• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Looking for active AoS project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hello everyone! Now I'm looking for an active AoS map project to work for. Specifically I will be making AI for it. But yeah, I hope the project is decent and assured to be complete. No need to be a in-progress-project, even a completed map is fine, in case you want to improve it further more.

I will be doing this for free this time, the next one could be not the same since it's not an easy job. The reason is I need a real map to test the system. But take note that the system is not done yet and could spend several next months to finish.

Other than those, here are the criteria of the map I'm looking for:
- At least have 3 lanes.
- Have basic mechanisms finished (creep spawning-moving-denying, backdooring, etc.).
- At least have one melee and one ranged hero.
- Have neutral hostile (jungle creep).
- Map terrain layout should be final.
- Number of teams and players doesn't matter.
- More complex the game play mechanism is better. E.g. lane switching, branching lane, more than 2 teams, etc.

Here are some demonstrations of the AI I'm working on:

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
Level 17
I will finish this for sure, but it's currently missing your requirements.
Until now it has:
-damage system with advanced stats that i need for the map
-stun system
-kill streak system
-missile system

I also have 1 completed hero in mind, i could also create the creepspawn mechanic next. I need a terrainer for the map, and i'm currently waiting for a response. If that wont work i could do it myself.

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Hi Quilnez!

I have indeed an suggestion:
There are 2 great AOS-maps from Rising Dusk, Advent of the Zenith (AotZ) and Desert of Exile (DoE). Really great works in Artwork and gameplay.
Now - in late wc3 days, its difficult to fill up a game with them, but i played them many times.

If you are interested, i would contact the developper for you and help to get into communication (the coder Rising dusk is officially retired, but hes answering on Questions. Maps are on wc3c mappbase).

Greetings,
Gwy
(Player of hardly played quality maps)

Kazeon

Level 33
I will finish this for sure, but it's currently missing your requirements.
Until now it has:
-damage system with advanced stats that i need for the map
-stun system
-kill streak system
-missile system

I also have 1 completed hero in mind, i could also create the creepspawn mechanic next. I need a terrainer for the map, and i'm currently waiting for a response. If that wont work i could do it myself.

It's quite too early to say so. And I forgot one more thing, again. The AI system uses my own DDS.

Hi Quilnez!

I have indeed an suggestion:
There are 2 great AOS-maps from Rising Dusk, Advent of the Zenith (AotZ) and Desert of Exile (DoE). Really great works in Artwork and gameplay.
Now - in late wc3 days, its difficult to fill up a game with them, but i played them many times.

If you are interested, i would contact the developper for you and help to get into communication (the coder Rising dusk is officially retired, but hes answering on Questions. Maps are on wc3c mappbase).

Greetings,
Gwy
(Player of hardly played quality maps)

I have tested both map. But found the those maps don't have jungle creep. You don't even need to deny creeps. Even in the exile one, you don't even need to creep. Perhaps I need to add "dota like" to the note list. : /

I am attempting to create AI in my map too. Can I participate to learn?

I'm sorry but the code is not for public.

Status
Not open for further replies.