• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RolePlay #3 preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
So here we are again,nearly at the end of another RP,Roleplay #2
It was shorter than RP #1 but It was certainly a lot less confusing and messy than RP #1.However,confusion still exists to new players but that is a issue for later.But honestly,that is a DIRE issue that needs to be addressed.

Even though RP #2 isn't finished yet,I felt it was necessary to start this earlier considering that there is more RPers and a lot of them aren't active every day so creating this earlier would enable them to still get a chance to
state their opinion.

Here is the meaning of the colors that the topics will be.
Discussed
Polling
Being Discussed
Next Discussion
Not Yet

Here are the subjects:

1.Relation to RP #2 :Universe change with lore and history intact
2.Theme :Medieval/Fantasy

3.Event(s) :
4.Limitation(s) :
5.Other stuffs that might be necessary for RP #3 :

Quick Description:

Relation to RP #2 :
How it is connected to the events and factions of RP #2 and its effect on it.For example:Ten years after RP #2

Theme :
The overall technology and civilization style and date.For Example:Futuristic

Event(s) :
The major events that are going to take place in RP #3.For example:Archimonde Supreme giving birth to a insane world eating pony

Limitation(s) :
What rules must be followed and stuff your limited to.For example:You may only feed Chaosy once

Other stuffs that might be necessary for RP #3 :
Additional info that is required to properly make the other subjects work For Example:Time of skip

Just a quick reminder of what minor and major events are:

Major Event : events which requires a big cooperations of RPers to finish and they requires certain things (rituals, artifacts, special allies) to beat the enemies in the event. Example from RP #1 : battle against Nekros and Serahn.

Minor Event : events which doesn't really needs big cooperations from RPers to finish, this usually involves war between two or more kingdoms and minor conquests, minor events can happen in a major event. Example from RP #1 : Directive255's conquest to find Staff of Supremacy and Daffa and AS conquest for Gods Bane.

Level 21
A few ideas for the relation to RP #2:

Time Skip :
Hold on,I can hear you at your keyboards already.Yes,we did this before.However,I suggest time we make the time skip much larger in order to change a lot.Something between 90-150 years

Good Points
-It breathes some new life into the RP because a lot of things can change and take place in that amount of time

Bad Points
-Same damn place.
-Its going to feel like we are just repeating ourselves

Go to another universe(Credits to Chaosy)
This idea I like.Like I said in Chaosy' s thread(RP #3) I have been prepared for this for a long time.So basically we will travel to a different world but keep the story,lore,factions,characters etc intact.However,its up to the RPer to decide if he wants to keep his own faction/character or start over.

Good points

-Brings fresh air to the RP in more ways than one.
-You don't have to delete your favorite characters nor factions

Bad points

-Forces the user to read up on a lot of previous events to get a hang on certain things brought up during RP #3

Level 6
Theme should be a fixed theme in my opinion. Having swordmen charging at rifleman is just weird.

Also disallowing Warcraft lore into the roleplay should help a lot with confusion (I know, alot of you may disagree, but it should be at least considered)

Level 21
I agree.But that is going to cause problems since I won't go futuristic and Directive won't go medieval or renaissance.However,my faction won't be present in RP #3 so maybe we can make it futuristic.

Level 6
It must be unified though with all having the same theme, and that would mean removing factions that can't match up with the theme.

Edit: I'm actually thinking about creating a social group including a new roleplay.

Level 24
I for one would now go Futuristic, since the Egilians and Gryphonus are developing new technologies (similar to the Allies having the NewTech create new technologies in RA3 Uprising)
But the city will remain medieval-istic,
Still, it kinda bothers me with Warcraft still being present, and mixed up with GTA, C&C and others

Level 24
I'm not saying to remove magic, its already part of my forces,
but melee weapons like axes, swords, spears against a laser beam, really weird, :O

Monsters together with tanks, flying creatures along with aircrafts, demons and warlocks using high-tech weapons rather than their magic,
Yeah I think I found that really wierd,

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Also disallowing Warcraft lore into the roleplay should help a lot with confusion
I would to the exact opposite as if everyone followed the same rules it would simply be more fair. I will pretend I didn't hear anything to keep my good mood :p

Theme should be a fixed theme in my opinion. Having swordmen charging at rifleman is just weird.
I agree with this.

Perhaps no more Warcraft stuffs but retain the lore?
Nope, nope, nope, nope. Magic without guidelines is.. sick.. reviving folk would happen on an everyday basis and people will come up with absurd things. I can't even imagine all the silly things that would happen.
The acid rain from the Nullmagic would be high on the list of things that I find absurd.
Another issue.. what about those who have Warcraft characters? Take Illidan as an example, if Fel magic wasn't highly corruptive arcane magic, he would not have a demon appearance, nor be a demon hunter at all.
So the lore is only supposed to apply for some characters? yeah that sounds funny and soooo balanced.

OT:
Theme is not something I am THAT concerned with if other issues I personally see in RP #2 are fixed. With that said I am happy with most things, though some are better than others.
I would prefer a new world over jumping X years into the future though, that's for sure. Time skip is lame.

Level 21
@Devin.The confusion I talked about wasn't about warcraft.It was about RACC it self.I can't stress this enough but we need a full history thread
Also,disabling Warcraft?That's a big no.You can't just force me to destroy everything I have after two bloody RPs

Also guys stay on the current topic

Anyway,I Vote for new universe

P.S.I'm not angry,just shocked

Well, personally I want to keep Warcraft, I was just giving suggestions to Edge...

Yeah, we must progress towards futuristic Science Fantasy. Everything is much more believable if the tech level of factions rises. Furthermore, this will make RP #3 fresh yet preserve the history and lore.

P.S. I actually wants to preserve Warcraft lore, but I was just giving a suggestion to Edge... sorry for the miscommunication.

You know, I'm kind of speak before think and I often say some nonsense which differs greatly from my meaning...

Level 21
Ok,lets start the vote.
My vote goes to change of universe
Added Directive's vote
Added Leo's vote
Added Chaosy's vote
Added Devin's vote
Added Edge's vote
Added Daffa's vote

Change of universe-7
Huge time Skip-0

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
'Kay.

For the second topic I stay with my earlier statement in this thread. Keep it strictly to one theme.
Devin said:

I vote for medieval rather than some science fiction crap. (sorry, I don't like sci fi!)

Level 21
Chaosy has a point,nuke vs flaming oil?tanks vs knights?

@Directive.Because magic is mostly associated with fantasy and medieval stuff because in sci fi it isn't need it since everything can be done with tech.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Fine.

But by your logic everyone needs to go sci fi mode in order to be equals. Sure everyone CAN use mech stuff, but should it really be like "If you can't defeat them, join them"?
Here is a quote for you.
Henry Ford said:
Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.

If RACC remains a mix, I state 'mix my ass'.

You may quote me on that.

I know tech will win... but magic =/= medieval stuffs

But what if there's still magic? You can't just erase the presence of magic! If so, how do you explain the use of magics in RP #1? And RP #2?

I'll still go for Science Fantasy. Futuristic setting with magic. No stone age or medieval weapons, but there'll be still magic and technology. Like some Final Fantasy games, Harry Potter, etc.

Edit: TLDR -- Science + Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.