• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged code is broken lazy mess. Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
And if you take WoW into account they had a large empire with massive cities long before the Draenei even came to Draenor.
Let's not. Retcons, how much can we take anymore. Ogres were always meant to be tribal and savage, not Eredars from outer space or castle building geniuses.
It's Gul'dan who made the Ogres smarter-civilized by desecrating the high elven runestones.

Level 20
that's not it; if they can make 435234534254352 models for Paladins and Dreadlords, they should've been able to make these as well
You mean other than the fact that Ogres generally DON'T live in their own buildings? The only 'structure' WoW used for them up to WoD was the standard "Ogre Mound" cave/hill and then the rest of it they squatted in everyone else's buildings.

Level 14
Everyone acting like the did this in purpose

Guys they didnt do shit to majority of missions.

You think they even opened this map? Nwahahahhahahaha

To be fair the old dreenei buildsings qete great ogre houses though. Im sure your lizardmen of azorbia would look out of place woth these new buildings @Razorclaw_X

In other more important news.

About the cuatom campaigns.

Thats just terrible news. Maybe its not coming? They couldnt be this goolish surely not to even communicate this years ago.

Level 20
Found this kind of funny. I knew the Campaign progression was saved locally, but not where.

Want Reforged portraits without owning Reforged? : warcraft3

Now rocking a Kel'thuzad Lich portrait on Battle.net because of this (not that it honestly matters, but it beats rocking an Acolyte.)

And just before someone else asks, I haven't successfully ported old Campaign data into the Classic folder.

Level 14
They fixed Twilight of the Gods (hyjal) tyrande classic missions and succubus.

Im not gonna say Blizzard is watching this thread but..... Theyre probably watching this thread.

Next up does anyone have any similiar experiences to THIS post i havnt played it yet in Reforged
The FInal TFT Night Elf Mission
Brothers Stormrage

EDIT:

Archimonde now lvl 10 and has items in Hyjal
Rage Winterchill Spawns at all predetermined times

HOWEVER anetheron still wont spawn for his Wave 10 which repeats through Wave 9-11 indefinetly at Jainas base only. This was present in 1.32.1.

despite them saying they fixed invisible units in campaign. Base #1 after jainas base is destroyed is still invsible from the screens earlier in this thread.

The Above link from the Brothers Stormrage level. The poster must be a dumbshit Orange attacked with a group and its lich within the first 5 mins of the mission i just checked.

Last edited:
Level 4
They fixed Twilight of the Gods (hyjal) tyrande classic missions and succubus.

Im not gonna say Blizzard is watching this thread but..... Theyre probably watching this thread.

Kam Ghostseer saw my reddit post about Twilight of the Gods and said they'll fix it.

Level 14
Kam Ghostseer saw my reddit post about Twilight of the Gods and said they'll fix it.
Well for whatever reason anetheron still wont spawn on wave 10 at jainas

New power in lordaeron still has intact doodad gates because they redid this map and added many ornate capital city spire doodads Its subtle but you notice it when you look at the right side of map specifically the entrance. And all around the walled city.

Garithos entrance is right at balnazzars demon portal.

Its a classic level they "reforged" and broke like all the levels they reforged with cities in them

Comsidering the AI cannot attack anyone. Its a pretty big blunder

Level 14
Kam responded to hive pm about a new power in lordaeron hipefully we see the gates broken as intended in 1.32. 3. Lets compile what we can in this thread and ill keep him updated since hes a better ear then the CMs on official forums

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Kam responded to hive pm about a new power in lordaeron hipefully we see the gates broken as intended in 1.32. 3. Lets compile what we can in this thread and ill keep him updated since hes a better ear then the CMs on official forums

Does he have a discord server for me to post? Pray tell that's not the same guy who insists chrome app menu is better

Level 14
Does he have a discord server for me to post? Pray tell that's not the same guy who insists chrome app menu is better

No its this guy @Kam

EDIT:

Posting these for easy link access

Broken images for Illidan Inventory and the Mission "A New Power in Lordaeron"

Plus a few lingering Twilight of the Gods bugs

Illidan.png purp Forge.png Purp Class.png Oj Forge.png Oj Class.png Green Forge.png green Class.png Creep Forge.png Creep Class.png invis base.png

ugly tree swap for ruins of dalaran

Minimap Colors are BROKEN Classic uses Reforged Minimap colors Notice ashenvale trees are NOT PURPLE IN CLASSIC yet....
Ruins of dalaran tree forge.png Ruins of Dalaran TREE CLASS.png Minimapcolor.png

Last edited:
Level 3
No its this guy @Kam

EDIT:

View attachment 348207 View attachment 348208 View attachment 348209 View attachment 348210 View attachment 348211 View attachment 348212 View attachment 348213 View attachment 348214 View attachment 348215 View attachment 348216

Minimap Colors are BROKEN Classic uses Reforged Minimap colors Notice ashenvale trees are NOT PURPLE IN CLASSIC yet....
View attachment 348218 View attachment 348219 View attachment 348220

I remember creating a thread in the W3:R forums about those trees.

They didn't bother creating tree models for Ruined Dalaran tileset. Also, cityscape and regular trees are the same whereas in classic they were clearly different, even the ruined ones. In Reforged they're all the same and the specific models for Ruined Dalaran/Ruined Cityscape are missing.

Level 14
You must complete that mission on hard to unlock the Panda.
That seems kind of odd for it being a secret mission with a different gamrplay format and all.

Speaking of pandas Kam

I was somewhat dissappointed that reforged didnt add an item for finding the pandaren relaxation area secret in Path of the Damned Ch2 Digging up the dead where you fight Uther. Just a splash screen like its always been. Woulda been cool for an orb since arthas doesnt get any in his campaign would be nice for the all the air units in dalaran and quelthalas to draw aggro.

- Also the invisible structures are there after he moves his new base to Jainas i reproduced it everytime i tested in 1.32.1 and 1.32.2 and easy telltale sign is you should be able to see they 5 graveyard tombstones still visible. However, this is just nitpicking this doesnt affect the level in the slightest. Only Anetheron failing to spawn for Wave 10s at the first base is the only issue left in the missiong Twilight of the Gods.

-although I've heard many complaints that people wish Anetheron didnt use Detherocs Fat Dreadlord model. I myself dont care for it that much either and would be happy to see him with any of the other ones considering hes climbing a mountain and on the front lines and not a sloth in the way Blizzard described Detheroc when showing off all the dreadlord models and the personalities of those they are attributed too

Consider this as my Red Shirt Guy post hehe

See the below quote from Blizzards "Tales from the Smithy Undead preview"

Tichondrius, Mal’Ganis, Varimathras, and Detheroc (Dread Lord)

Dread Lords are incredibly powerful demons, tasked by Kil’jaeden to watch over the Lich King Ner’zhul.

Warcraft III’s original Dread Lords were differentiated mainly by color. Because Tichondrius, Mal’Ganis, Varimathras, and Detheroc have such varied personalities, the Warcraft III: Reforged art team added a unique model for each one. Tichondrius has an imposing beard and green-tipped horns befitting of his immense power. Scheming Mal’Ganis has a hairless face with a wrinkle for every treachery he’s committed.

“Detheroc seems the schemer of the three brothers,” says Lead Producer Pete Stilwell, “waiting in the wings for opportunity. That sloth over thousands of years resulted in him… putting on a few ‘eL Bees.’”

What about Varimathras?

“Varimathras was the vainglorious brother,” says Pete. “His pride keeps him in shape. Definitely not a demon to skip leg day. There was also a trading card version of him with an exquisite pair of mutton chops that we couldn’t keep off his face.”

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
-although I've heard many complaints that people wish Anetheron didnt use Detherocs Fat Dreadlord model. I myself dont care for it that much either and would be happy to see him with any of the other ones considering hes climbing a mountain and on the front lines and not a sloth in the way Blizzard described Detheroc when showing off all the dreadlord models and the personalities of those they are attributed too

perhaps I should nag Pete Stilwell about the case of missing campaign unique models even further

Compiled list of unique campaign models not yet launched

that's weird, they also said Crypt Lord and "many hero units" will have many skins but it's just Anub'arak atm.

"As with many hero units, multiple Crypt Lord models will be playable in multiplayer."

Last edited:
Level 14
perhaps I should nag Pete Stilwell about the case of missing campaign unique models even further

Compiled list of unique campaign models not yet launched

that's weird, they also said Crypt Lord and "many hero units" will have many skins but it's just Anub'arak atm.

"As with many hero units, multiple Crypt Lord models will be playable in multiplayer."
Whats weird is they said the dk had one model when showing off arthas model and talked about how theres is 2 now with the female dk skin

The melee dk in original had a diff face and runeblade than arthas. Its pretty terrible seeing arthas used as 2 random dks in the TFT night elf finale mission. I guarantee they forgot since they didnt even touch the map since it doesnt contain an iconic city i think its the only mission where undead dont use dreadlord and lich heroes exclusively

Level 9
That is quite vague - would you elaborate?
They are outdated for 2020. For good terrain and trees, I am linking a video from an RTS from 2007:
Hopefully, now you understand what everyone wants from Reforged.

Last edited:
Level 14

The neon green grass is offputting. Go back to my new power in lordaeron gates screenshots as an example.

The old variiations in terrain texture is gone. Its job is done by the foilage slider now however as an RTS with top down view foilage and the grass is a waste of resources. The way they designed reforge makes very little sense.

Also all of reforge feels like it has this grey washed out filter over it compared to classic. I cant be the only one on this and its probably the worst issue affecting the games color.

View attachment 348218 reforged washed out + neon green

View attachment 348219 good old vanilla Wc3

I wish reforged was just an update to the models and shadows and doodads and everything else was left alone , colors, map design ect.

I was hyped for the new missions number one being fall of silvermoon. FINALLY arthas would fight anasterian.

Its sad to say i regret my wishes now. Blizzard would of been better served just replacing the archmages model with anasterian in vanilla and saving themselves the time. What they managed to create in these new maps.

They should be ashamed considering this company under different leadership are the ones the output the sarcraft 2,3,sc1,sc2,d1,d2,d3. RTS Top down map design should be blizzards strong po8nt and it was at its weakest point ever for reforged.

What puzzling is how proud they were to tell the community about their alpha tier silvermoon and dalaran maps as if overuse of custom doodads compensate for the flat, overly wide, barren terrain. It touch on the untested and pathetic AI but i think anyone whos played reforge is aware the AI in Dalaran and Silvermoon is a joke. Or in the case of other maps that are half-forged like a new power in Lordaeron. Just broken and untested.

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33

not terrain or trees but any chance you guys give Sen'jin, Anduin Lothar, Khadgar, Zar'jira, etc. their own models?

this is a little bit "terrain" but we need actual Ashenvale statues and columns like the ruined Highborne buildings or Druidic columns

No its this guy @Kam

EDIT:

View attachment 348207 View attachment 348208 View attachment 348209 View attachment 348210 View attachment 348211 View attachment 348212 View attachment 348213 View attachment 348214 View attachment 348215 View attachment 348216

View attachment 348218 View attachment 348219 View attachment 348220

You know... A New Power in Lordaeron and Dreadlord's Fall definitely should've been Reforged instead. I mean there's literally the Lordaeron map in the opening cinematic, and then there's the BFA trailer cinematic as guide

Last edited:
Level 14
not terrain or trees but any chance you guys give Sen'jin, Anduin Lothar, Khadgar, Zar'jira, etc. their own models?

this is a little bit "terrain" but we need actual Ashenvale statues and columns like the ruined Highborne buildings or Druidic columns

You know... A New Power in Lordaeron and Dreadlord's Fall definitely should've been Reforged instead. I mean there's literally the Lordaeron map in the opening cinematic, and then there's the BFA trailer cinematic as guide

God no

Id rather they add doodads than butcher them like silvermoon and dalaran

Level 9
not terrain or trees
Grubby went to sc2 because of the terrain and trees. A lot of ppl on forums are hating the game due to graphics.
More than 50% of the user reviews on Metacritic are regarding the graphics.
But still, a Blizzard employee does not know what is wrong with terrain and trees lol

Level 20
Grubby went to sc2 because of the terrain and trees. A lot of ppl on forums are hating the game due to graphics.
More than 50% of the user reviews on Metacritic are regarding the graphics.
But still, a Blizzard employee does not know what is wrong with terrain and trees lol
I think the bigger issue is you're unable to articulate in words what's wrong with the trees.

Feedback does not work like "I'll just leave this here" meme posts. If you leave no explicitly actionable things to work with it will NEVER get done, and that's why most feedback the player base offers is terrible and doesn't get anything done.

For comparison's sake, Twilight of the Gods got an actual fix because someone took the time to figure out it was certain mobs costing Food causing a problem that backed up stuff.

Last edited:
Level 9
you're unable to articulate in words
I don't need to. They should know what's wrong with the trees if they have played the game.
User reviews on Metacritic have already explained that. Grubby has already explained that.
And how can the 2007 build of sc2 look better than Reforged?

Level 14
Level 4
Only Anetheron failing to spawn for Wave 10s at the first base is the only issue left in the missiong Twilight of the Gods."

Are you sure? For me he spawned without problem. I tested the mission twice, it seems all the mission breaking issues we pointed out earlier are fixed.

Level 14
People think it's the lightening, hue, saturation of the whole thing when mostly it's the fitting of textures and models together.

Are you sure? For me he spawned without problem. I tested the mission twice, it seems all the mission breaking issues we pointed out earlier are fixed.
Wave 10 when attacking jaina he spawns?

Mighr wanna double check that exact spawn ONLY

That specific wave had issues in 1.32.1 aswell

Im burned out on Wc3 for awhile.

Have you rechecked the lichs on march of scourge yet in 1.32.2

Jaina spawns in by demons be driven now. Previously if you watched the intro she would be absent entire mission. Id say more then likely her cutscene mass teleport spell sends her out of the map in the cutscene if i was taking a wild guess.

It is an a large part why the textures are absolute dogshit is because they thought foliage in a top down rts was a good idea. Foliage is a resource gain to very little gain and doesnt fix the issue of downgraded terrain textures woth minimal variation and blending that existent originally. And then there are the trees. Oh those skinny out of place damn trees. Its the same issue as the campaign mission loading splash screens no? Even those got downgraded and you dont ecen get the old ones back in clasaic.

We do not need to talk about graphics or textures anyway.

An image is worth a thousand words yes?
I think we are all aware of how sad about losing the ico ic 3d backgrounds for the animated stills. But here is where you prove that no one was doing QA.

Why would you replace these

325px-WC3-H01.jpg WC3x-U03.jpg WC3-H09.jpg WC3x-U04.jpg WC3-N07.jpg WC3x-N03.jpg

For this souless shit

warcraft-iii-reforged-campaign-00258.jpg images (2).jpeg warcraft-iii-reforged-campaign-00496.jpg images (1).jpeg hqdefault.jpg images (3).jpeg

Even the race Banners went to shit especially Undead.

I dont know about yall but in the last 20 years i never though. . Man these Wc3 campaign screens are ugly and dated.

Reforge is the kind of game that WOULD not of lasted 18+ years. Especially artistically.

I actually bieve that classic wc3 graphics will stay iconic and timeless while reforged realistic design ages like old milk. Sadly the old client is gone so except for vets who ise work arounds. This iconic version is truly lost to all newcomers.

Last edited:
Level 4
Wave 10 when attacking jaina he spawns?

Fixed

Have you rechecked the lichs on march of scourge yet in 1.32.2

Fixed

March of the Scourge ending cinematic is horrible. Abominations going through Arthas during the battle, at the same time he is not facing Uther in the beginning when Uther tells him not to celebrate yet. I should've screenshot that as well. Also when the caravan infects the second village, the footman says "Prince Arthas, the caravan has infected a second village. What should we do?" but the text on the screen does not display the "What should we do?" part.

I'm also a bit burned out on Warcraft 3 atm. And Reforged's poor state really upset me.

Level 14
Fixed

Fixed

March of the Scourge ending cinematic is horrible. Abominations going through Arthas during the battle, at the same time he is not facing Uther in the beginning when Uther tells him not to celebrate yet. I should've screenshot that as well. Also when the caravan infects the second village, the footman says "Prince Arthas, the caravan has infected a second village. What should we do?" but the text on the screen does not display the "What should we do?" part.

I'm also a bit burned out on Warcraft 3 atm. And Reforged's poor state really upset me.
I wouldnt know. Hell i didnt know the lichs were bugged either when i play hard in classic and especially ez mode reforged the caravan is dead from me the second it leaves the undead base before it even starts the quest 8 mins in.

Then i wipe the map with 10 mins to spare. In classic however its always a race to beat the timer and i have to rush purple after the lichs first attack wave since im still massing u its in classic.

So that bug really never came into play for me pre 1.32.2

Hell in forged i dont need to make a cluster of 10 towers in center of my base to kite undead with 2 riflemen while arthas clears the creeps with the footmen at the start in classic. By time i finsh the last ogres the caravan usually spawns and arthas divine shield solos the necros and wagons then the footmen rush in to clean up to abombs.

In reforged the towers arent even in the equation since i build 0.

Tft balancing does have its perks though. Hyjal feels like a proper finale however i still prefer terrymcdonalds very old enhanced RoC campaigns. As an example his final orc mission the chaos orcs have fortified towers, wyverns and you face a very op mannoroth that can wipe a 100/100 army and your level 15 heroes quickly. Yes 15. And you gotta beat him before you can soul gem grom. Then you go to a boss arena to fight him vs thrall then grom for part 2 solo.

Or groms lumber mission each base has a lvl 6 priestess of moon and there is a Imba treant boss in the top center.

The trueshot aura and starfall really ups the difficulty curb and most missions get this kind of difficulty bump.

If custom campaigns open ill just play these in place of the deforged campaign so i wont have to touch the disaster of silvermoon and dalaran again.

Or i can play all of them prologue with ALL missions up to tft scourge finale with a campaign someone released on reddit in january where the campaign uses 1.31.1 balance in campaign so you get stuff like sundered blades for knights. That will give the optimal TFT experience since the reforged edition RUINED all the blood elf campaign maps until you hit outland.

Wish we had option 3 in the game menu. CLASSIC CAMPAIGN but HD assets. Ill just overwrite the silvermoon archmage with Anasterian and call it a day then.

Campaign tech stays the same overall in the 1.31.1 balanced campaign i finished it in january right before reforged and i was bug free from what i could tell. The only u dont get units earlier or batriders or anything you wouldnt normally get but u get stuff like taurens having their weaker pulverise as a base. And shops. Shops are nice so you can finally give arthas a goddamn orb in path of the damned haha and the map dropped or wuest reward fire orbs are the old school 10 damage ones. The shop ones are the new healing debuff ones. So that was kinda cool. Make the Serinox blackrock and roll quest pretty good giving arthas 10 attack damage and 10 splash.

And 9n that version in march of the scourge i wiped attempting to knock out green base so its not reforged easy mode.

Keep in mind in 1.31.1 abombs have 1175 hp not 1080 or something and necros in scourge of lordaeron get access to skeletal mages.

Air units that should use magic damage gryfs frostwyrms ect have it in the 1.31.1 version which makes massing wyrms..... troublesome in blackrock and roll too! Since red dragons are um.... immune

Edit.

Lastly

I at didnt think the quake mechanic on the final TFT mission at the frozen throne would be hard infact i knew it would make it easier and it does. Iusually only build wyrms so my base is small. I let illidan take left and right then i fortify the bottom. And just kite his flyers over the tower cluster. If u take 2 obelisks back to back. Which is simple it will explode all of illidans food and his 30+towers making destroying his base a breeze. The fact it hurts his allies who are easily killed is a bonus and your damage should be minimal.

His entire base town hall and all will explode if you do this trade with him.

Kill illidan. Retake right. Take left. Take center retake right after illidan recaptures it. Boom no more illidan base.

Otherwise without quake destroying his base is single handedly the most difficult thing to do in the entire game since he buolds to counter your units and your heroes cannt get to his base

Id imagine the original developers had the foresight to know thi . Hence why it was disabled. Since with no food illidan wont be able to rebuuld his escort after you take 2 pillars quickly.

Its the same resson they made the march of the scourge undead bases bigger than balnazzars damn base or why they made the purple base in stratholm has 16towers they would melt your range damage vulnerable knights. Destroying these bases should be nigh impossible or suicide. Seems the reforged team didnt get the memo on how to make an RTS map.

EDIT

EDIT

THE CULLING 1.32.2 REFORGED

well well well
it would appear blizzard might of overheard my or someone elses insults towards the culling.

The rumors are true when purple units touch the gates to their base they port to the west or the east of your base. also I think more towers are in purple now and they added some houses and some rock ground around mal'ganis altar so you can no longer Tower farm him to death meaning he will beable to teleport into the city and continue culling.

actually i just had purple chase my knights out of their base. they auto port the second they hit the threshold. Might be an easy way to empty purple base ontop some towers in the base before wiping it out. Ill have to see what i can accomplish :)

I For one APPLAUD the added pressure from purple and Malgnis making this mission the race it needed to be.
maybe we should give Silvermoon and Dalaran and looksy in 1.32.2

Im actually impressed at this change though. and i mean lets be honest people are crying that it's impossible HAHAHAHAHA

i bet they never experienced Tomoraider, Turno, or Shar Dundreds campaigns.

Now THATS hard mode hahaha.
WC3ScrnShot_030320_104106_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_030320_105011_001.png

EDIT: SILVERMOON OVERSIGHT DISCOVERED / BUG
If you fail the messenger quest Silvermoon should attack.... which is just the small green base. Big problem however. Their Foodcap is 45......... since they only have 3 buildings so they can't really send anything to attack you anyway.

I discovered this watching them train a Dragonhawk rider which would never finish. even with Warpten on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.