• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Picture/Photo Thread

Level 15
Wife and I decided to get away from family and spend Christmas alone. Went exploring today in our new truck.

Attachments

• 20151225_163419.jpg
    20151225_163419.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 108

Roland

R

Roland

Woah, What kind of car brand and the model is that? :D I just love the view.

Level 34
Looks beautiful. Where in Canada is that? My wife and I are in the process of planning a trip up there to go camping and exploring.
British Columbia. You should come up here! Where I live is fantastic for almost any outdoor activity you could want: hiking, skiing, surfing, cities, small towns, you name it. All within a few hours. If you guys have any questions shoot me a message and I can give lots of info about the area.

If you do come to Canada, the rocky mountains are also a fantastic place to visit. Specifically Jasper and Banff. Super touristy, but some of the most beautiful mountains and towns in the world.
---------------------------

Two I just finished editing. Credits to the GF for the fantastic modeling. :p

Attachments

• IMG_8142.jpg
    IMG_8142.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_8156.jpg
    IMG_8156.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 130
Level 15
British Columbia. You should come up here! Where I live is fantastic for almost any outdoor activity you could want: hiking, skiing, surfing, cities, small towns, you name it. All within a few hours. If you guys have any questions shoot me a message and I can give lots of info about the area.

If you do come to Canada, the rocky mountains are also a fantastic place to visit. Specifically Jasper and Banff. Super touristy, but some of the most beautiful mountains and towns in the world.
---------------------------

Two I just finished editing. Credits to the GF for the fantastic modeling. :p

Oh yeah, I'll definitely shoot you a message when we get ready to head out. I have a really good friend from Vancouver, so between you two I know we'll be able to hit up some awesome places.

We usually try to stay away from the super touristy areas, and prefer to get as far out into the wilderness as possible.

Roland, it's a Nissan Xterra Pro-4x (locking rear differential, lower axle gear ratio, etc).

Also, some more photos from our trip this weekend.

Attachments

• 20151226_112259.jpg
    20151226_112259.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20151219_083849.jpg
    20151219_083849.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 64

Roland

R

Roland

I kinda like the view and your car, But I suggest you should gear your car with Snow chains to avoid your car from getting slipped on the snow, Anyway, Nice view, I really wanted to taste the winter and the autumn season.

Level 15
I kinda like the view and your car, But I suggest you should gear your car with Snow chains to avoid your car from getting slipped on the snow, Anyway, Nice view, I really wanted to taste the winter and the autumn season.

Eh, no need for chains. I grew up driving in the snow, and smart driving, 4WD and good tires go a long way. Most people simply don't understand how to drive in the snow (how to respond to hitting ice, accelerating too fast, braking too soon, etc.)

And I have climbed the grand teton in the past, but no plans to climb it this time.

Level 34
One from today. Really happy with this shot.

Edit: I was only going to edit the one, but I wound up going through them all.

Attachments

• IMG_8257.jpg
    IMG_8257.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_8247.jpg
    IMG_8247.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8228.jpg
    IMG_8228.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
First sunrise of 2016.

Had nothing else to do while everyone else were sleeping. We were on some hills, so there was a pretty good view (just suck that we didn't manage to get a good photo of the villages' lights at night). Walked a bit to find a clear view and managed to catch the few minutes of sunlight that could be seen (fog was hiding the sun after).

Attachments

• IMG_20160101_075303.jpg
    IMG_20160101_075303.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 91

Roland

R

Roland

First sunrise of 2016.

Had nothing else to do while everyone else were sleeping. We were on some hills, so there was a pretty good view (just suck that we didn't manage to get a good photo of the villages' lights at night). Walked a bit to find a clear view and managed to catch the few minutes of sunlight that could be seen (fog was hiding the sun after).

I think that's a smog from all the fireworks burst out last night.

Kitty~.
Also, as is tradition, she peed under my bed as soon as the fireworks started going off. Ya'll need to cut it out, scaring my cat like that every year.

Cat: Stop taking photos about me, Go celebrate your new year while I make your bedroom a swimming pool out of my urine.

Roland

R

Roland

I tend to drool alot on my bed. Sometimes dog/cat urine always pisses me off on my bed.

Level 24
I hope you manage to get the Oscar this year, Leo.
Lol. "Thanks".

You're fighting an uphill battle against genetics, but by the looks of it you might be able to eke out a victory if you wait long enough. It won't be pretty along the way, but the end result will be great. Keep it up!

I love my beard. Sometimes I take it for walks. My paradise can be yours in just a few months time.
Always looked young for my age (currently 22) so there's still hope!

Level 22
I love my beard. Sometimes I take it for walks. My paradise can be yours in just a few months time.

Pics or it didn't happen.

EDIT:
Been a member for 9 years and still can't grow a beard for shit.

nQGzruk.jpg

If you ever feel down of not having a beard, just remember you have as many Oscars as Leonardo DiCaprio has.

Last edited:
Level 28
That's actually a very nice picture: you guys know how to properly appreciate a beard + the nice lightning + Guiles from Street Fighter smiling in the middle. Also you've got a cool modern-esque hair. I think it looks troll-ish at tall people (you seem tall at that photo), but I guess that's cool, lol.

Level 34
I built an indoor climbing wall at a friends cabin with him. I've barely been able to use it, but I definitely really enjoy the little bit of climbing I've done. Problem is that I have so many sports and outdoor activities I pursue. I plan on getting some shoes at least so that I can go with friends who have gear.