• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Wow that's awesome, i only expected like helm chest and weapons. Here is my suggestion for which slots to use and an explanation for the ones that need one hehe.

Chestpeice: i think this should cover the arm too
gloves
boots
greaves: should cover all of legs up to heel
helm
shoulders: i think it shouldn't wrap around the arm.

Optional:
bracer: not really noticeable
Belt : same as bracer

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining when i post this message, and I'm sorry if that's what it sounds like, but this is my opinion =)

Level 17
HeroSlayer, next time, put them in hidden tags please. ^.^

Attachment-wise, I think the bracer and belt is a texture thing rather than a model thing. However, we do have waist and wrist items.

Level 5
Wow that's awesome, i only expected like helm chest and weapons. Here is my suggestion for which slots to use and an explanation for the ones that need one hehe.

Chestpeice: i think this should cover the arm too
gloves
boots
greaves: should cover all of legs up to heel
helm
shoulders: i think it shouldn't wrap around the arm.

Optional:
bracer: not really noticeable
Belt : same as bracer

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining when i post this message, and I'm sorry if that's what it sounds like, but this is my opinion =)

The chest cannot cover the arm because it wouldnt support any animation moving the arms, same with greaves -.-!

And I said thats only an example, I can make any attachment listed above

I dont need any suggestions from you, seriously.

Jordan, I will fix it tomorrow perhaps :vw_unimpressed:

Last edited:
Level 17
Nice... but for the female model, I hope you add some more clothing.

How do you mean? We're trying to aim for realism, so you won't see females who belong in a strip club. For those of you who enjoy seeing a heap of cleavage and a bit of leg on a female warrior and mage, we'll try to make attachments on the female model stylish, but I will not have metal bikini's or harem robes. =/

Level 13
Wow, good job with the human male, the clothing/armour system seems kinda like from Morrowind ^^

Update from me:
The terrain will be finished/polished tonight and will be sent to tukki for him to code.

Here's another ogre statue I'd like to show you people ;)

Attachments

• dasdsaf.JPG
    dasdsaf.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 203
Level 2
Map

WoW.. so many people creating it.. that must be nice..:goblin_good_job: i really wanna learn something about creating these orpg's or hero defense for start.. :infl_thumbs_up: I am interesting in creating models and skins, even some triggers wont be bad enough. I am making a map with my friend.. only 2 and we are planning (already creating it - slowly) to make a hero defense, but everytime we talk about it, we always come up with something new xD There are problems that what we need to solve and this takes really a lot of time.. not everything is here..
I am really looking foward to test your orpg :) really very much, already from picture it seems you have got really good artists :) GOOD LUCK ;):ogre_haosis:

Level 6
Yeah, sadly :(

I'm having my final exam in chemistry on Thursday so I've been unable to do any coding progress during the weekend and so far this week. On Thursday afternoon, though, I'll start implementing my super-mega-hard-deluxe v2 encounter ;) So the delay will bring about some good stuff too!

You'll also be able to check out the new terrain in the demo! (Which happens to be even more awesome that the previous!!) An epic event quest will also be waiting those of you who make it that far :) Note that balancing in the demo will probably be a little whacked out, but that's why it's just a demo ;) I'm just saying: don't expect the finished product!

Thanks for the support so far folks :)

Level 9
Whooah, just took a few minutes off to check what was happening at the hive, and stumbled across this thread.
Reading the OP really brought back memories, and I must say, this looks great thus far. Even better than the original Everwood, I dare say. :)
I'll be sure to come back here more often to see how things are going with this project. So far it looks like it's going in the right direction. If you need any help with testing (My scripting is not really up to date), feel free to toss me a PM, and I'll put some hours into helping you guys as much as I can.

You're making me proud! :)

Level 17
Did anyone say it would be released tomorrow? I am not aware of such rumors. A lot of us are going through exams.

Level 9
Much edited post:

Is the demo released tomorrow?

If you take a closer look at the developers's (of this map) posts and read it. It can take more than many weeks, or ... days?

Like the quotes below.

Did anyone say it would be released tomorrow? I am not aware of such rumors. A lot of us are going through exams.
The terrain is pretty much finished. Coding/object editor is still what's left to be done.

Just made up a list because these quotes look important... =P

Level 5
The first picture is so good but in the second one you should add grain near the trees

Good luck with the Dungeon also with the map i really want to play it :)

Level 4
This project looks simply amazing, it's like a real new game, no, better than it !

I am full of ideas for bossfights, but i think it will be useless for you, so i can just tell you :
Realy good job, i hope i will be able to play the beta.
And good luck finishing you project, i will keep an eye on it !

Level 17
We have a lot of coding, actually. =P Sadly, we require videos to properly exhibit systems, etc.

Level 3
I think We* is correct, because i think people who are visiting this page usually, would like to se as much screens as there could be.

Level 17
I think We* is correct, because i think people who are visiting this page usually, would like to se as much screens as there could be.

Well I apologize for any future offense this statement may represent, but our lives are not revolved around yours. We are working, and it may be slow, but this is a hobby, we have our own things to contend with, and we are not being paid. We can just as easily make a crappy demo if you are all going to make comments like that. We don't ask you to check the page daily. If there is an update, then lucky you. If there isn't, don't complain.

End of story.

In related news, the team leaders will be meeting tomorrow to discuss the project, etc. and hopefully organize a teaser report.

Status
Not open for further replies.