1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Realm Of Nosgoth v11 Blood Omen Edition

Submitted by Melshisedek1
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A teaser I made with VideoPad Video Editor of the Soul Reaver Era. (I will hopefully have time to make some quests for those Soul Reaver games in future updates, but it will only sum up the story as those games are way to vast and large for a single map.)

UPDATE 11

1- In singleplayer: I made a trigger so Azimuth won't leave the cathedral in the Avernus quest.

2- In multiplayer: Fixed the issue that the Magic Towers did not change ownership in the King of the Castle main quest.

3- In general : I changed the classification text GIANT found on villagers and critters for COMMONER since this is simply a classification I added so the doors triggers won't always activate from a commoner passing by.

UPDATE 10.1 : MAJOR BUG FIX in singleplayer

1- In singleplayer I fixed the issue of invisible barriers not being removed after defeating the bossess in Dark eden and Avernus Cathedral. Thanks to member fantocan for letting me know about that major issue to complete further quests.

2- Made it so that only heroes trigger cameras so they won't always be activated by the Pack horse or any other player owned units.

3- Made a Escape option to skip the first long Sarafan cinematic (Especially if you are replaying the quest). it is a lot of work to reprogram some trigger events, so I will only do this for this cinematic.

4- Made some camera triggers more long to turn back on to prevent multiple activation.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The single player has all the Blood Omen game quests. The first few quest are imagined during the Sarafan inquisition of vampires. Then the quest follow the Blood Omen game and even have copied and paste texts from the original game script.

See this website for text script

Nosgothic Realm - Blood Omen - Script

The map should work with the 1.20 TFT patch and later.

This REALM OF NOSGOTH WC3 map is the most recent version up to date of this map. By the way Nosgoth universe is very similar to medieval so it blends well with WC3 so I left some items from WC3 because anyways you cannot by stuff in the LOK games. But I also did the items from the LOK games.

The MULTIPLAYER can be played alone because there are bots. I also included a save system to save your level and equipment if you play online.

This map is a working version and adaptation inspired from the Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver game saga. There are many custom models and the map is vast and detailed. Fans from the game should enjoy and get the feel from the LOK Soul Reaver univers. The game plays in multiplayer with elements of AOS and RPG. The single player campaign mode is still in development, but you can play a few quest.

I will hopefully have time to make some quests for those Soul Reaver games in future updates, but it will only sum up the story as those games are way to vast and large for a single map. I will make a trigger so you can choose to play the story without replaying Blood Omen.

Also if you want to see videos of the original game saga story see this link

I wish you have some fun and let me know about it!

CREDITS

Special thanks

A special thanks to Tenebis who remodeled and skinned the Kain BO, Kain SR and the Raziel SR models. His detailed models gave me the idea to make this map and gives us that Legacy of Kain in Warcraft 3 feeling.

Like many fans of the Legacy of Kain game series, I am very grateful for that wonderfully rich series of games. The first game was developed by Silicon Knights and published by Crystal Dynamics, the latter additions were developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Eidos Interactive.

Of course like always, a very big thanks to the Blizzard team that gave us a very user-friendly Map Editor for our enjoyment. Not only has it prolonged the life span of a great game, but also it gave to many of us the possibility to unleash our creativity.

MODELS

Many thanks to all those modelers and skinners from which I got all the custom skins and models. (If I forgot your name, I am sorry about it).

Sellenisko, bisnar13, Amigurumi, Kitabatake, HappyTauren, Illidan(Evil)X, Ergius, Tranquil, Blood Raven, Shadow_killer, Fingolfin, Horn, Buster, -=Emergenzy=-, Frankster, PROXY, WhiteDeath, -Grendel, Gottfrei, Vermillion Edict, Dionesiist, Mc !, Kino, SantoRayo[iP], JetFangInferno, Ikillforeyou, Skipper, N00byStance, Leeroy, Hamsta, Daelin, xXm0rpH3usXx, Ket Golosov, Nasrudin, Whitehorn, Rao Dao Zao, Mike, Usedwell, Reinless, republicola, Sunchips, Mr. Bob, ArchonClock / Archonian / Grey Archon, Dan van Ohllus, inico, Ampharos_222, WhiteDeath, chilla_killa, Tarrasque, Radagast, Dan van Ohllus, Thrikodius, eubz, hellblazer-14, Vermillion Edict, Sellenisko, Malvodion, JetFangInferno, Infrisios, Uncle Fester, Mythic, perfjert, Chilla_Killa, Mechanical Man, Chriz, Blood Raven, JB_McKnight, HerrDave, Bloody_Turds, Thrikodius, Mike, Ujimasa Hojo, Freddyk, Felipe Gormadoc, Direfury, General Frank, Stefan.K, Geries, Astaroth Zion, Fingolfin, sunwarrior25, Himperion, FrancK.

SKINS

67chrome, Daenar7, Darkfang, Mr.Goblin, FrIkY, EvilYardGnome, Olofmoleman, Dionesiist, IrBat, GAniksdal, Pins, Caeyra, Dentothor, Ampharos_222, Hueter, antihero, Sin'dorei300,Daenar7, Lord_Darkblade, Pins.

MUSIC

Original music from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain game. The specific music track is titled "Awakening".

ICON

Patrick Johnson (image for Human Kain), Sin'dorei300, NFWar, Kimbo, Marcos, Thrikodius, PeeKay, DABJollyD, -BerZeKeR-, NO-Bloody-Name, Christoph, Paladon, 67chrome, s0fus-snk, CaseyD2K, dasawah, TSG-Arakara, Stanley, GooS, kola, nangeyi, yshumin, -Berz-, S.Dentatus, Mr.Goblin, Sin'dorei300, NelsonLaJe, Warcrafty, Eagle XI, kangyun,Kuhneghetz, loktar.

WEBSITES

For Warcraft3

HIVE

Wc3C.net - Warcraft III modding, models, art, spells and code!

Warcraft III World Editor, Warcraft III Map Making Tutorials, Warcraft III Scripting, Warcraft III Maps - World-Editor-Tutorials.thehelper.net

http://saga.samods.org/wc3models/doodads.html

For Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver Game Series

Legacy of Kain: Dark Chronicle

Legacy of Kain Wiki

Nosgothic Realm - A Legacy of Kain Fan Site

Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds

TOOLS

Jass New Gen pack v2.07, War3 Model Editor v1.07, Warcraft 3 Viewer v2.3c, MdlVis (Vertex Editor), W3IR (Icon Editor), Wc3 Map Optimizer v4.4 and Color Picker.

I have also an old Star Wars project I had made. The terraining wasn't has great, as It wasn't my forte, so I got help from modeler Olofmoleman because he saw POTENTIAL in the map. Yeah Olofmoleman, on of the greatest modeler. The map is most probably the most realistic Star Wars map out there. Trust me I have played everything and I am a member since 2004! The link

Star wars: A new hope

Back when map maximum size was 4 mb

Have fun!
Contents

Realm Of Nosgoth v11 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please update your existing map thread(s) instead of creating another one and delete the other ones: Realm Of Nosgoth BETA v.1 Realm Of Nosgoth v.1.2 This is not a campaign. Remove that tag and please only leave the ones that actually fit. Is this an...
deepstrasz
Monster Lure's icon=Shimmerglaze Roast's. At least change the hue to differentiate it for better aesthetics. Hero abilities are usual WcIII ones. Why not make original ones which are similar to those from the LoK series? Even items are normal Warcraft...
deepstrasz
You have to be precise on what team the player has to choose to play in singleplayer. I thought Kain meant playing with the vampires. Please add more details in regards to the gameplay. Might want to add skip cinematic scenes. When meeting the vampire...
fantocan
Well I can see you put a lot of work in this map, lots of custom models, and you made the story of my favorite LoK game Blood Omen, so great job man game looks real good. BUT (and it is a big but) there are plenty of problems, the biggest and most...
fantocan
The barrier problem happened inside the Cathedral where the Soulreaver Sword is, I understand you wanted to trap player inside so he does not escape the fight but after I killed the boss the barrier still stands, same in Dark Eden after killing Malek...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, if you use a unit enters region then wait then apply camera, that would still trigger the camera change but after the wait time. So, better only make the camera change when the main hero is going through the regions.

2. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ot in my case, because I made my triggers with turn on and turn back on. I ment changing the time before the trigger turns back on. So now I have a small wait time in narrow regions and it is about of 5 second inwider areas, but I could change it to lets say 10 or 15 second in areas that are wide, but it will also turn it off in multiplayr for other players for that period of time, but I think putting like a 10 seond time would not affect the gameplay so much and give time for other owned units to cross.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see but what if your horse is far from you and being sent from the shop towards you while you're fighting and looking at the battle and then suddenly you get a camera angle change, possibly even the screen being panned somewhere else (where the horse went through)?

4. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK Fantocan I fixed the major bugs to told me about. Thanks for letting me know I would have probably not found out about it for a long time otherwise. It took me much work to retest and mostly to add a cinematic skip. I had to figure out a few things. Worked all evening on it, but it is my baby project in a sense so might as well leave a good game to play after all the work i put in it.

5. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I fixed the problem. I made it so only heroes can activate camera triggers. I also found out I had many cameras. My wrist started being tired of cat and paste LOL

6. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    By cinematics I mean all of them, the ones from the begining to end, ESC just closes the legends but you still wait the same time, and the camera changes are very anoying even with just one guy, you could make a menu in the start for those things like "would you like to be able to skip/faster cinematics pressing ESC" same for camera changes.

I assure you 99% of the people will say yes for that change. (the 1% will be the maker :p, I know you was trying to do something cool here but taking control of the camera feels very invasive, like a person grabs your dick when you need it but never warns you, it may be helpfull later on but the shock feels bad).

So yeah waiting for cinematics is bad.

Oh and skiping the Sarafan quest might be a nice touch as well.