• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for Gilneas, looking for team members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, first of all, the concept for the map.
The idea is to bring a WC3 incarnation of the Worgen starter quests from World of Warcraft in an AoS style map. There are a number of ways I plan on trying to bring originality into effect:

• Implementing "phases of attack" for the Gilneas team.
  • Getting rid of the rather mainstream "lane" attack method.
  • Having each captured base producing a different unit.
  • Later reinforcements.
  • NPC heros.

Phases of Attack.
At the start of the quests, Gilneas is under attack by Feral Worgen. This will be the defensive phase of attack. This is because Gilneas will own all but the Greymane Wall and North Headlands control points, allowing the Forsaken to gain other control points. This will also be Gilneas' weakest phase, since the stronger units will be in Gilneas City.

The second phase takes place after approximately five minutes, obviously open for discussion. Gilneas will then mobilize it's units to retake it's control points. However, it will still be weaker than the Forsaken.

The final phase will be when Gilneans become afflicted with the Worgen Curse, allowing much stronger Worgen units to be used against the Forsaken. Balancing takes place when reinforcements arrived, explained later.

Replacing the standard lane method.
Another point is to replace the, in my opinion, dull lane method of attack. This is where units go along fixed lanes. While I plan on using the lane method still, I thought of what might improve it. In a real war, certain points of a region will be more advantageous to hold (One with less lanes) while some will be more difficult to hold (One with more lanes).

In short, in standard AoS maps have a very standard lane method where the two bases are equal. For Battle of Gilneas I plan on using every possible location as a capturable, not destroyable, base. Duskhaven, for example, would have only one lane due to it's strategic positioning. To counter simply camping there, a player can hire siege units (Elven Glaive Throwers from Keel Harbor for Gilneas or Blight Catapults from North Headlands for the Forsaken) to bombard it from the cliffs.

Bases and Unit Production.
This is where I believe the map will stand out from standard AoS maps. Each base will produce a different unit instead of every unit. For example, Keel Harbor can produce the majority of Night Elf units, or the majority of Orc units. Here are the combos I, and others, have thought of so far:

• Keel Harbor: Elven Glaive Throwers and other Nelf units/Orc Demolishers and other Orc units.
  • Duskhaven: Gilnean Militia/Abominations.
  • Cathedral Quarter: Priests/Warlocks.
  • Greymane Gate: Alliance Infantry/Deathguard.
  • Aderic's Repose: Ghost of Gilneas/Ghouls and Skeletons.
  • Blackwald: Worgen and various Night Elf Druids/Dark Rangers.

This list is subject to change at any time. A ??? means that we are unsure of what unit is to come from that control point.

Reinforcements.
During the questline, the Night Elves and Orcs later join. The Elves aid the Worgen and the Orcs aid the Forsaken. This method will be used as well, meaning that Night Elf and Orc units will not be seen at the beginning of the game.

NPC Heros.
I have not seen or heard of an AoS with NPC heros. Genn, Sylvannus, Lord Crowley and all the other major NPCs in the quest line will be featured as well, mostly for defensive purposes however.

So, that is the concept. To provide a unique AoS to the community. The team I require are as follows:
  • Terrainer
  • Artist

I suck at terraining, and a preview icon and loading screen picture would are important as well.
And some people that I would like to have on board:
  • Scripter
  • Modeller
  • Triggerer

While I consider myself a moderately skilled triggerer, I could always do with someone better than me. The scripter would obviously be for anything more advanced, or for that flawless triggering I've heard of. The modeller would be for other Gilneas doodads and more Worgen and Forsaken units, since the current selection really is disappointing.

Thank you for reading, and please post feedback and hop onto the team if you like! This is a map I plan on finishing, and I fear I won't be able to do so to a desirable standard without help. Or even finish it without the drive of knowing there's at least one other person working on it as well.

Level 5
Ah, seems you didn't understand what I meant.
I don't plan on introducing actual quests, the map is based off quests from World of Warcraft. Namely, the Worgen starting ones. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it, but you may of overlooked it.

Level 19
Ok, here are some heroes:
1. Fel Berserker
Model: Grom Hellscream Fel Orc Version
Agi hero
Spells:
- Flash Step
-- The caster dashes into a target direction very quickly. The time of his arrival to the area depends on his agility.
- Dark Ancestry
-- The caster summons dark energy in him and then runs to an enemy unit and pierces through him. The target unit is left stunned and bleeding. Deals damage depending on his intelligence.
- Evasion (Passive)
-- There will be an x percent chance that when the hero is attacked, a mirror of him is duplicated and becomes the target of the enemy.
- Skill Slash (Ultimate)
-- The caster runs at incredible speed and slashes all nearby enemies for 3 times, each dealing heavy damage. But when the caster finishes all the slashes, he rests for x seconds due to tiredness. All units hit are left bleeding.

2. Worgen Destroyer
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ownloads&order=DESC&search=worgen&d=list&r=20
Str based hero hero
Spells:
- Iron Slash
-- The caster makes his claws as hard as he can and then slashes the foe. This knocks the fore back but stuns the caster due to incredible force shown in the slash.
- Howl
-- The caster lets loose a terrifying howl which makes all nearby units run away due to ear pain.
- Supremacy (Passive)
-- Whenever the hero is battling a non-human unit, its attacks will be higher and the hero will look bigger.
- Dominance (Ultimate Passive)
-- When the hero is battling a weaker or stronger (but not equal) unit or hero, he will show his dominance. The heroes attack damage are increased greatly, his stats are doubled, he becomes bigger but mana consumption is greater.

3. Forest Druid
Model: Malfurion without Stag
Int based hero
Spells:
- Vine Coil
-- Summons out a vine at an area and that vine smashes all units there.
- Fissure
-- Creates a crack x meters above the caster. This crack serves as a block for the hero.
- Nature's Power
-- Whenever the Forest Druid is outdoors, he gets bonus mana and more attack damage.
- Nature's Force
-- The caster whips up a deadly typhoon which makes the targeted area raining and calls out thunderbolts. All units are send up flying in the air. When this is active, no units nearby or in the typhoon can attack, even the caster.

Status
Not open for further replies.