1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Realm Of Nosgoth v11 Blood Omen Edition

Submitted by Melshisedek1
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A teaser I made with VideoPad Video Editor of the Soul Reaver Era. (I will hopefully have time to make some quests for those Soul Reaver games in future updates, but it will only sum up the story as those games are way to vast and large for a single map.)

UPDATE 11

1- In singleplayer: I made a trigger so Azimuth won't leave the cathedral in the Avernus quest.

2- In multiplayer: Fixed the issue that the Magic Towers did not change ownership in the King of the Castle main quest.

3- In general : I changed the classification text GIANT found on villagers and critters for COMMONER since this is simply a classification I added so the doors triggers won't always activate from a commoner passing by.

UPDATE 10.1 : MAJOR BUG FIX in singleplayer

1- In singleplayer I fixed the issue of invisible barriers not being removed after defeating the bossess in Dark eden and Avernus Cathedral. Thanks to member fantocan for letting me know about that major issue to complete further quests.

2- Made it so that only heroes trigger cameras so they won't always be activated by the Pack horse or any other player owned units.

3- Made a Escape option to skip the first long Sarafan cinematic (Especially if you are replaying the quest). it is a lot of work to reprogram some trigger events, so I will only do this for this cinematic.

4- Made some camera triggers more long to turn back on to prevent multiple activation.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The single player has all the Blood Omen game quests. The first few quest are imagined during the Sarafan inquisition of vampires. Then the quest follow the Blood Omen game and even have copied and paste texts from the original game script.

See this website for text script

Nosgothic Realm - Blood Omen - Script

The map should work with the 1.20 TFT patch and later.

This REALM OF NOSGOTH WC3 map is the most recent version up to date of this map. By the way Nosgoth universe is very similar to medieval so it blends well with WC3 so I left some items from WC3 because anyways you cannot by stuff in the LOK games. But I also did the items from the LOK games.

The MULTIPLAYER can be played alone because there are bots. I also included a save system to save your level and equipment if you play online.

This map is a working version and adaptation inspired from the Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver game saga. There are many custom models and the map is vast and detailed. Fans from the game should enjoy and get the feel from the LOK Soul Reaver univers. The game plays in multiplayer with elements of AOS and RPG. The single player campaign mode is still in development, but you can play a few quest.

I will hopefully have time to make some quests for those Soul Reaver games in future updates, but it will only sum up the story as those games are way to vast and large for a single map. I will make a trigger so you can choose to play the story without replaying Blood Omen.

Also if you want to see videos of the original game saga story see this link

I wish you have some fun and let me know about it!

CREDITS

Special thanks

A special thanks to Tenebis who remodeled and skinned the Kain BO, Kain SR and the Raziel SR models. His detailed models gave me the idea to make this map and gives us that Legacy of Kain in Warcraft 3 feeling.

Like many fans of the Legacy of Kain game series, I am very grateful for that wonderfully rich series of games. The first game was developed by Silicon Knights and published by Crystal Dynamics, the latter additions were developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Eidos Interactive.

Of course like always, a very big thanks to the Blizzard team that gave us a very user-friendly Map Editor for our enjoyment. Not only has it prolonged the life span of a great game, but also it gave to many of us the possibility to unleash our creativity.

MODELS

Many thanks to all those modelers and skinners from which I got all the custom skins and models. (If I forgot your name, I am sorry about it).

Sellenisko, bisnar13, Amigurumi, Kitabatake, HappyTauren, Illidan(Evil)X, Ergius, Tranquil, Blood Raven, Shadow_killer, Fingolfin, Horn, Buster, -=Emergenzy=-, Frankster, PROXY, WhiteDeath, -Grendel, Gottfrei, Vermillion Edict, Dionesiist, Mc !, Kino, SantoRayo[iP], JetFangInferno, Ikillforeyou, Skipper, N00byStance, Leeroy, Hamsta, Daelin, xXm0rpH3usXx, Ket Golosov, Nasrudin, Whitehorn, Rao Dao Zao, Mike, Usedwell, Reinless, republicola, Sunchips, Mr. Bob, ArchonClock / Archonian / Grey Archon, Dan van Ohllus, inico, Ampharos_222, WhiteDeath, chilla_killa, Tarrasque, Radagast, Dan van Ohllus, Thrikodius, eubz, hellblazer-14, Vermillion Edict, Sellenisko, Malvodion, JetFangInferno, Infrisios, Uncle Fester, Mythic, perfjert, Chilla_Killa, Mechanical Man, Chriz, Blood Raven, JB_McKnight, HerrDave, Bloody_Turds, Thrikodius, Mike, Ujimasa Hojo, Freddyk, Felipe Gormadoc, Direfury, General Frank, Stefan.K, Geries, Astaroth Zion, Fingolfin, sunwarrior25, Himperion, FrancK.

SKINS

67chrome, Daenar7, Darkfang, Mr.Goblin, FrIkY, EvilYardGnome, Olofmoleman, Dionesiist, IrBat, GAniksdal, Pins, Caeyra, Dentothor, Ampharos_222, Hueter, antihero, Sin'dorei300,Daenar7, Lord_Darkblade, Pins.

MUSIC

Original music from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain game. The specific music track is titled "Awakening".

ICON

Patrick Johnson (image for Human Kain), Sin'dorei300, NFWar, Kimbo, Marcos, Thrikodius, PeeKay, DABJollyD, -BerZeKeR-, NO-Bloody-Name, Christoph, Paladon, 67chrome, s0fus-snk, CaseyD2K, dasawah, TSG-Arakara, Stanley, GooS, kola, nangeyi, yshumin, -Berz-, S.Dentatus, Mr.Goblin, Sin'dorei300, NelsonLaJe, Warcrafty, Eagle XI, kangyun,Kuhneghetz, loktar.

WEBSITES

For Warcraft3

HIVE

Wc3C.net - Warcraft III modding, models, art, spells and code!

Warcraft III World Editor, Warcraft III Map Making Tutorials, Warcraft III Scripting, Warcraft III Maps - World-Editor-Tutorials.thehelper.net

http://saga.samods.org/wc3models/doodads.html

For Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver Game Series

Legacy of Kain: Dark Chronicle

Legacy of Kain Wiki

Nosgothic Realm - A Legacy of Kain Fan Site

Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds

TOOLS

Jass New Gen pack v2.07, War3 Model Editor v1.07, Warcraft 3 Viewer v2.3c, MdlVis (Vertex Editor), W3IR (Icon Editor), Wc3 Map Optimizer v4.4 and Color Picker.

I have also an old Star Wars project I had made. The terraining wasn't has great, as It wasn't my forte, so I got help from modeler Olofmoleman because he saw POTENTIAL in the map. Yeah Olofmoleman, on of the greatest modeler. The map is most probably the most realistic Star Wars map out there. Trust me I have played everything and I am a member since 2004! The link

Star wars: A new hope

Back when map maximum size was 4 mb

Have fun!
Contents

Realm Of Nosgoth v11 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please update your existing map thread(s) instead of creating another one and delete the other ones: Realm Of Nosgoth BETA v.1 Realm Of Nosgoth v.1.2 This is not a campaign. Remove that tag and please only leave the ones that actually fit. Is this an...
deepstrasz
Monster Lure's icon=Shimmerglaze Roast's. At least change the hue to differentiate it for better aesthetics. Hero abilities are usual WcIII ones. Why not make original ones which are similar to those from the LoK series? Even items are normal Warcraft...
deepstrasz
You have to be precise on what team the player has to choose to play in singleplayer. I thought Kain meant playing with the vampires. Please add more details in regards to the gameplay. Might want to add skip cinematic scenes. When meeting the vampire...
fantocan
Well I can see you put a lot of work in this map, lots of custom models, and you made the story of my favorite LoK game Blood Omen, so great job man game looks real good. BUT (and it is a big but) there are plenty of problems, the biggest and most...
fantocan
The barrier problem happened inside the Cathedral where the Soulreaver Sword is, I understand you wanted to trap player inside so he does not escape the fight but after I killed the boss the barrier still stands, same in Dark Eden after killing Malek...
  1. Edson

Edson

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm using version 1.29, and the map does not initialize in single player mode. I click the button, and nothing happens. What should I do?

2. Keas

Keas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just downloaded and played it for a while. Its like an AoS with rpg in the middle. I love it but how does the AI work? they pick one hero and go though the map or roam?

3. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey friends thanks for th epositive comments. INDEED WITH THE 1.29 PATCH THERE ARE GLITCHES, like the neutral units (villagers etc.) become identified as enemies. Now Edson you tell the single player mode does not work at all with the 1.29 patch? I reinstalled my 1.27 patch to see if it was an error on compressing my map or due to the 1.29 patch. I see that my neutral units are back to neutral. Sad because to play with other player on Battlenet it will work but all villager will get killed within a few minutes.

4. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi Keas, the heroes in multiplayer have armies respawning once there are no more units other than the hero. As the computer heroes level up by time the armies get bigger and with stronger units.

5. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    INDEED WITH THE 1.29 PATCH THERE ARE GLITCHES, like the neutral units (villagers etc.) become identified as enemies. Now Edson you tell the single player mode does not work at all with the 1.29 patch? I reinstalled my 1.27 patch to see if it was an error on compressing my map or due to the 1.29 patch. I see that my neutral units are back to neutral. Sad because to play with other player on Battlenet it will work but all villager will get killed within a few minutes.

6. Keas

Keas

Resources:
    Resources:

nice! ill test it on Local Multiplayer next month so we can make this map a classic on our lans

7. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK About the single player quest, there is a problem in this map version. But the quest will start if you wait. I had forgotten some testing units (Raziel Wraith form) and it seems to be interfering. I added a few quests. I will try and fix that problem and have a better version uploaded soon.

8. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    MAJOR UPDATE V5--- FIXED THE BUGGY SINGLE PLAYER ---- Added 4 quests. I tested only the 4 first ones, so there are 8 so far. MULTIPLAYER is the same.

Have fun!

9. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    MAJOR UPDATE V5--- FIXED THE BUGGY SINGLE PLAYER ---- Added 4 quests. I tested only the 4 first ones, so there are 8 so far. MULTIPLAYER is the same.

Have fun!

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  11. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is done! Yes I will update mostly for the single player.

12. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is a rule that enforces the list being in the map thread description and not in the game, sadly or not.
    Map Submission Rules

14. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have added credits. It is the best I can do.

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am sorry, but just linking the site from where the resources were taken is not enough. You either have to write the names of the authors (and the resources if you want) or link to the resources directly.
    An example:
    Credits

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Monster Lure's icon=Shimmerglaze Roast's. At least change the hue to differentiate it for better aesthetics.
    2. Hero abilities are usual WcIII ones. Why not make original ones which are similar to those from the LoK series?
    3. Even items are normal Warcraft ones.
    4. You don't feel like playing LoK at all. It's just a Warcraft map with different models and a nice environment. Might as well leave it as a terrain template.
    5. I'm not sure Potion of Omniscience should be available.
    6. Try not to use units with hero glow as units and add hero glow to heroes without it: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling One problem with hero models as units is that they don't decay.
    7. Should not have invulnerable barrels and vulnerable ones with items inside because this might create confusion. Make them all vulnerable unless you differentiated them with varied models.
    8. Even enemies are ordinary.
    9. Maybe add some game text or something to know what place is where you are.
    10. Terrain is pretty much flat.
    11. Sometimes the camera doesn't reset itself after an event. Example: Sarafan Mausoleum.
    12. Many heroes have the same abilities.
    13. What's Van Helsing doing in all of this?
    14. So, what's the goal in multiplayer?
    15. Some heroes and units have the same icon.
    16. The ship shows only 6 units but more than that can get in.
    17. Gates close by themselves too fast. There should be an option to choose when to close and open them not to have a unit near the lever.
    18. What about some directions for the quests? Where's whatever forest or place?
    19. Camera shifts during play and even battle are annoying.
    20. Couldn't find the creature Helsing told me about in order to find Janos. The way to Janos is blocked by pathing blockers.
    21. You mostly kill units on the map.
    Overall it still is pretty much under development.

You should hide the credits between [spoiler ] [/ spoiler] tags without the spaces.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Woah, hey man, chill out, what's cookin'? I have played the Legacy of Kain series and your map is nothing like it, apart from some aesthetics. If I'd be Amy Hennig, I'd be disappointed.
    I also give nitpicking comments but those are not what need fixing, those are just for polishing.
    I have played tons of maps and games to know what is good and what's lacking.
    But, yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, doesn't mean they're also right.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you can always have other reviewers handle the verdict:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    or directly contact the staff:
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

18. Melshisedek1

Melshisedek1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude about the AI you were asking, I had so much problems because the map is so huge. I had developed a AI in my Star Star wars: A new hope that worked just fine. My AI heroes just work the best and it felt like they were alive and smart. In this map I cursed because the AI as a tendency to be dumb so I had to make some triggers to call them back in action. Should the AI triggers I made worked as good that in my Star Wars map it would have been epic. It is not so bad, but after hours of thinking and trying stuff I gave up. Instead I concentrated on trying to make a good terraining that ressembles the map of Blood Omen and Soul Reaver and on the heroes of the Saga. The single player since the latest update is starting to be fun and feel like a real RPG game with the original Blood Omen story for the most. Play it should last a few hours.

19. Keas

Keas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the passion you give to your work and thats awesome. I was interested in the AI because even if i love single player experience and questing. The AI give a random "replayability" which increases the chances of something never experienced before happen. And dont quote me on that because even in single player Rpg like this one have replayability but i think you know what i meant. Ill tell you something that happened to chinese authors that i have the pleasure to know and talk. One guy made an incredible map that was a MOBA Rpg style with incredible smart AI and i play this map regularly everytime i can as a default map. But even being proud about it he knows a lot of people dont make AI because is very time consuming and the effort sometimes is not worth it. But when he knew that a guy from the other part of the world (im from Argentina) played the map with dedication and love (because i translate what i could with google translate using the photo app on the phone and then i made a paint to correct the translation for future references). he felt this was the reason he put so much effort in. Great map and keep the passion up!