1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Vampyr bugged game

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Brightest Light, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Brightest Light

Brightest Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, just reporting a REALLY WEIRD bug that happened in a game of Rise of the Vampyr I played recently. In short, the werewolf killed themself to become the witch, then i gained control of another hunters hero--as in the hero was given FULLY to me, not i gained control of their units, so that player had nothing to use, then i killed THAT hero, hoping it would give them control of a vampire minion, but it gave my hero to the town guard and made them into a vampire minion. other weird shenanigans happend, but i forget all of the strange occurences, so just watch the replay.

Attached Files:

2. mori

mori

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks like a bug on the mapmaker's part. Have you tried reporting it to the author?

3. Brightest Light

Brightest Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've linked the thread to them--I asked them the best way to get it to them and they said to post it here.

4. mori

mori

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Unless there's an implication that this map got broken by Blizzard in the current patches (which it doesn't seem to be), you shouldn't be posting about this here.

5. Brightest Light

Brightest Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, i havent reported a bug like this before, where should i put it?

6. mori

mori

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wherever the map author collects feedback. Hive isn't exactly the place to be reporting map-specific bugs since the feedback may never even reach the map author, unless they frequent the site.

Besides that, patch discussion is specifically for reporting bugs and discussion related directly to WC3 updates, not any maps, unless (like I mentioned) there's an implication that the bug was caused by a patch, but so far you haven't made clear whether it is the case or not.

7. Brightest Light

Brightest Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have no idea what it was caused by. Ill dm them with it