• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - Hero Ability Icon Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Heres the remade version of the Howl of terror Icon...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

And the altered Wip...
attachment.php

I love it!

Level 10
The colour scheme and look of the bat were loosely based off a breed of vampire bat that have white fur (except I got it wrong, they tend to be whiter underneath and browner on top lol). I know it doesn't have the 'swarm' effect (i started adding little bats in the background but it just seemed to clutter it) because it was just supposed to be a close up of a single bat of the swarm, as it always bugged me the icon for the carrion swarm ability had some blurry looking insects in it when the tool tip said they were bats. BATS DAMN IT BATS :mad:

Thanks for the comments tho (lol, a pig like creature holding a knife :p)

Level 17
I decided to try to finish the Bash icon, as i cannot get any good inspiration for another one.
Dunno if this looks good. I still have alot of shading to do, but does the overall picture look good enough?

It's bash again.:xxd::xxd:

EDIT: Added a newer WIP, where i made the hammer glow as in the MK's bash animation.

Attachments

• Bash WIP3.jpg
    Bash WIP3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Bash WIP4.jpg
    Bash WIP4.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 61
Heres my final submission, I just need to update some of the old submissions and gather them in 1 post... Then i'm finished.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Its a replacement of the Feral Spirit icon.

Attachments

• BTNSpiritWolf.jpg
    BTNSpiritWolf.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 176
  • DISBTNSpiritWolf.jpg
    DISBTNSpiritWolf.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 186
  • PASBTNSpiritWolf.jpg
    PASBTNSpiritWolf.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 166
  • WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 170
Level 24
banana, your opinion of mr.goblins death coil icon is completely inacceptable, because it is completely different from the blizzard one aas well as from da's...

1st: looks a lot better
2nd: high quality, better use of lightning, looks more realistic

and additionally your icons completely suck compared top his

sry. this post of yours made me really angry...

Level 26
but the problem is that most of thw blizzard icon fit perfectly to the skills and heroes.

so there are two possible ways you could aim:
1. show what the skill exactly does in combination with the hero who does it or with the missile or with a summon ( just how blizzard does it)

==> not that creative, but fits the skill perfectly

2. make something abstract which is related to the spell in some way, but which isnt so obvious

==> creative but does not fit the skill by 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.