• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reforged code is broken lazy mess. Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
they more then likely will NEVER change the campaigns as they are now. We have sen their handiwork 1.28-1.31.1

safe to say the game got a new washed out skin and the gameplay got deforged

To all custom campaign and giant map creators.

I dont know about you but how often these guys break shit. id just stick with Classic

@OutsiderXE @Shar Dundred

Level 8
How can people fix the campaign without the custom campaign function though?

And I haven't tried the campaign on classic setting using Reforged game client yet. Is it the same as the old one (i.e. not broken) but with updated graphics? Because that would actually be a lot better... LOL!

Level 14
ive narrowed everything down on Hyjal finally

First things first the Third base if hardest. Never knew that. just destroy both mains for the allies and sit in the third base if u want the hardest Hyjal experience.. especially in reforge.

This got me to 784 kills but 22 hero kills still below the 29 avg... for one reason.. Rage winterchill just would not rez at all. Even on the double waves. and i know what the unit comp is for which hero should spawn at this point. u hear the altar go off twice.. but only Azgalor.

Anetheron has an interesting wave for his first attack at third base in Reforge and classic i never knew about.. he will come at you with 2 doom guards and 8 infernals + his 3 summoned ones OOF its i believe the 4th wave.
Anetherons AND Rage refuse to spawn from The start demon base

They might spawn and attack once maybe twice but then they are never seen again unless u base jump.

Anetheron and Azgalor were consistent the entire time in third base. I believe ever wave had a hero.

So something is wrong maybe they are invisible maybe they the triggers are broken, Between this, Archimonde being a blank spawn with nothing, and the Invisible starter base. I'm now fully confident that Hyjal is a mess in Reforge.

Again if u WANT the best experience your best off killing your allies mains immediately to restore at least one of the enemy heroes.

a day and a half. my curiosity on this mission is sated.

Level 2
On some point after playing another mission, I've just became curious if there a non-cheats validation for campaigns, since there are a rewards that show that player have completed campaign on normal or even nerfed "hard" difficulty.
Expected thing, I remember you can't have a proper record in old game like Heroes of MnM 3 if you were using built-in cheat-codes.

Well, there it is. Portraits devalued. Definitely there was no time to program validation during rushed release
87UJYSqrymU.jpg

Level 28
I understand (from a different perspective). I used to work in level design and got so many reports, but I had to decline many for many reasons: unfinishd concept/design would be changed anyway, not a priority. At one point I got offered by the QA to have the stuff fixed, but I had to decline - can't have others do my job for me. So many things change during development, but the important thing is that the product is clean in the end.

Level 14
apparently Classic users cant unlock Rexxar campaign after beating legeacy of the Damned the fact Rexxar campaign is even behind a wall of 7 campaigns is retarded enough.

They were also too lazy to add the murloc prologue missions to the classic campaign.

@glebosaur

not only that if u hit the refresh button to start the campaigns over and clear all those checkpoints and unlocked missions portairs reset too.
You dont need to waste money on QA if you can push update globally and wait for responses from players

Or have Bethesda's motto

"the players will fix it"

Last edited:
Level 14
You mean there are only two maps of exodus if you would just switch graphics? :peasant-shocked:
its not a graphics switcher

the campaigns are entirely different balanced and dedsigned

Reforged is more often then not worse
The new maps are a play once and be dissappointed experience for the most part since these people are not RTS developers

also i mean beteween 1.28 - Now has it taken these clowns LONGER To break and outsource a reskin then it took to MAKE the fucking game and its expansion?

also YES classic they didnt put the missions in even though the reforge version of the 5th one is a joke and completely gutted from the original. a pretty valid reason to INCLUDE the classic one id say. but to be fair it does resemble a tutorial far more now. which i beleive was the intention there so it didn't both me the way this whole Hyjal Fiasco has.

rofl

"""""""""""""HYJAL BRUTAL"""""""""""""""""

difficulty mode discovered

Steps
1 - Destroy Orc Main
2- Destroy Human main
3- Defend against 2 Bases that send Waves at you now

Base 2 gets stuck on base 3 units rallying and leave with them plenty of times. Heroes will only build from Base 2 if this is done. Rage winterchill still like all bases will spawn twice then NEVER again.

Waves merged now consist of a hero fiends / necros / banshees/ and about 6 infernals / 8 doom guards and depending on wave probably 5 frosy wyrms and 8 felhounds.

HYJAL HOW IT WAS MENT TO BE muwhahahahah

Gonna play this later was afk observing seeing how it would play out.

Are you afraid of this attack wave merge? Looks absolutely impossible

WC3ScrnShot_020620_071642_001.png

Last edited:
Level 4
the broke kael'thas

you cant siphon mana to your own units.

That has always been the case, long before Reforged. I think it has something to do with Siphon Mana initially not being able to trasnfer mana to friendly units until a certain TFT patch. And Blizzard forgot to edit the campaign maps to enable the option for transferring mana to your own units under gameplay constants after it.

Also, I replayed A Symphony of Frost and Flame. Found a bug: the music (Arthas theme) does not play during the opening cinematic when I replay the mission. It was fine when I played it for the fist time, but now it just won't play, even though I have music turned on and set to 100% volume. And I was actually able to beat Illidan using my old classic strategy. I just had to micro my Frost Wyrms better. I also took out Kael's base this time.

Level 14
thats not a lot of Coutle he has about 4X that amount when im running around with 14 frost wyrms
and thats ALL he has with him lol the only way to fight him is to let him come to your obelisk that at sound that you have 30 towers compacted together and u just kite the coutl across the death field.

no repair bill and no lost units :D

Level 4
thats not a lot of Coutle he has about 4X that amount when im running around with 14 frost wyrms
and thats ALL he has with him lol the only way to fight him is to let him come to your obelisk that at sound that you have 30 towers compacted together and u just kite the coutl across the death field.

no repair bill and no lost units :D

I have only 6 Frost Wyrms. My army composition consists of:
  • Arthas
  • Anub'arak
  • 3-4 Crypt Fiends
  • 4-6 Abominations
  • 6 Forst Wyrms
  • 1-2 Meat Wagons
With the new earthquake trigger I think it would be next to impossible to maintain the towers for the kiting strategy. If not repaired, a Ziggurat gets destroyed after 2 obelisks. :D

Level 4
I also replayed March of the Scourge since I remembered there was something off about it. The Undeads did not send their Liches to attack me. Not even at the end when they have to send all their forces towards my base.

Level 14
The apparently removed all the succubus models in beta > live

what the fuck are they doing at blizzard

https://i.imgur.com/QKOiJbf.png

Add the Ruins of Dalaran mission where u fight illidan for the Eye of Sargeras as another Deforged map remake disaster.

they remade the map and it looks like shit.

"DeReforged Quality maps"
The Culling
Fall of Silvermoon
Dalaran

Maps Ruined by Deforging and remade because it contais DDAAAAAALLLARAN

Under the Burning Sky
Misconceptions
Dark Covenant
Dungeons of Dalaran
Ruins of Dalaran

Make sure you check all those TFT missions listed. It's sad and hilarious.

WC3ScrnShot_020620_195936_001.png Reforged high quality!!!!!!

WC3ScrnShot_020620_195737_02.png the INFERIOR Wc3!!!!!

check minimaps for layout. note the trees and lack of details in reforged. AND OPEN SPACE

Also seriously WHAT IS UP with reforge and this GREY FILTER on the entire game when zoomed out.
like that makes the models not even worth it.

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Also, pointing out that the new map script is a MESS, if you open the editor in the Dalaran Invasion mission that was remaked (and also have a TERRIBLE terrain), you can see they are using lazy coding in the attack triggers.

I noticed this because after the first wave attacked my base and died I revived them with Arthas ultimate order to attack back and the moment they enter in a region they were ordered to attack move to my base.

They forgot to account for Arthas ultimate when coding this.

This is the trigger:

View attachment 346330

A professional software engineer chose to copy-paste the same code over and over rather than refactor it out into a method, or even better building a system around it. Now when a bug is found they need to go and fix the code in 20 different places rather than one. It wouldn't have even taken more time to create an Array of Regions that are the waypoints and code a single method to handle it.

I feel that's a great summary of the quality of work that went into this project.

Level 14
Here is another from a Dark covenant

Again check the minimap for Reforges trademark trash map redesign for now reason other then to make a bunch of OPEN WASTED WORTHLESS SPACE

the entire right section of the map is empty like is always was anyway

WC3ScrnShot_020620_202822_01.png a Map designed by the Legendary RTS developers at Blizzard once upon a time

WC3ScrnShot_020620_202710_001.png Reforge edits by the Classic Team

A request

Could SOMEONE Make a custom Campaign with all the OLD campaigns from Classic UNTOUCHED and FIXED aka re add Tyrandes inventory they broke ect.

so at least IF custom campaigns are added we can play the REAL campaign with the """""improved""""" graphics and not the reforged downgrade bugged campaign.

10/10 RPG/RTS map design
WC3ScrnShot_020620_204712_01.png
lol new and improved
WC3ScrnShot_020620_204750_001.png

Last edited:
Level 8
The hiveworkshop has been loading extremely slowly for me lately. Is anyone else having this issue?

Like... I can't get those images to load and even this page, which I can see, is still stuck loading and saying "Transferring data from www.hiveworkshop.com..."

I am not having any other connectivity issues with other sites or with games so it's not my internet on my side. Never had an issue with the hive in the past that I can recall, but this has been going on since yesterday.

Level 8

Again check the minimap for Reforges trademark trash map redesign for now reason other then to make a bunch of OPEN WASTED WORTHLESS SPACE

View attachment 346517 a Map designed by the Legendary RTS developers at Blizzard once upon a time

View attachment 346518 Reforge edits by the Classic Team

A request

Could SOMEONE Make a custom Campaign with all the OLD campaigns from Classic UNTOUCHED and FIXED aka re add Tyrandes inventory they broke ect.

so at least IF custom campaigns are added we can play the REAL campaign with the """""improved""""" graphics and not the reforged downgrade bugged campaign.

10/10 RPG/RTS map design
View attachment 346519
lol new and improved
View attachment 346520

Sorry, I am having some technical difficulties. Anyway, glad to see someone other than me is very unhappy with the changes to the mission 1 and 2 of the blood elf campaign. I don't personally mind the changes to mission 3 AS MUCH because it isn't literally empty and I understand what they were going for (trying to make it resemble the violet hold/overall Dalaran design), but mission 1 and 2 are just absolutely unacceptable garbage.

I am extremely disappointed. These were some of my favorite missions in the original campaign and they really did butcher them.

Level 20
The hiveworkshop has been loading extremely slowly for me lately. Is anyone else having this issue?
1) I have it too, almost exactly as you described - sometimes the site just seems to go into a slow mode and all threads/images/whatever load slowly, only to in a couple of minutes load perfectly fine, but...

2) This is the correct forum for reporting similar issues: Site Discussion (personally, I don't mind it enough).

3) Edit button, man :D

Level 20

They removed all the whip ones in the last beta build, but not the bikini models (Vile Tormentor and Vile Temptress). I still have the last beta build so I at least extracted those for posterity....

The weird thing about removing the whip girls is the Night Elf Warden still has one.

Level 4

I have all the campaign maps unedited, including Rexxar campaign with all the submaps in it, extracted and sitting inside a folder on my desktop for the past 8 years. But I don't think I have the campaign scripts extracted for each mission. I can send them if you want? They are not built into a campaign though.

Also I was finally able to edit Illidan's AI script to force him to spam Royal Guards LMAO
Since this is the old map with the old triggers and cinematics, I found out the opening cinematic is a lot better than the Reforged one. The camera work is superior. Except when it shows Illidan from the bottom up, the sky looks bad but that's because of Reforged graphics.

Level 14
They removed all the whip ones in the last beta build, but not the bikini models (Vile Tormentor and Vile Temptress). I still have the last beta build so I at least extracted those for posterity....

The weird thing about removing the whip girls is the Night Elf Warden still has one.

Does the removal of the flamethrower orc affect your mech army for ayame in WoS?

Level 13

But that just doesn't make any sense. If they were inapropriate for the Chi....teens, wouldn't they just disable those models in the Chi....teen mode, and leave them as they are in the adult mode. It's how they've done it with the Undead. Furthermore, two standing datamined Malfurion models are also missing, as well as datamined standing Tyrande, and datamined Maiev's Avatar of Vengence, and I see absolutely no reason for these to be inappropriate for the Chi....teens.
While I do see some changes for the Chi....teen market, like Slave Master renamed to Warlord, those aren't that big changes, but removing the whole models, come on, I don't think that they would do that. Especially cause there is a Chi...teen filter for appropriate/inappropriate models.

Level 20
But that just doesn't make any sense. If they were inapropriate for the Chi....teens, wouldn't they just disable those models in the Chi....teen mode, and leave them as they are in the adult mode. It's how they've done it with the Undead. Furthermore, two standing datamined Malfurion models are also missing, as well as datamined standing Tyrande, and datamined Maiev's Avatar of Vengence, and I see absolutely no reason for these to be inappropriate for the Chi....teens.
While I do see some changes for the Chi....teen market, like Slave Master renamed to Warlord, those aren't that big changes, but removing the whole models, come on, I don't think that they would do that. Especially cause there is a Chi...teen filter for appropriate/inappropriate models.
You're assuming they're doing that to appease China instead of Bible-thumping Grannies (which is the reason why the WoW succubi got censored prior to its initial release).

Level 13
You're assuming they're doing that to appease China instead of Bible-thumping Grannies (which is the reason why the WoW succubi got censored prior to its initial release).
WoW succubuses still have wips and domino looks Sayaad
And I think in a game where there are fish people, bear men, amazon elves, light elementals, clerical sects worshiping demons, etc....... The Bible doesn't exactely play a role to anyone.

Level 5

View attachment 346517 a Map designed by the Legendary RTS developers at Blizzard once upon a time

View attachment 346518 Reforge edits by the Classic Team

A request

10/10 RPG/RTS map design
View attachment 346519
lol new and improved
View attachment 346520

There is more:

Undead invasion of Dalaran: holes as pathing blockers.

upload_2020-2-7_13-12-14.png

Undead invasion of Silvermoon: uses the same trees copypasted not just in one place, there's more copypasted trees in this map. I think they also do this in the first attack of Quel'Thalas even in the cinematic.

upload_2020-2-7_13-4-36.png

Last edited:
Level 20
WoW succubuses still have wips and domino looks Sayaad
And I think in a game where there are fish people, bear men, amazon elves, light elementals, clerical sects worshiping demons, etc....... The Bible doesn't exactely play a role to anyone.
You weren't around for the D&D hysteria, were you? (the old Dead Alewives skit was made famous by it)

Even that page has the old Succubus models pictured on it-- compare them to what made it to Live.

Last edited:
Level 4
Anybody knows where are the new music files for the Reforged music that played throughout the campaign? I don't find them in the Sound Editor. Also I think RoC and TFT main themes have been removed from there? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Level 13
You weren't around for the D&D hysteria, were you? (the old Dead Alewives skit was made famous by it)

Even that page has the old Succubus models pictured on it-- compare them to what made it to Live.
Nope, have no idea what you're talking about. xD
You mean this old model:
QLPZ6Ou4Xpzxot-V1fpOaytHlMKx_2xRVJRjkFcmy7s.jpg
Honestly the current one looks far more "dominatrix", if you get what I mean.

Last edited:
Level 8
I like the new Dalaran mission (when you attack as Arthas I mean), but it obviously needs a lot of work and polish. I also don't like the balancing. Everything in Reforged seems really badly balanced.

I guess what I mean is that I like the IDEA (such as the council mages bonus objective and increasing the number of mages for the main objective and having Antonidas as a boss fight), but I don't like that it's an unfinished early alpha version of the map.

Level 14
What sad is we have blood elf building assets on hive. This is the best reforged team could do for silvermoon is sad.

I prefer tomoraidera interpretation far more

Also yes reforged team i think call8ng them classic team the way they are treating classic in reforged is an insult to people who have played for almost 20 years

Level 20
Either way the Succubus isn't really related to that as it was a euphemism to wet dreams (which means you're not really getting some, but the implication is it's "sinful behavior").

Level 4
After testing Twilight of the Gods (Hard) again and examining the old AI script, it seems that the AI is behaving properly. In terms of waves, I came to the conclusion that they haven't changed much if anything at all in the script. If my examination of it is correct, the interval between each wave should be 75 seconds by default, unless additional time is added between certain waves. Here is what each wave consists of:
TARGET = JAINA'S BASE

NOTE: the amount of Meat Wagons the AI sends, depends on the amount of Ancient Protectors the player has although I think there is more to it.

1st wave:
  • 10 Ghouls
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
2nd wave:
  • 12 Ghouls
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
3rd Wave (Jaina special):
  • 8 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
4th Wave (Jaina Special):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Banshees
  • 3 Abomination
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
Additional 20 seconds pause before the next wave here.

5th Wave:
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 9 Gargoyles
  • 2 Doom Guards
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
6th Wave:
  • 8 Gargoyles
  • 5 Frost Wyrms
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
Additional 30 seconds pause before the next wave here.

7th Wave (Jaina special - the same as 3rd Wave but with a Dreadlord):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 8 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
8th Wave (Jaina special - the same as 4th Wave):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Banshees
  • 3 Abomination
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
From here on, until Jaina's base is destroyed, the next 3 final waves are repeated.

9th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

10th Wave:
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 5 Abominations
  • 3 Infernals
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

11th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 4 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 5 Felhounds
  • 3 Infernals
  • 4 Doom Guards
  • 3 Meat Wagons at least
  • NOTE: the script also calls for a Lich hero here, but Rage Winterchill does not show up. The weird thing is the way the Lich is called by the function inside the script for this particular wave, so that might be the reason why he doesn't get revived and participate.
And back to Wave 9. Since the next wave is Wave 9, Azgalor probably won't be alive for it or will still be alive in Jaina's base and fighting.

TARGET = THRALL'S BASE

1st wave:
  • 10 Ghouls
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
2nd wave:
  • 12 Ghouls
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
3rd Wave (Thrall special):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 7 Abominations
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Meat Wagons at least
4th Wave (Thrall special):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least

5th Wave:
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 9 Gargoyles
  • 2 Doom Guards
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
6th Wave:
  • 8 Gargoyles
  • 5 Frost Wyrms
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more

7th Wave (Thrall special - the same as Wave 4):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
8th Wave (Thrall special - the same as Wave 3):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 7 Abominations
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Meat Wagons at least
From here on, until Thrall's base is destroyed, the next 3 final waves are repeated.

9th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

10th Wave:
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 5 Abominations
  • 3 Infernals
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

11th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 4 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 5 Felhounds
  • 3 Infernals
  • 4 Doom Guards
  • 3 Meat Wagons at least
  • NOTE: the script also calls for a Lich hero here, but Rage Winterchill does not show up. The weird thing is the way the Lich is called by the function inside the script for this particular wave, so that might be the reason why he doesn't get revived and participate.
And back to Wave 9. Since the next wave is Wave 9, Azgalor probably won't be alive for it or will still be alive in Thrall's base and fighting.

TARGET = TYRANDE AND MALFURION'S BASE (THE PLAYER)

1st wave:
  • 10 Ghouls
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
2nd wave:
  • 12 Ghouls
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
Additional 40 seconds pause before the next wave here.

3rd Wave:
  • 8 Gargoyles
  • 5 Frost Wyrms
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least

5th Wave (Tyrande and Malfurion special):
  • 6 Ghouls
  • 4 Necromancers
  • 7 Abominations
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least
6th Wave (Tyrande and Malfurion special):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 8 Infernals
  • 2 Doom Guards

7th Wave (Jaina special):
  • 8 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
8th Wave (Jaina Special):
  • 10 Banshees
  • 3 Abomination
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more

9th Wave (Thrall special):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 7 Abominations
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Meat Wagons at least
10th Wave (Thrall special):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
From here on, until the player's base is destroyed, the next 3 final waves are repeated, but NOTE: unlike before, this time there are no additional pauses between them.

11th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least
12th Wave:
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 5 Abominations
  • 3 Infernals
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least
13th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 4 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 5 Felhounds
  • 3 Infernals
  • 4 Doom Guards
  • 3 Meat Wagons at least

And back to Wave 11. Since the next wave is Wave 11, Azgalor probably won't be alive for it or will still be alive in the player's base and fighting.

Now that doesn't mean that the mission is working the way it used to. I believe Rage Winterchill should show up in the final Wave along with Azgalor (if he's alive). But there's more to it. It seems Anetheron's Rain of Chaos ability is summoning only 2 Infernals. He also doesn't cast Sleep on Malfurion while channeling Tranquility. Don't know about Tyrande since I had Necklace of Spell Immunity on her. Other things I noticed - Banshees are almost never casting Anti-Magic Shell. They used to spam that all the time whenever there's a Banshee wave.
Archimonde is also level 1 instead of level 10. He doesn't use any abilities at all.
And lastly - TFT game ruleset which is definitely in favor of the player, making things easier.

Level 2
Eh, I'm a christian myself and I'm aware of the DnD moral panic that happened, but I really doubt that sort of thing is relevant to changes or censorship done in Reforged, especially in this day and age. I mean, at least you could speculate that they are changing things for China for reasons we all have heard, but what old granny is holding anything anything over blizzards head? lol

ps I love WoS

Level 14
After testing Twilight of the Gods (Hard) again and examining the old AI script, it seems that the AI is behaving properly. In terms of waves, I came to the conclusion that they haven't changed much if anything at all in the script. If my examination of it is correct, the interval between each wave should be 75 seconds by default, unless additional time is added between certain waves. Here is what each wave consists of:
TARGET = JAINA'S BASE

NOTE: the amount of Meat Wagons the AI sends, depends on the amount of Ancient Protectors the player has although I think there is more to it.

1st wave:
  • 10 Ghouls
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
2nd wave:
  • 12 Ghouls
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
3rd Wave (Jaina special):
  • 8 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
4th Wave (Jaina Special):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Banshees
  • 3 Abomination
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
Additional 20 seconds pause before the next wave here.

5th Wave:
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 9 Gargoyles
  • 2 Doom Guards
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
6th Wave:
  • 8 Gargoyles
  • 5 Frost Wyrms
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more

7th Wave (Jaina special - the same as 3rd Wave but with a Dreadlord):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 8 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
8th Wave (Jaina special - the same as 4th Wave):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Banshees
  • 3 Abomination
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
From here on, until Jaina's base is destroyed, the next 3 final waves are repeated.

9th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

10th Wave:
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 5 Abominations
  • 3 Infernals
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

11th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 4 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 5 Felhounds
  • 3 Infernals
  • 4 Doom Guards
  • 3 Meat Wagons at least
And back to Wave 9. Since the next wave is Wave 9, Azgalor probably won't be alive for it or will still be alive in Jaina's base and fighting.

TARGET = THRALL'S BASE

1st wave:
  • 10 Ghouls
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
2nd wave:
  • 12 Ghouls
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
3rd Wave (Thrall special):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 7 Abominations
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Meat Wagons at least
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least

5th Wave:
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 9 Gargoyles
  • 2 Doom Guards
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
6th Wave:
  • 8 Gargoyles
  • 5 Frost Wyrms
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more

7th Wave (Thrall special - the same as Wave 4):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
8th Wave (Thrall special - the same as Wave 3):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 7 Abominations
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Meat Wagons at least
From here on, until Thrall's base is destroyed, the next 3 final waves are repeated.

9th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

10th Wave:
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 5 Abominations
  • 3 Infernals
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least

11th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 4 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 5 Felhounds
  • 3 Infernals
  • 4 Doom Guards
  • 3 Meat Wagons at least
And back to Wave 9. Since the next wave is Wave 9, Azgalor probably won't be alive for it or will still be alive in Thrall's base and fighting.

TARGET = TYRANDE AND MALFURION'S BASE (THE PLAYER)

1st wave:
  • 10 Ghouls
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
2nd wave:
  • 12 Ghouls
  • 7 Crypt Fiends
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least

3rd Wave:
  • 8 Gargoyles
  • 5 Frost Wyrms
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least

5th Wave (Tyrande and Malfurion special):
  • 6 Ghouls
  • 4 Necromancers
  • 7 Abominations
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least
6th Wave (Tyrande and Malfurion special):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 8 Infernals
  • 2 Doom Guards

7th Wave (Jaina special):
  • 8 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
8th Wave (Jaina Special):
  • 10 Banshees
  • 3 Abomination
  • 0 Meat Wagons or more

9th Wave (Thrall special):
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 7 Abominations
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Meat Wagons at least
10th Wave (Thrall special):
  • Lich Rage Winterchill
  • 10 Necromancers
  • 6 Abominations
  • 1 Meat Wagon at least
From here on, until the player's base is destroyed, the next 3 final waves are repeated, but NOTE: unlike before, this time there are no additional pauses between them.

11th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 7 Felhounds
  • 3 Doom Guards
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least
12th Wave:
  • Dreadlord Anetheron
  • 6 Crypt Fiends
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 3 Banshees
  • 5 Abominations
  • 3 Infernals
  • 2 Meat Wagons at least
13th Wave:
  • Pit Lord Azgalor
  • 3 Necromancers
  • 4 Banshees
  • 3 Frost Wyrms
  • 5 Felhounds
  • 3 Infernals
  • 4 Doom Guards
  • 3 Meat Wagons at least

And back to Wave 11. Since the next wave is Wave 11, Azgalor probably won't be alive for it or will still be alive in the player's base and fighting.

Now that doesn't mean that the mission is working the way it used to. I believe Rage Winterchill should show up in the final Wave along with Azgalor (if he's alive). But there's more to it. It seems Anetheron's Rain of Chaos ability is summoning only 2 Infernals. He also doesn't cast Sleep on Malfurion while channeling Tranquility. Don't know about Tyrande since I had Necklace of Spell Immunity on her. Other things I noticed - Banshees are almost never casting Anti-Magic Shell. They used to spam that all the time whenever there's a Banshee wave.
Archimonde is also level 1 instead of level 10. He doesn't use any abilities at all.
And lastly - TFT game ruleset which is definitely in favor of the player, making things easier.

Could you forward this to blizzard.

This explains his 2 appearances then his only other appearance is the wave 11 ultimate thats why ive been not seeing hin

Also you forgot on archimode to denote that he has no items either. Most important of which was his ankh.

Im fairly sure the double hero wave bugs him out until you move to a new base and reset the script

Also there is no way tft ruleset makes it easier

First off doom lords , felhounds, and infernals dont take 150% ranged damage from hipps. And hipps do 30 not 37 top end damage in tft ruleset. And when you count trueshot aura ito it hipps do roughly 3/5 their normal damage vs RoC

Perhaps them removing rage winterchill was intentional

Mass hipps has always by far been the easiest thing to full clear the level with

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.