why did Illidan spare Miev's life? They were sworn enemies, Illidan tried to send his troops in her way multiple times during the main storyline in TFT.

-A grunt shouts "The Betrayer is here! stop him!" during chapter 2, I get that he's talking about Akama, but even so I highly doubt it's a good choice to use Illidan's title on someone else. It only bring confusion. (I doubt that the orcs would even use that title given that reason anyway)

-One major plot issue is the meeting at the Black Temple where the text during the loading screen says that they'll be talking about Illidan's plan to take over Outland/Draenor. However once Illidan claimed the Black Temple during the TFT campaign he alreayd had control over Outland.

Reviewed by[r]
19bd05.gif

Chaosy

Last edited:
Level 23
It's OK. It's the best thing to be honest. Anyway thanks, I'm gonna improve you tell me that needs to be improve. Anyway it still Alpha. I did add some few updates but I didn't update the downloaded one. Thanks again, I'm gonna put a lot more effort to it.

Edit: also in the meeting at the black temple. I know he already controlled outland but still they were some races who opposed him like the draenei and he want to clear them, cause they were troublesome.

Level 3
Hey, your campaign looks fun! I'm going to try it when I finish my finals. I just want to ask you few things:
1. Do you, Tomorider and Forsaken are working all together? Somehow I got that feeling that you 3 are planing one big project of adaptation of World of Warcraft in Warcraft 3. If yes keep up the good work. If not well you shoud consider that :)
2. When is the story actually happening? Is it before/during/after the liberation of Silvermoon, during Blood elf civil war or after the events of Sunwell?
3. I saw that you introduced Night elves with slightly diffetent units(replacing druids with Wardens), but have you introduced the Drenai/Broken as playable race?

Level 23
Hey, your campaign looks fun! I'm going to try it when I finish my finals. I just want to ask you few things:
1. Do you, Tomorider and Forsaken are working all together? Somehow I got that feeling that you 3 are planing one big project of adaptation of World of Warcraft in Warcraft 3. If yes keep up the good work. If not well you shoud consider that :)
2. When is the story actually happening? Is it before/during/after the liberation of Silvermoon, during Blood elf civil war or after the events of Sunwell?
3. I saw that you introduced Night elves with slightly diffetent units(replacing druids with Wardens), but have you introduced the Drenai/Broken as playable race?

1. No, we aren't.
2. Hmm. Before the events at the sunwell.
3. They will be playable later on.

Also I did do what Chaosy mentioned. I did realize my mistakes though, and for the unskippable cine, I will fix it. Thanks BTW!

Last edited:
Level 2
So I just finished testing the alpha, and I thought it was good for the moment but I have a few suggestions :

Chapter 1 : At the end, after you kill the enemy hero, he drops an item. However, because the winning condition for the level was to kill him, you only have a split second to grab the item before the game's over. Maybe you should make it so more time passes before the level ends, or maybe change it so that the orc's death opens a gate that the player has to cross to win so he still has time to grab the item.

Chapter 2 : Maybe it's just because I suck (entirely possible mind you) but I found this level much harder than the previous one. In particular, the red blademaster was wrecking my units and heroes because he was already level 8 (and he could level up to 10!) when my heroes were all low level and I couldn't build higher level NE units than dryads. Maybe you should make him weaker, and block him from getting stronger? Or maybe I'm just terrible so disregard this lol

Also, when you kill the blademaster, he says something like "You may kill me but you'll never beat lord Illidan", implying that he's dead for real but then he can be resurrected like any normal hero and, at then end of the level, he has a similar talk with Akama and Maiev before they actually kill him. I think you should remove the first dialogue and only keep the one at the end.

Finally, the light blue base has an altar but no hero. If the player destroys the altar, lb will try to build another one but still no hero with it.

Interlude 1: One thing I thought was weird is when the grunt brings news to Illidan & friends, he first says that Maiev escaped and only after Illidan asks how it's possible the grunt revealed that Akama betrayed him. I think one of Illidan's generals openly rebelling against him and killing his loyal soldiers would be much more important than a prison break.
So I think you should change it to something like this :

* Grunt : "Lord Illidan, I bring bad news!"
* Illidan : "What is it?"
* Grunt : "Akama and his Ashtongue tribe have betrayed us!
* Illidan : "What are you talking about? Akama wouldn't dare strike against me!"
* Grunt : "He's freed Maiev and the other prisoners and with their help, they've attacked our clans and killed (red BM from previous level)! Now they've allied against you!"

I think it would make more sense that way.

Chapter 3: I don't have much to complain about this one, it was pretty good! Not too easy and not too difficult, it was fun! Although just like in chapter 2, one of the orcs base (yellow, the one near goblin laboratory where you can buy zeps) has an altar but no hero.

Interlude 2: Very minor point, but the last time we saw Vashj in Int1 she was purple, now she is green. Unless there is a teamcolor conflict (and there shouldn't be in an interlude) you should try to be consistent with team color.

Otherwise this is pretty good, so keep up the good work! :thumbs_up:

Level 23
Played the second chapter, terrain is meh, but okay, the main problem is the relentless waves of orcs (including quickly respawning heroes), which don't stop even for a second, it's worse than playing AoS where you are the one who spawn creeps for a fee.

lol. I know, it's a bit hard. I did try to make the AI easier in that level.

@veher18: Thanks for you feedback.

Edit:
Chapter One: I know it and you should rush picking it up. HAHA!
Chapter Two: I usually use my priestess spirit link and Seer's healing wave to support my melee units against the ravaging bladestorm.
Chapter Three:I did add a new hero, the reason why I did not place hero for them because I though it will be very hard to defend your base.
Interlude02: I did change Vashj color in Interlude01.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey I just finished your Demo

Campaign itself is really amazing. it has that Blizzard feel. Dialogue was well made with the little exception in interlude where Illidan finds out about Akama's rebellion and Warden's escape (it was mentioned earlier). It needs great focus, as enemy is actually stronger than you(chaos damage) which is always a great thing. Those 2 warden units are great and really fits an Sentinels army. As for heroes, I really like that you kept Maiev's spells and please do not change that.
However there are few minior things that you must fix. In chapter 1, whole cave is already discovered. It's not a big deal, but you should better fix it to be like other maps (undiscovered). In chapter 2 fix lower the amount of attacks. Seriously orcs with chaos damage attack you wave after wave from 3 bases. It's not impossible, but it's harder then it should be. Also you should make a little bigger space to manuvre. Also make sure to add thing that enemy hero dosen't level with you all the way to level 10. Heroes like Blademaster were a little OP because of that.
As I said it's really amazing work. Hope you will finish it and correct those few/improve your maps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.