• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PROXY's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
as for my it looks awesome, i can hardly draw some small pics )
but this one is so detailed) and i like the colors you`ve chosen !

Level 51
small WIP for my goblin-squad for the contest. 2 more riders to go, going for a modelling speed run today, hopefully I can finish them in time.

Attachments

• teaser.JPG
    teaser.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 171

Roland

R

Roland

small WIP for my goblin-squad for the contest. 2 more riders to go, going for a modelling speed run today, hopefully I can finish them in time.

The Turtle looks silly, It needs some teeth showing up on the mouth tho.

Level 39
Proportions could still use a little work. I'd make her hips wider and shoulder width smaller. Quite a lot actually. They should be almost parallel, giving the figure that hourglass shape. That's generally what distinguishes the female figure from the male one. Of course there are different body types, but the hourglass one is one of the more feminine ones, and would be more noticeable ingame.

Everything else looks good though, I like your use of textures, especially on the glaives and kneepads!

Female-Hourglass.jpg

Last edited:

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Think I can see where the problems with her proportions are, her top half is too long compared to her legs.

Most WCIII female models are around 6 heads tall, with the crotch being the mid-point. The lower half should be the same number of heads high as the top half.

Attachments

• Measurements.jpg
    Measurements.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 211
Level 39
Thank you very much dear sirs, I tried to fixed the proportions a bit more.

They are certainly not perfect but much better than before.

Definately much better! I think I figured out another thing about the proportions that make her look a bit too manly; she doesn't really have a neck. Her neck and shoulder look a bit too bulky, giving a masculine bodybuilder look.

I (very sloppily) tweaked your picture a bit in photoshop to show you what I mean:

advice.jpg

See how giving her a neck makes her seem much more feminine? Also made the arms a bit skinnier.

I also tweaked her torso and made her waistline even narrower and hips wider. It may seem exaggerated, but take a look at the Watcher model that A.R. referenced to. She has an extremely narrow waistline and quite wide hips, making her look more feminine even from the ingame view.

These are all just my thoughts though, if you're going for another body type that's cool ;)

Level 51
What happened with that tauren model?

Lost motivation on it but might continue it in the future.

My very purpose on HIVE is gone XD

Why that?

Hm, purple-head Gryphon... Interesting.

Not really purple headed, just a little tone (as no other texture was offered haha)

Maybe a human rider¡ like the Warcraft movie XD

Well, look who we found suitable.

Beware of the first female dwarf model that doesnt look like shit.

Attachments

• dwarfrider.JPG
    dwarfrider.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 163
  • beware.JPG
    beware.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 144
Level 50
Lost motivation on it but might continue it in the future.

Why that?

Not really purple headed, just a little tone (as no other texture was offered haha)

Well, look who we found suitable.

Beware of the first female dwarf model that doesnt look like shit.
I don't know about the face. Whole 'rider' model looks wierd in some way. Maybe try some Harpy textures for the face.

Level 51
Pretty damn good! Hope to see that tauren finished!

Thanks mate. No plans for him though.

I don't know about the face. Whole 'rider' model looks wierd in some way. Maybe try some Harpy textures for the face.

Might elaborate a bit more on this, as I'm quite happy how it turned out actually.

Because i always wanted to male the best gryphon, now you made it xd

Now it exist, i can now rest in peace xd

Jk jk

hehe, thanks.

Loved that design! It was already a really nice model idea before you pulled the first female dwarf model that doesn't look like shit, now it's even cooler. Will she be a lancer or something?

Much appreciated! Look below for the progress :)

Awesome. I've always wondered how to make a grpyhon unique (different from the in-game one). And the female rider is kick-ass as well, though I was about to suggest this guy.

Much thanks. I started out working on him in fact, but I couldn't stand making another standard dwarf yet again :p

Using the short period of free time I have to work a bit on this one. Don't know if I should give her more armor or let her be that way. I kind want her to be a little bit wildhammer-style.

Attachments

• greataxe.JPG
    greataxe.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 131
  • armor.JPG
    armor.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 161
Level 51
You always had a way with weapons. : )

Whatever happened to Ms. Wildhammer?

Thanks mate :) She's still being worked on, but you know me. I often lose motivation for some time, only to end up finishing it in one day. So we'll see :)

Not bad, not bad at all! But come on mate, we need that amazing tauren and gryphon rider!

They will come eventually, but not now.

News:
darka2.JPG draka.JPG

Working on a Draka model and it's coming along quite nicely.

Level 50
Thanks mate :) She's still being worked on, but you know me. I often lose motivation for some time, only to end up finishing it in one day. So we'll see :)

They will come eventually, but not now.

News:
View attachment 263336 View attachment 263337

Working on a Draka model and it's coming along quite nicely.
Looks nice but she's too thin. I think that's problem with every model of yours, you made your models look very thin and with that not so fitting in game. I also started doing Draka model about 2-3 months ago but the animations are the problem for me, as always. But your one is great and it's coming nicely.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 150
Level 51
Love your version. Feels way more warcrafty then mine and you've already managed to create a good looking face. I'm still struggeling about that one ^^

proportions.JPG

Don't agree about it being thin though. I know that's a problem about my models but I created the proportions of this one based on the advice I've gotten for my demon huntress and based on other female models from the game, and I think I've manged it pretty well.

Level 50
Love your version. Feels way more warcrafty then mine and you've already managed to create a good looking face. I'm still struggeling about that one ^^

View attachment 263343

Don't agree about it being thin though. I know that's a problem about my models but I created the proportions of this one based on the advice I've gotten for my demon huntress and based on other female models from the game, and I think I've manged it pretty well.
If you based it on the model from the left you should see the night elf model has taller legs than your model. You could just fix that. And I did read the comments about your demon huntress from Tauer and others and I agree with the comments, really. Maybe it's just me now, I can't judge much from picture.
I don't really like my version, I am not satisfied with how I've made it. And the head is edited from in game model, I can't remember, I think it's that night elf model on the picture you uploaded.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Both look great. PROXY, looking at them side-by-side, it seems you're definitely improving with proportions, though the Sentry seems somewhat less... blocky/chunky (not as in 'fat', though). I can also say that your pauldrons suffer from a certain 'floatiness'; on the Sentry, they look like pieces of armor, attached/fitted to her, while on your Draka, it's like they are floating there, barely touching the shoulder.

Level 51
If you based it on the model from the left you should see the night elf model has taller legs than your model. You could just fix that. And I did read the comments about your demon huntress from Tauer and others and I agree with the comments, really. Maybe it's just me now, I can't judge much from picture.
I don't really like my version, I am not satisfied with how I've made it. And the head is edited from in game model, I can't remember, I think it's that night elf model on the picture you uploaded.

Indeed, didn't notice the thing about the legs. I really like your model, and the head is not half bad.

Both look great. PROXY, looking at them side-by-side, it seems you're definitely improving with proportions, though the Sentry seems somewhat less... blocky/chunky (not as in 'fat', though). I can also say that your pauldrons suffer from a certain 'floatiness'; on the Sentry, they look like pieces of armor, attached/fitted to her, while on your Draka, it's like they are floating there, barely touching the shoulder.

Yeah was worried about the pauldrons too, already fixed that :)

Meanwhile: Lor'themar Theron
meanwhile.JPG

Don't blame me for starting so many models, I'm ill and did not have so much time for it for a long time :p

Level 51
The only thing for which you, or anyone, can be blamed is not doing more Trolls. That is a sin the world over.

Aye, you're right about that ;_;

Anyway, the Greatsword of the Sin'dorei.. not my produest creation but it was rather hard to wrap. Still got to change the middle part of the blade.

sword1.JPG sword.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.