1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by Retera, Nov 12, 2019.

1. (Battleships) Speed

(Battleships) Speed

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Victel

Victel

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do I import aned edit textures using this program? I have some PBR I need to convert. Also do I convert them to blp or .dds? Thanks

3. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can edit basic texture paths in `Tools -> Edit Textures` I believe it is. If you want more advanced texture path editing, save as MDL and modify the contents of the file with a text editor. I do look forward to making a GUI so MDL is not necessary, but I did not make that yet.

Also, I got a dds reader in my tool but the library I found cannot save as DDS. For now, if you want to do that, I suggest Paint.NET or Gimp or maybe photoshop if you had that, but I haven't used photoshop in a long time.

4. (Battleships) Speed

(Battleships) Speed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmmm. I edited the water texture and it worked beautifully, reduced the size of water texture for a small boat, but the problem is... inside the game, the edited water texture still did not reduced its size, and also the original Reforged water texture is still there... annoying... I guess there's nothing we can do about the water texture issue for now. But, strange... I found customized boat that is still from old WC3 does not show the original water texture, but shows customized water texture only. Strange. How do I turn off the original water texture off my new small boat for custom water texture to be shown only? And, how do I get the water texture size reduced inside the game since I reduced it in the model editor, but does not show reduced water texture inside the game. It's like changing the size of water texture in your world editor shows no effect inside the game. Hmmm.

5. Hjorleif

Hjorleif

Resources:
    Resources:
    This error pops up when trying to open the Keeperofthegrove or Cenarius models within the Model Studio. Keeperofthegroveghost is fine though.

Attached Files:

6. Zak17

Zak17

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to 3D print a lot of the models from Reforged and use them for DnD minis or wargaming. is there a way to export the models to an obj or something else blender can open? ideally i would like to export frames from animations to be printed so i have different poses.

edit: nvm, just found the OBJ option in "Save As"
    edit 2: and apparently that hasn't been implemented yet. Ah, well. Still, thank you for all your help, I'm excited to see where this goes.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020 at 3:11 AM
  7. Ryan820

Ryan820

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi sir, can i use this tool on the official warcraft 3 reforged release? Or is it strictly for the beta version?

I was planning on making a custom footman for my custom map. hihi.

Thank you! ^^,

8. Zak17

Zak17

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been able to use it for the main game so far. You shouldn't have any trouble, especially since the last update was in February.