• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retera Model Studio Texture wont load ingame

Level 1
Hello,
I have been trying to change a texture using gimp, just edited the color and imported it back. In the RMS everything seemed fine, so I saved the file as .mdx and imported it into World editor, the model would load, but not the texture, what is interesting is, that if I just replaced the texture with another from the RMS, it would work as in picture 3. So I think that the problem lies in the wrong format while saving image in Gimp, but I tried most options and tried to look it up for 6 hours with no luck. Does anybody know how to safely export texture from RMS to gimp and back?

I would really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 1h.png
    1h.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2h.png
    2h.png
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 3h.png
    3h.png
    824.4 KB · Views: 5
Level 1
Fixed the issue, thanks to Symphoneum and Ardenaso for all the help.

I think i should write what i did for my fellow morons like me
How to avoid traps.

1. Open the Retera Model Studio
2. find the installation folder.
3. Go to Edit --> Preferences Window --> Warcraft Data --> Add folder where you will save textures.
4. Double click on a model you want to edit
5. Click Tools --> Edit Textures --> Click on a texture you want to change
6. Export --> give it a name with the same format type as an original (for example .tif)
7. Open in Gimp --> change it
8. Export as DDS, DXT5/BC3, generate mipmaps, Mitchell filter.
9. Click Tools --> Edit Textures --> Click on a texture you want to change
10. Replace it with your .dds file you exported from gimp
Now this is important, you basically changed the path for the mdx too look for it? So as far as i know
now when you import it in the WorldEdit it will know where is the texture you changed.
11. Import both mdx file and changed .dds into WorldEdit
12. Delete war3mapImported from the file name
13. change the model for a unit
14. it wont load the model its, fine it will work ingame
15. try it :)
16. save the map as a folder as a precaution for crashes