• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to edit & apply textures from Retera's Model Studio? (Reforged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey all, been having some fun geoset merging with Retera's Model Studio (v0.04.2020.03.03) and I'd like to change the character's hair colour. I understand I need to extract a texture, then edit it in another piece of software, and then re-apply the texture... but it's the 3rd (and possibly 1st) step in that process I'm unsure about. Can anyone help?

So I've cobbled this chap together and I'd like him to keep his hair style but have black hair:

upload_2020-3-26_9-8-4.png

I go Tools -> Edit Texture and I can find his hair texture, so far so good:

upload_2020-3-26_9-9-7.png

I can then export it to something editable like a PNG (is that correct?)

...but then if I edit the texture, and re-import it, or use the "Replace Texture" button I can't figure out how to actually apply the texture to his hair. It just goes matte white/"missing texture". Does anyone know what step I'm missing / is the process actually different to what I'm doing?

Been a long time (15 years?) since I've done any WC3 editing and seems a lot of the old tutorials don't apply to Reforged - so any help most welcome! (And I'm sure some others would love to hear it too).

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.