• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6]

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Compatible with any version of Warcraft 3 .

Removes map size limit .

Move FixSizeLimit.mix to the folder with Warcraft3 or rename FixSizeLimit.mix into FixSizeLimit.dll and load by means of an injector.

Create in the folder with Warcraft3 the empty file with name "forcefixsizelimit" for completely clean a size limit, but then it will be found by some anti-hack!

Update 2:

• One file for all Warcraft 3 versions!!!!

• Added directly signature search if in the folder with Warcraft3 exists empty file with name "forcefixsizelimit" (BEEP BEEP if signature is found)

Update 3:

• Restoring memory during a game to bypass antihack. [for method2]

Update 4:

• bug fix

source code available https://github.com/Karaulov/War3-SizeLimit-Bypass/

Keywords:
size limit, size, limit
Contents

Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6] (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
While the map size limit has been increasing steadily with the latest patches (4->8->128->256MB), this tool might still be useful for the extremely big maps. Right now though with the removal of .mix file loading in version 1.30 the current...
Level 1
So I was using the 8mb bypass file for the last 7 days and today it just stopped working?
I tried everything from different combinations of files (both, folder, only one, deleting one later) till completly fresh install of warcraft 3. After downloading an already modded game.dll it did work for 30minutes and once I wanted to rmk the game, I could not join anymore. Downloaded the file again and installed warcraft 3 fresh again, still nothing.

Any ideas?

Level 1
Move FixSizeLimit.mix to the folder with Warcraft3. What could you possibly not understand?

Well when i do that and try to make a LAN game it, takes me back to the server list :)
And there isnt a FixSizeLimit.mix in the winrar. theres only a forcefixsizelimit (nothing inside)
and a GameDLL(something).mix

Level 1
Thanks for the awesome map size limit remover. I just tried it with the new 1.27 update for LAN and it works. I haven't confirmed with Bnet yet. I will soon.

For those who are confused with the directions. Just go to his posted link on page 1 and download the files. You will need a File Extractor such as Winzip or PeaZip to open the .rar file that is downloaded. Then:

Extract, Copy, or Move the "forcefixsizelimit" and "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limit.mix" files into the "Warcraft III" folder.
Make sure to create a copy/backup of the unmodded "Warcraft III" folder.
This will remove the map size limit of 8MB, but can be found by anti-hacks on servers.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks Raichu for the resource!

Thanks for the awesome map size limit remover. I just tried it with the new 1.27 update for LAN and it works. I haven't confirmed with Bnet yet. I will soon.

For those who are confused with the directions. Just go to his posted link on page 1 and download the files. You will need a File Extractor such as Winzip or PeaZip to open the .rar file that is downloaded. Then:

Extract, Copy, or Move the "forcefixsizelimit" and "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limit.mix" files into the "Warcraft III" folder.
Make sure to create a copy/backup of the unmodded "Warcraft III" folder.
This will remove the map size limit of 8MB, but can be found by anti-hacks on servers.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks Raichu for the resource!

You don't need to back anything up, this modification runs separately from Warcraft 3. Download, extract using 7Zip and put those two files in your Warcraft 3 folder and you're done.

Level 1
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a programmer that understands how the coding works in those files, but as an administrator I prefer to backup data just incase. Please do as you like because you can easily add or delete those files, just as long you remember which ones to work with.

Level 4
It definitely works on bnet. If you haven't noticed a lot of people on ent bots host 8mb+ games

Level 1
yep, I noticed the map size change when i got booted from the host, especially after i tried to host the maps myself. I looked at the file size and was huge compared to the rest. I got the error message and came across this thread that helped with the map size limit. It's been a few years since I last played and alot of changes were made, especially bot hosts.

Anyway, I wanted to confirm that I was able to host with the "limit remover" on bnet, and I get a "beep" noise when WC3 loads to main menu. Otherwise, everything seems fine.

Hope this helps.

Because it has too much requirements. Like:
1.Everybody must have it
2.Because it can sometimes crash your games.
3.The incoming patch will increase maximum map size anyway.

Loads of crap.

I don't know why it still not been approved :p

This was once approved but updating it made it pending again. Tool moderation takes longer than models, skins or even maps. The author should contact a moderator to speed up this process.

Level 4
yo man get rid of your attitude. I don't have windows 10. That's why I said "Seems" because I had people complain to me (since I help them get this tool) that it doesn't work on their Windows 10 system. If you aren't contributing, keep quiet.

Level 1
I dragged both the files into the my Warcraft 3 directory (all 4 tbh cause im lazy) and nothing happens. I tried to join SDHR twrpg s4 and it just kicks me back to the main screen on battle.net. I saw something about injecting? Everyone says it's as simple as drag and drop though. I don't understand how it would read the file if it's foreign/not replacing any old files? Not for me to know I suppose but y'know, feel like I'm missing something. Any help is appreciated :ogre_haosis::ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_icwydt::goblin_boom::goblin_jawdrop::goblin_good_job::vw_death::vw_love::vw_sad::vw_wtf:

I dragged both the files into the my Warcraft 3 directory (all 4 tbh cause im lazy) and nothing happens. I tried to join SDHR twrpg s4 and it just kicks me back to the main screen on battle.net. I saw something about injecting? Everyone says it's as simple as drag and drop though. I don't understand how it would read the file if it's foreign/not replacing any old files? Not for me to know I suppose but y'know, feel like I'm missing something. Any help is appreciated :ogre_haosis::ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_icwydt::goblin_boom::goblin_jawdrop::goblin_good_job::vw_death::vw_love::vw_sad::vw_wtf:

Both the host and the joining player must have this in order for it to work, secondly you simply drag and drop it to your Warcraft 3 folder. If it doesn't work then it does not support Mac.

It might be that the new patch 1.27a was released not too long ago, maybe the offset's need to be updated in the .mix file? This needs to be verified by the author.

Level 4
I'm an avid user of this tool. It definately works on 1.27a.

I don't have mac tho so i can't really help there

Level 12
If you refer too singleplayer maps, those can already be played without this and apparently this system breaks single player completely.
If you refer too multiplayer maps, you can play only with people that also have the edit.
Well yea i know this already m8... but is not working for me.. i tried to play with other ppl that have it and i cant enter their games.

Level 1
Cool! Can you tell me if you run wc3 as admin or not?
I was running it as admin in the beggining, as i was playing on entconnect. But then i forgot to run it, and it still worked. Now i.m using eurobattle, and it starts the game, but idk how. Probably normal. Cuz it would ask for permission if it was running as admin

Level 4
I was running it as admin in the beggining, as i was playing on entconnect. But then i forgot to run it, and it still worked. Now i.m using eurobattle, and it starts the game, but idk how. Probably normal. Cuz it would ask for permission if it was running as admin

Okay thanks, basically I can assume that its safe to run it with and without admin.

How to do enable this, my english isn't very good and I am bad at coding

Use WinRAR or 7Zip to open Warcraft-III-bypass-map-file-size-limit.-ver.6.zip and Releasev6.rar inside it. Then extract all files in it to your Warcraft 3 installation folder.

As if the installation instructions weren't that clear enough.

Level 5
Use WinRAR or 7Zip to open Warcraft-III-bypass-map-file-size-limit.-ver.6.zip and Releasev6.rar inside it. Then extract all files in it to your Warcraft 3 installation folder.

As if the installation instructions weren't that clear enough.

There is only Releasev6.rar inside the zip, what do you mean by Warcraft-III-bypass-map-file-size-limit.-ver.6.zip? That is the name of the folder, you mean you just put Releasev6.rar into my warcraft 3 folder? No other folders needed?

There is only Releasev6.rar inside the zip, what do you mean by Warcraft-III-bypass-map-file-size-limit.-ver.6.zip? That is the name of the folder, you mean you just put Releasev6.rar into my warcraft 3 folder? No other folders needed?

Last time I checked .zip files were not folders. But they do open like them in newer Windows operating systems. Anyway, extract files from Releasev6.rar into your War3 installation folder.