1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Download.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join Music Contest #7 - Location! Craft a song that depicts any place.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. 'The Icon Contest #15 has started and Melee units await for their new abilities!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Advanced Tech-tree contest #1 poll! Cast your vote now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. 'The gothic theme has yielded great textures! Come and check out the results for the 26th texturing contest.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6]

Submitted by karaulov
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Compatible with any version of Warcraft 3 .

Removes map size limit .

Move FixSizeLimit.mix to the folder with Warcraft3 or rename FixSizeLimit.mix into FixSizeLimit.dll and load by means of an injector.

Create in the folder with Warcraft3 the empty file with name "forcefixsizelimit" for completely clean a size limit, but then it will be found by some anti-hack!

Update 2:

• One file for all Warcraft 3 versions!!!!

• Added directly signature search if in the folder with Warcraft3 exists empty file with name "forcefixsizelimit" (BEEP BEEP if signature is found)

Update 3:

• Restoring memory during a game to bypass antihack. [for method2]

Update 4:

• bug fix

source code available https://github.com/Karaulov/War3-SizeLimit-Bypass/

Keywords:
size limit, size, limit
Contents

Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6] (Binary)

1. A Void

A Void

So.. How is this any different from what I uploaded? Has anyone tested it?

2. karaulov

karaulov

1. compatible with any version of Warcraft 3 .

2. smaller size

3. most likely it is not found by anti-hack.

4. easy to install / uninstall

3. A Void

A Void

I tested it, it works. You should improve the description, make it more understandable and professional. Fix the grammar also. +Reputation :)

Thank you for making this.

4. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Indeed, the installation instructions are too short and confusing for an inexperienced user.

5. karaulov

karaulov

I've updated the installation guide, now better?

If not, offer your own version, I'm not really good at english language :)

6. A Void

A Void

Is there any difference between those two files by the way? 1 MB and 8 MB?

I really recommend people to you this one, I will request a moderator to delete my uploaded. This one doesn't need any replacing and is very compact and simple.

7. karaulov

karaulov

I play Warcraft 1.26a and I don't remember what restrictions on the size were in old versions. (I didn't install old versions of Warcraft)

1 Mb sets the maximum size in 1 Mb, or 8 Mb for restriction on 8 Mb.

If the limitation on all versions of Warcraft is 8MB, I can delete file ...1mb.mix.

8. A Void

A Void

I think that previously before some patch it was 4 MB, now it is 8 MB. There never was 1 MB.

9. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

1.24 rised the limit from 4MB to 8MB.

Raichu you should alter the check so that
    if size > 4MB return 4MB
    So you have only one file for all versions of wc3.

Also the installation is not clear. It can't be enough to copy it in the wc3 folder, right?
    What is a .mix file type?
    Do you need this? If yes you do not mention it directly, which you should.

One more concern would be that this interferes on a global level in Windows, right? So not only other calls coming from wc3 will use this but everything on Windows calling it..

I am very inexperienced in .dll stuff, so please correct my mistakes or confirm my assumptions.

10. karaulov

karaulov

You can see from the screenshot that Warcraft will think that there is no "w3x and w3m" files larger than 8 MB.

.flt .mix .m3d .asi - is DLL files that are are automatically loaded via mss http://www.radgametools.com/jp/mssgames.htm

To install just move the file to folder with Warcraft III

I added a readme.txt file in the archive. And bypassing limit for 1.23 and below.

11. A Void

A Void

Yes it is that simple. Just move the .mix file to the game folder and it will work for that user only.

It was 1.24 not 1.23. :)

12. Xarwin

Xarwin

Good thing to remove the limit, bad thing to get through d3scene and something like "shouldn't be detected".
    It is a HACKING community which I highly disapprove. And I suppose hive does not approve them as well.
    Maybe get some neutral website for it?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  13. A Void

A Void

This is not a hack, it contains no viruses. Its a mix file just as he said, .mix files load as additional .dll.

14. Xarwin

Xarwin

I'm not saying that it is a virus.
    But when you make any modification to the original files its a hack, no? lol. Not saying that this hack is bad.
    Anyway. All I wanted to point out is that D3Scene is not a good website to advertise here.

I really appreciate the work put into this because I really was searching for a long time to bypass the map limit.

15. karaulov

karaulov

I don't advertize anything.
    This is not a hack (does not affect gameplay)
    Game files don't change, only the GetFileSize function in Kernel32.dll is intercepted.

16. Xarwin

Xarwin

Inside your readme:

Maybe change it to a more non-hacking friendly website, or only let Extreme Injector in it?

17. karaulov

karaulov

Well, I erased superfluous, now it is better?

18. A Void

A Void

You dont have to do any of the useless advanced stuff. If you want to remove the limit, simply put the .mix file to main folder of War3.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  19. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

I tired it on Garena. It is indeed not recognized as hack. However, when people (random people, not those who have this also installed) finish downloading my 11mb map, they get autokicked.

Still a great tool tho, but (as expected) all parties have to have it in order for it to work.