• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.27a - Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
It does run but with major compatibility problems. Specifically when running in D3D mode (default) the gamma setting is broken and in game performance is heavily reduced with inconsistent frame rates. OpenGL mode fixed this but requires a command line option to run and has slightly deformed in-game text.

You clearly were not running in D3D mode then. OpenGL mode worked perfectly except for issues with in game text being slightly deformed (texture coordinate issue?).

The lack of gamma alone was a big issue because you need gamma at ~2.2 (setting 44) for the graphics to appear correctly.

"d3d8 to d3d9 converter" does not help?

Try running in compatibility mode, might work.
Didn't work.
Did you also try to download the patch to your HDD, and then update from there ?
Yup, same issue.

I used the Windows compatibility troubleshooter thing, and for the first time ever it worked. Although I also just moved my "Mod tools" folder from the war3 directory because I was about to uninstall/reinstall, don't know if that can cause problems.
So yeah, it's fixed now :D Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: Still had to install the RoC patch, turns out the problem was indeed the "Mod tools" folder. Apparently BNetUpdate doesn't like custom folders inside the war3 directory.

Although now for some reason I'm getting a file checksum error for Abilities\...\SpeedTarget.mdx
Weird, never modified the MPQs. Looks like I'll have to reinstall the game afterall.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
"d3d8 to d3d9 converter" does not help?
No it does not help because WC3 no longer uses D3D8 since this patch, it now links to D3D9 which does not have the problem. In the past it also did not help because most players would not know about it and it is technically not a safe solution (one should not replace system dlls).

EDIT: Still had to install the RoC patch, turns out the problem was indeed the "Mod tools" folder. Apparently BNetUpdate doesn't like custom folders inside the war3 directory.
Had no problem updating and I have a custom "Utilities" folder in there.

Level 28
I wanna stay with patch 1.26 :sad:

Btw, is it normal to jump from patch 1.18 to patch 1.26 as I did without downloading the others (E.g : 1.19, 1.20...etc), can this cause crash because it happen many times with me now with patch 1.26?
And is it recommanded to install both version patch RoC and TFT or one should do the work?

Btw, is it normal to jump from patch 1.18 to patch 1.26 as I did without downloading the others (E.g : 1.19, 1.20...etc), can this cause crash because it happen many times with me now with patch 1.26?
And is it recommanded to install both version patch RoC and TFT or one should do the work?

http://www.dota-utilities.com/2016/03/warcraft3-tft-1.27a-patch-version-switcher.html

it is normal. i jumped from like 1.0 to 1.24 when i first went on b.net, and didn't have any crashes. logging onto battle.net on either roc or tft will do the job.

Level 28
Huh... this is weird then? And the thing that confuse me most is it happens only the first time I load TFT then a fatal error accure, if I re-load for the second time the game goes normal...?
The 2nd thing, if I remember correct, World Editor wasn't working when I had patch 1.18 but after the re-patch with 1.26 TFT, World Editor works fine, so I though this might be the crash problem.

Oh... and before I forget, Is Patch 1.27 available in French too?

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Me too for the time being.

Yes it is normal.

I remember having crashes on opening with patch 1.26a. Imho it is related to playing FMV. Currently trying to reproduce the issue. There is most probably a correlation with installed 3rd party codec packs. Are you using K-Lite by chance ?

Huh... this is weird then? And the thing that confuse me most is it happens only the first time I load TFT then a fatal error accure, if I re-load for the second time the game goes normal...?
The 2nd thing, if I remember correct, World Editor wasn't working when I had patch 1.18 but after the re-patch with 1.26 TFT, World Editor works fine, so I though this might be the crash problem.

Oh... and before I forget, Is Patch 1.27 available in French too?

After a few launches, I believe the game does not load the FMV intro anymore (this is by design). But problem might still be there. Feedback welcome with crashy FMV. Will write a tutorial if useful trick found, and if enough users have that issue.

Patch 1.27a FR directly from Blizzard (hope direct links are not prohibited) :
- for RoC
- For TFT

Those having TFT installed only need to use the TFT patch (updates both RoC and TFT)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.