• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PROXY's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Please, alter her skeleton. It kinda ruins her beautiful mesh at this point.

I have a fancy idea. If you choose a proper skeleton with walk/stand animations that doesnt make her look all croocked (maybe a priest) then pm me and i can make attack animations for a staff or something.

Also, i think she totaly needs to be alittle bit chubbier. Just scale her height down 10-20% and that will do. Maybe just a matter of taste though.

EDIT: oh, this is a contest entry. Then i'm afraid any aid regarding the animations is forbidden. I would say that going with priest animations and a staff will do it.

Level 51
Chose to stay with these animations, due to a lack of time and motivation.

The staff works decent with the eredar ones, maybe I'll edit them a bit.

Anyway, update: new bracers, new belt, staff added, a few tweaks here and there.

I'll have to look into animations now, adding a proper death/dissipate. Then onto adding particles and sfx. Was never good at that stuff though.

Attachments

• mesh2.PNG
    mesh2.PNG
    712.2 KB · Views: 165
  • new.PNG
    new.PNG
    558.9 KB · Views: 194

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

love the wip so far. keep up the good work.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Also: more trolls.

Curse you, man!! Why must you make things so hard for me? I could probably make two Troll races at this point, with all the custom Troll warrior models flying around. :< We need moar different things; flyers, siegers, etc.

Pretty sick, man. Jungle Troll version is necessario, por favor... But I love it. The build/proportions are just right, and the mask/pauldrons are nice & pretty unique-looking.

In fact, this is the closest thing I've seen the fabled Fire Dancer (though with the Hexxer's mask), which is something I've been searching & pining after for years now... Please consider giving this guy custom fire-/torch-spinning animations.

Boy-o.

Level 51
Curse you, man!! Why must you make things so hard for me? I could probably make two Troll races at this point, with all the custom Troll warrior models flying around. :< We need moar different things; flyers, siegers, etc.

Pretty sick, man. Jungle Troll version is necessario, por favor... But I love it. The build/proportions are just right, and the mask/pauldrons are nice & pretty unique-looking.

In fact, this is the closest thing I've seen the fabled Fire Dancer (though with the Hexxer's mask), which is something I've been searching & pining after for years now... Please consider giving this guy custom fire-/torch-spinning animations.

Boy-o.

A man chooses. A slave obeys.

Edit: Aaaand it's uploaded.

Attachments

• you were saying.PNG
    you were saying.PNG
    785.9 KB · Views: 137
  • HeroTrollFiredancer.PNG
    HeroTrollFiredancer.PNG
    267.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Level 50
Wow, some days ago someone requested this and I made it in a hurry, nothing special it was, but this surely looks like Akama. Great job you did, may I ask what texture did you used for his cloths? The golden part? I sense some building texture or something mechanic..cant tell. What about his weapons?

Roland

R

Roland

That's for you to find out hehe. But it should be pretty clear with this new WIP.

Still not happy with the face and nothing has been rigged yet. The proportions are also still off.

You should look at Systemfre1's Akama version, You should get some of his ideas there.

Level 51
Did something I never though I'd do. I used the original wow texture for the arms/chest and his face. No matter what texture combination I tried to use, it just didn't work out. And making his face without the nose not looking like a retard was impossible.

What do you think? Does it clash too much? :/

Also fixed his proportions and he's nearly fully rigged.

Attachments

• test.PNG
    test.PNG
    310.7 KB · Views: 174
Level 21
omygosh_400.gif

That is so really well made!
I love it a lot, and it goes with pretty much everything.

So you adding custom weapons now, because the model itself looks really nice.
Can't wait to use it for my Campaign. Gonna use the old Akama as a Lost Hero, and then as Akama the Broken Ashtongue. :L

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Thanks guys. Will play around with it a bit more and see how it works out :)

In the meantime: It's STAMPEDE time.
Now we're back to "stuff I care more about". xD (Akama is neat, but I never cared much for the Draenei)

I gotta say, while I'm generally in the "Tauren shouldn't need/have mounts" camp, this is a solid model so far & a needed addition (mounted Tauren) to many people's Tauren race. Also, nice "super/war kodo"; love the crooked horn & the TC armor (what's that, the Barracks?)

Level 49
Damn, that's some awesome stuff. :)
You're always spot on with those lore-friendly, and somehow needed models.
At any rate, I think the previous TC solution was better, all of that heavy plate armor, gold trimming and black metal armor just don't fit the Native American-esque Tauren. Raw hide, wood, feathers, that sort of thing would fit better, in my eyes.
Trolls get away with it because they are some what more Aztec-y. Somewhat more developed in a way. But full plate Tauren were always silly to me (looking at you, WoW...).

Level 51
Thanks to you guys.

Damn, that's some awesome stuff. :)
You're always spot on with those lore-friendly, and somehow needed models.
At any rate, I think the previous TC solution was better, all of that heavy plate armor, gold trimming and black metal armor just don't fit the Native American-esque Tauren. Raw hide, wood, feathers, that sort of thing would fit better, in my eyes.
Trolls get away with it because they are some what more Aztec-y. Somewhat more developed in a way. But full plate Tauren were always silly to me (looking at you, WoW...).

Thank you, that means very much to me. I try my best to keep them lore friendly and useful at the same time :)

And updated it greatly, I think you'll like him this way :) Still not totally satisfied with it, but we're getting there.

Attachments

• slowly.PNG
    slowly.PNG
    314.5 KB · Views: 264
  • slowly2.PNG
    slowly2.PNG
    387.3 KB · Views: 297
Level 49
Yes, that's looking good. :)
I still somehow feel like the previous barracks hide teamcolor was unique and interesting in a way, but this looks great either way.
I've another suggestion, to make his head more unique and interesting - give him a mane of hair. From what I can see, you already gave him some black hair on his back? Why not extend that mane to cover his head as well? It should help him stand out from the Tauren Chieftain further. You could also maybe replace his nose ring with something else. Perhaps a bone semi-circle? Something similar to this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/9a/ef/1a/9aef1ab45da588156aef45656042cd9c.jpg

Also, for a spell animation, maybe you could have him toss a bola? I think any of the mounted Attack animations should work fine for this, but the Wolf Rider's Ensnare would be a good example of what I mean.
Oh, and I'm looking forward to see with which weapon you shall arm him. :)

Level 21
The Kodo Beast Tauren rider unit looks good.

So any updates to the Akama model, because it does look like and what weapons do you plan on using for him?
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/b/b5/Staff_of_the_Ashtongue_Deathsworn_TCG.jpg
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/0/0e/Kael'thas_and_Crew.jpg

Could give him his famous Staff or even his two blade kamas...Get it? Kama...Akama? lol...
Well anyway Proxy looking forward to using your Akama model and that Tauren Rider looks really good.
Could of been if Warcraft III had mountable buttons in the game like WoW and Heroes in which your Hero could mount up and go faster.
Still regardless it is very good you are doing this.

Level 51
Great news. Working together with Jesus Hipster again <3

He's done a great job with the rigging and the wrapping, created that awesome shadow effect, optimized the textures and mesh and the list goes on.. No more wow textures boys.

I on the other hand finally found time to create his weapons. JH will continue with his animations and some other stuff now, while I sit back and enjoy the show hehe.

Attachments

• sweetjesus.PNG
    sweetjesus.PNG
    382.2 KB · Views: 196
  • sweetjesus2.PNG
    sweetjesus2.PNG
    295.8 KB · Views: 210

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

he should change his name to jesus. :wink:

holy moly, you both are genius!

Level 21
Holy crap that model looks awesome!
I can't wait to use for my Campaign and I do hope you add team hero glow to the model as well if you can.

Akama looks really great, and everything just goes will together, and nice you two guys are doing for the model.
Looks like Akama himself and not cheap ass model Blizzard did.
Gonna be using the Warcraft III as a Lost One Hero and this one you two made for Akama.
Gonna be awesome seeing custom models in the game for my Campaign, but I am seriously taking a break for now from it.
And once again Proxy you and Jesus Hipster did a excellent job.

Level 50
Great news. Working together with Jesus Hipster again <3

He's done a great job with the rigging and the wrapping, created that awesome shadow effect, optimized the textures and mesh and the list goes on.. No more wow textures boys.

I on the other hand finally found time to create his weapons. JH will continue with his animations and some other stuff now, while I sit back and enjoy the show hehe.

So you guys plan to make custom animations or just customizing in game anims? It really gives that Akama feeling, good job with his weapons.

Level 34
I am not aiming to make new animations from scratch, just heavily alter existing ones. However in case of Lady Blaumexx model i also wasn't aiming for a custom animation set. We'll see how it goes. I am also planning on animating his spine tentacles, that shouldn't be that hard. However my aim is mainly not to spoil great mesh of Proxy's with low-quality or unfitting animatios.

I don't realy like that mutaded draenai wibe that's coming from Akama wc3 animations, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.