• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

File Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I was just wondering if there is any way to bypass the 4,000kb max file size for maps. Im nearly finished with a future themed roeplaying map, and id like to add more models, but am already at 3,994kbs. So uhm if anyone knows a way to bypass the limit, let me know. Oh and im using Weu if that makes a difference.

Thanks! ('-'d)

Level 6
weu does make a difference, about 500-750kb's difference.

Use vexorians Map optimizer, it should shrink your map down a good bit. you should also delete some of your models and use in-game ones, instead, so that it's even smaller.

1.) WEU is bad
=> Why that?
--> It creates a lot of wasted space and creates cool game crashes!
=> Isnt that good?
--> rofl joke question xD
2.) Learn Jass instead
=> How to?
--> Search!
=> Where?
-> www.hiveworkshop.com or TheHelper.net
=> Can't u do this for me?
--> I did! http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28292
3.) Thanks!
--> Haha no problem xD :grin:

Level 36
I don`t understand this 4mb limit. (i have already imported an 30mb file in a map)

Uh Hello, the limit is there for a REASON. Most people get lagged out just hosting maps that are 4 MB or under as it is. A 30 Mb map would drop everyone, the hosts, and the servers, aren't made to handle shit like that.

Compress your map, or delete as much junk as you can, that's all you can do unless you want to make it single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.