1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Vampyr 3.82

Submitted by Marshmalo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
RISE OF THE VAMPYR
Created by Marshmalo

LORE: "It has been one hundred years since the Vampire Lord was banished, but since then the humble people of Talabhiem Kingdom have endured an unholy curse afflicting their lands, for the Vampire was not truly defeated...

His spirit remains, slowly drawing strength and corrupting the land. The peasant folk tell of strange creatures lurking within the shadows of the forests and dark voices whisper through the wind. While crops fail and disease spreads, it is the King of Talabhiem whom has suffered the greatest tragedy, all the heirs to his kingship have mysteriously disappeared and with every passing day, the king grows more weary and older. He has lost all hope of continuing his legacy but his greatest fear is about to come into being:

THE PROPHECY: Before the Vampire Lord was slain, he vowed to one day return and destroy the family line of King Alec. With the kings children missing, all the Vampire lord needs to do is kill is the king himself to fulfil the Prophecy. If he succeeds in wiping out the dynasty within 3 days he will regain his full strength and claim lordship over Talabhiem. If he fails to kill the king then his body will crumble and his spirit banished to the underworld for eternity.

But in the Darkest hour there is still hope, for 6 champions have stepped forward, offering their help to the beleaguered King of Talabhiem.

BASIC GAMEPLAY INFO:

This is a unique PvP map with support from AI factions where players can either chose to play as the Vampire Hunters or the Vampire Lord himself.

It combines influences from maps like Vampirism, Tomb of Jabocoriah and Dragon Hunters. There is also a strategy element as players have the option of creating squads or armies by hiring our local mercenaries from the city of Talabhiem.

The basic aim of Vampire lord is to kill the King of Talabhiem within 3 days or he will die. The aim of the Vampire hunters is to protect the King for 3 days or slay the Vampire lord himself.

If a Vampire hunter dies to a creep then he can be resurrected by an ally, however, if a hunter is killed by a Vampire he will return as an undead Vampire and serve darkness. Another way for the Vampire Lord to win is to kill all 6 defenders, but he only has 3 days so he must work quickly.

The Vampire hunters will have to work as a team, defending the King and the local villagers from evil. There are 3 villages around the map and of course the city of Talabhiem itself which houses the King. The cities defences are formidable, but if the Vampire Lord grows strong enough he will have the power to bring it down and slay the King.

The hunters have a number of weapons at their disposal, the greatest asset being the people of Talabhiem themselves, many can be hired as merc to fight along side your hero. In this sense the game also has a RTS element to it.

The Vampire Lord has the power to create vast armies of undead, but not in the normal sense, all his minions must be infected and raised as Vampires or zombies summoned from the corpses of the fallen. He can then mutate and evolve his minions into more powerful creatures and servants of Darkness with a range of different bonuses and abilities.

KEY FEATURES

- Beautiful Imported models and textures.
- Squad style gameplay for Vampire Hunters, combing RPG and RTS elements
- Large range of costom items availble as loot drops or purchased at town.
- AI villagers player which will respond to various events and sent out patrols etc.
- Standing system for Vampre Hunters.
- Costom terrain with a dark and gritty fantasy atmosphere.
- Lore heavily inspiried by Warhammer's Vampire Counts
- Under 8mb, playable on bnet.

SCREENSHOTS

Highpeak Village
[​IMG]

Sorrowville Hamlet
[​IMG]

Drakenhof Castle Enterance
[​IMG]

Talabhiem Fort
[​IMG]

Brightvale Bridge
[​IMG]

Underworld
[​IMG]

Water Mill
[​IMG]

Awakened Grove
[​IMG]

CREATORS NOTE: This is a very old project of mine I finally decided to finish, I've been working on it while other LTA developers had the LTA map so it won't have interfered with development of that map! RotV is almost finished now so I'm hoping to do a private beta test in afew weeks. Some of you may notice this is a continuation and sequel to my "Zombie Rising" map.

GAMEPLAY TIPS AND ADVICE:
Vampire Hunters:

- Stick together and always work as a team, the Vampire will be able to overpower you alone but he can not match the strength of you all combined.
- Use your powers to unlock special mysteries around areas of power around the map.

- Buy mercenries from the local village bastions, upgrade and expand your unit squad via black smiths.

- Entering the Vampires lair and destroying his base there will seveerly weaken him, but be wary for the underworld holds hidden powers and evil...
- Remember the undead are stronger at night but weaker by day.

Vampire Lord:
- Your aim besides killing the King should also be to kill the Vampire hunters, any which fall to your bite will be reborn as Vampire allies and serve you!

- Use the special global powers found in your underworld altar of power. Try and keep this protected.

- If the Vampire hunters enter your castle remember to use your traps to your advantage.

- Build your vampire and zombie army by corrupting and killing the local villagers and soldiers of Talbhiem. They will serve you either as a vampire or as a mindless Zombie. These can then be evolved into minions of great power.

- The main city of Talabhiem is very strong, attack and destroy the outer villages first before going for the king directly.

- Remember you only have 3 days, keep an eye on the timer, you can not afford to wait around.

CREDITS LIST:

Bliizzard Entertainment
Marshmalo
olofmoleman
Freezer
Daenar7
oGre_
Tarrasque
Fingolfin
Born²Modificate
Deolrin
67chrome
CloudWolf
antihero
Just_Spectating
WhiteDeath

Keywords:
Vampire, Vampyr, Werewolf, Vampire Hunters, Zombie, Undead, Warhammer
Contents

Rise of the Vampyr 3.82 (Map)

Reviews
19th September 2016 @StoPCampinGn00b: Rise of the Vampyr is a highly unique and impressively stunning looking map, the first of its kind. The terrain of the map always captures people's first glances because of how extremely detailed it is for...
  1. 19th September 2016
    @StoPCampinGn00b: Rise of the Vampyr is a highly unique and impressively stunning looking map, the first of its kind. The terrain of the map always captures people's first glances because of how extremely detailed it is for Warcraft 3. Its cross strategy and hero survival gameplay makes for a fresh experience. Though it can seem more complicated than most maps at first, it's actually not that hard to get into. Once you're into it, there's just a lot of content to engage, notably some awesome events and spells. It's also not only competitive gameplay and visuals, as there's quite a bit of lore built up in this for a multiplayer map.

The map works really well performance wise, though there may need to be balance tweaks and bug fixes like any map out there. I wish I had the time to dig extensively in the map and give a lot of feedback, but this is what I have for now. Map approved, 5/5!

21:22, 29th Feb 2016
    Ardenian: Please add a credits list to the map description.

Review reserved.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
  2. Eldin HawkWing

Eldin HawkWing

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nice Terrain You Got There Buddy :)

3. I want his terrain :3 <3

4. Mike

Mike

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont even know what to say...its just incredible.

Atmosphere and terrain are outstanding. As i see you used in this map catapults. If you want you can use also my siege machines. I uploaded lots of them recently)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  5. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh my, such beauty on the terrain makes me feel in love <3.
    I'm inspired !

6. FireTiger

FireTiger

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have nothing to say, coz i know map. But i'll just rate it. 5/5. ;)

7. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks to everyone for the comments and the rating! :)

I always keep a close eye on your models Mike are they are great and very fitting with this map!

I ran out of space for stuff I could add but if I had more space I would actually add your Market stand and Fountain models are they are beutiful and would fit so well with the style of this :)

8. rem_shinikami

rem_shinikami

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will test it soon. From screens it looks just amazing! No doubt that it will be 5\5 !

9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyone know how I can get this map approved? I added credits as requested quite awhile ago and Ardenian seems to have disapeared?

10. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ardenian's account got deleted by his own request.

Just make a post in the staff contact and they'll assign someone else :)

11. Mike

Mike

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm interested too, how now will approve maps.

12. Ungoliath

Ungoliath

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Judging by the screenshots, this looks absolutely insane! Will have to try this one! :D

I'm also curious about the map approval thing. Does anyone know who to contact?

13. Joinma

Joinma

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome map, 5/5. There were many things I wanted to share as followings...

Here are 2 replays...
    I was vampire lord..
    Mega File Upload - vambelord.w3g
    My friend was... the broken archer captain... He used almost all abuses that I wrote above.... so overpowered. I left even though I had 30 minutes left... I did not think I could keep up with him... he would surely come and kill my vampire hero and my hero had no way to counter it.
    http://www.megafileupload.com/fxPP/brokencaptain.w3g

Currently, players that play this map could figure these abuses in 1 or 2 games. After they knew it was gg.

Vampire had no chance to win... at this moment.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  14. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hopefully this map might have been approved by 2018!

Wow ty that is quite a detailed response! I will bear these in mind when I get round to releasing a new version.

15. Vidovit

Vidovit

Resources:
    Resources:
    @StoPCampinGn00b Help Marsh out with some staff connections in approving maps :D

16. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rise of the Vampyr is an highly unique and impressively stunning looking map, the first of its kind. The terrain of the map always captures people's first glances because of how extremely detailed it is for Warcraft 3. Its cross strategy and hero survival gameplay makes for a fresh experience. Though it can seem more complicated than most maps at first, it's actually not that hard to get into. Once you're into it, there's just a lot of content to engage, notably some awesome events and spells. It's also not only competitive gameplay and visuals, as there's quite a bit of lore built up in this for a multiplayer map.

The map works really well performance wise, though there may need to be balance tweaks and bug fixes like any map out there. I wish I had the time to dig extensively in the map and give a lot of feedback, but this is what I have for now. Map approved, 5/5!

PS. BrigandsHaven is lucky to host this one ;).

17. Felandchaos

Felandchaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice,one its great.

18. Accelerator12

Accelerator12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps the vampire of all human hero level high up after will appear very helpless, I more than once by a human hero killed, so I sometimes at night in trying to kill the king to try to win

19. kimmb4

kimmb4

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'M korea user

i'm play fun this map

i think this map is great

but

unique creep monster kill reward very poor
    (i think epic item drop nice game style)

and werewolf is very weak i think adjust this champ

please