• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yee!
I'm currently writing my last piece homework!
This means that there will be blood some major progress during the coming days, weekend and holidays!!

I've nearly finished the Character Panel (a simple multiboard that displays various statistics)!
I'll also try to get that video I promised sometime back up during my holidays next week :)

SHORT CODE PROGRESS REPORT

Hi guys. Just thought of posting some progress report on the codes.

The spells and all spell related systems for the upcoming demo are almost finished.

The core of the quests for the demo are finished and just needs some adjustments.

So guys, just be patient, and thanks for keeping watch of this project.

Level 17
Certain things can be linked to Guild Wars, but as we continue to develop the map, we hope to shed those layers and become a completely different, unique entity. For example, Post-Demo will be a new experience for people who actually played the demo.

Level 2
Keep up the good work guys, I'm looking forward to the demo, and i usually check this page daily. i hope the team can keep up with the promised date =)

Level 12
Every MMORPG I played, and I've played a lot of them had Bleeding and Deep wound spell and other spells with the exact name and effect. But, I haven't seen it in any Wc3 map so, I don't see a problem with it.

1. Bleeding maybe, but I havn't seen Deep Wound.
2. I never said I had a problem with it.

Level 17
Keep up the good work guys, I'm looking forward to the demo, and i usually check this page daily. i hope the team can keep up with the promised date =)

Our main problem at the moment is the male and female models. xD Everything else is going quite swiftly.

Tomorrow, everyone, I will be delivering a progress report revealing the two other classes in the upcoming demo as well as a few core systems and screenshots of Oziris' epic terrain.

Level 17
Thanks for all of your support, guys. It is great to see such a fanbase developing. ^.^

Level 17

... Everwood Entertainment ...

Progress Report VI

Introduction
Hey guys,

I am going to be quick and straightforward in our little introduction. Firstly, give a warm welcome to our new coder, baassee. He is experienced and is already working on code, so we are all very happy to have him! I am sure you would have already worked it out considering he is so active in this thread. I would also like to welcome supertoinkz, our new modeler. Sunchips has left, possibly temporarily, from the world of modeling, so wish him luck in his future endeavors!

I'd also like to mention that we've moved the release date because of Sunchips' departure. Without him, our base female and male models cannot be animated. I apologize, and promise to inform you on this later on!

Reports will also have a new structure. Rather than dividing into the factors upon which the project is based on, I have divided into the following:

Art
Gameplay
Progress

From each of these tabs, you will see two mini-reports. This structure will not take place until the next progress report. In this report, we will be covering:

• Art – Vinosca & Kravengarde
  • Gameplay – Warrior & Paragon [will be revealed, however, in a few days]
  • Progress – [PRE] Demo & [POST] Demo

I'd also like to take the chance to encourage people to sign up at http://soe.forum-free.net/, thank you.

Regards,

Everwood Entertainment

Art

Vinosca & Kravengarde

In the eastern parts of the imperial domain is a land of fertile plains, rolling hills and drenched marshland. It is a large expanse that covers a great deal of the imperial continent, and next to Emperia, is the biggest kingdom of the empire.

Long ago, before the Imperial Crown came to fruition, Vinosca was known as Kravasia. Kravasia was home to many species, but of these species, only two established working societies: the ogres and the humans. The ogres were a race that, though primitive, showed much dedication to the spirits of the elements and the rest of their community. The ogres formed two small clans - one that nestled within the northernmost bogs of Sylvanwood and the second in the hills that bordered the lowlands in the south. The second of these races were humans. Like the ogres, the humans were small in number. The tribal humans were nomadic, frequenting Kravasia constantly. However, when their numbers began to grow, they settled along what is now known as the River Vinos, constructing the city of Kravengarde. From that point, the humans expanded into the plains to the south and the marshes in the north.

Centuries of tranquil rule passed and the Kingdom of Kravengarde blossomed into a systematic farming nation. However, the land ran dry as the underground waters that gave the region life emptied and the kingdom was thrown into poverty. The current ruler of this era, Francois Veldonn, began to pray to the God of Cultivation, Vinos in hopes that he would answer and save the kingdom.

After weeks of silent suffering and prayer, Francois’ persistent worship had come to a halt. He believed that Vinos was ignoring his prayers. However, Vinos had heard the prayers of Kravengarde and responded generously. For he opened the skies, unleashing torrents of rain for days at a time, replenishing the land and making it lush once more. Due to this, Francois dubbed his domain Vinosca, Land of Fertility. It was at that point that Vinos became their patron, and happily accepted his role. Vinosca was forever fertile and beautiful, and for that, the Vinoscans were glad.

Three years later, King Francois died, but his son Etienne was crowned. It was at that point that the ogres of the south became restless and went north. Many of Etienne’s diplomats, even himself, tried to find out why. It was a year from the ogre exodus that they would truly discover the reason behind their migration.

Legions of undeath poured from the deserts under the skeletal fists of the Guild of the Red Hand. Etienne and the Vinoscan Bulwark, the military of the kingdom, tried their best to protect their lands, but failed. Fortunately, the legions of death moved into the marshlands, and Etienne was given the chance to evacuate his people. They fled west where Lucian D’Alessandro, King of Anesia, had called a summit between the five human kingdoms, the runan and the norde. Etienne, upon finding out, demanded invitation. He attended the summit, only to find out that his was not the only kingdom lost at the hands of the undead. Lucian and the other kings, including Etienne, then formed the Imperial Crown. This new empire would not only symbolize humanity, Emperor Lucian said, but humanity’s triumph over the south. The Imperial Crown purged their lands of the undead, and drove them into Vinosca and back into the Gorashi Deserts. The wars that came after this became known as the Gorashi Wars, in which the gnolls and centaurs of the deserts joined the human forces briefly to fight off the undead.

When the wars concluded, Vinosca was reclaimed and Kravengarde remained as a part of the Imperial Crown. Vinos, though disapproving of their actions, remained as their patron deity, away from the Triad of Powers that the Imperial Crown revered. Vinosca then became a main exporter of food and beverage for the rest of the empire, making it one of the wealthiest kingdoms in the empire.

Below are screenshots of the newly terrained Vinosca and Kravengarde. They are still in construction.

Wolfe
Project Writer

Oziris
Lead Terrainer

Progress

[PRE] & [POST] Demo

In this post, I'll elaborate a bit on these two terms, as you may hear them a lot.

I'm just going to go right out and say it - [PRE] Demo is an experiment of sorts. It is likely that [POST] Demo will have new, more interesting things based on the results of [PRE] Demo.

[PRE] Demo will be released in intervals, starting with the upcoming Prelude, then Chapter I and Chapter II. After that, [POST] Demo begins. What we aim to observe in [PRE] Demo is how players react to event quests, if players feel immersed, if players want new classes to replace the current ones ([PRE] Demo only features three of seven classes), whether they'd like to see new skills, whether they'd like to make skill suggestions, what they like about the systems, what they don't, item (including attachment suggestions) etc. [PRE] Demo, simply, is a tool for us to know what you want to make [POST] Demo even better and more enjoyable.

However, there are certain things that are already scheduled to change for [POST] Demo, including the way "death" and "resurrection" is handled and a new skill system based on recent conversations with the team.

What we plan for [PRE] Demo is to release the Prelude, which is two-player, and then upgrade it to six-player for Chapter I and finally ten-player for Chapter II. I will be creating surveys, publishing them, but we're not forcing you to fill them out of course. We'll be accepting formal suggestions (I will also publish a template for you all to follow), etc.

All of this, in essence, is to tailor a game to not only what we as the developers would like to see, but what you as the players would want to see.

Wolfe
Project Lead
Now, I will be updating this exact report in a few days, so be sure to check it in three or so days. I will be updating it with the Warrior & Paragon information. The reason why I did not do it today was because I lost the two documents with the Warrior & Paragon when I was on my laptop and you know how it goes. xD

Stay tuned for the update, and the next report on Saturday the 27/11/2010.

Why the big gap, you ask? Well, I have exams in the three week period before that date, so yeah... sad, I know.

Regards,

Everwood Entertainment

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 127
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 131
Level 17
In the pictures looks like there are a deadly plain horrible silence between the houses and woods...

Edit:

Omg, wow a lot text like about my eyes turned to sleepy and lazy. <((X).(O))>
Nah, let take it a try to read.

Well, I did just say that the terrain was unfinished and still being reconstructed.

The text is pretty much lore. You can choose to read it or not, but it offers some insight into the world in which Imperial players begin. When we begin placing units, creeps, finish detailing the terrain, the silence will be quelled. ^^

Level 17
Just quickly - I'd like you all to welcome back HeroSlayer. If all goes well with his modeling (he's already started!), you can expect the demo to be on schedule!

Level 3
I've been following you guys for so god-damn long, i'd better get like a monument haha. No, All I wish for is an awesome demo that can be re-played. Even if you take 3 more weeks, as long as the demo comes out good and will entertain me and keep me in suspense, I, and i'm sure plenty of others will be happy. Just PLEASE make sure the demo is of good quality. Don't rush it or it'l end up to be a peace of shit.

Level 6
No problem! A rushed demo will surely leak onto the world wide web at a currently undisclosed date! I assure you, however, that your monument will be created asap with code red priority!

Alright, nonsense part done! We're trying to get as much content as possible within the timeframe to keep you folks entertained for at least some playthroughs! We're even incorporating an epic event quest which will test even the most hardened veterans ;)
So expect that it'll take some effort to clear all the content in the demo!

Thanks for the support guys :)
It really means much to us that there are someone who are eager to get their hands on our work!

Level 17
Hero updates are going to have to wait, guys. I'm just really overwhelmed with school. Exams next week and all of my teachers are giving us all of these last minute assessments. Will try to do my best! ^^

Level 2
I'm with TsunamiV, no rushed demo. We all have stuff that gets in the way, and by no means do i want this to suck. Anyways so far looks insanely awesome.

Level 5
For all of you guys who wonder how is the model going to be, here it is:

We must yet decide if every class will have its own model, or if we only need to change the head and muscle sizes for every class.

This is the base model for the human male. The face will be fixed, and the sword and shield are there only for testing purpose.

t4vkv5.jpg

What makes this model different, is that it will be able to support ANY attachment.

Including:
-Helmet
-Chest
-Pauldrons
-Upper Arms
-Lower Arms
-Bracers
-Gloves
-Belt
-Underwear (lol)
-Upper Legs
-Lower Legs
-Greaves
-Boots
-Cape

Is also possible to add necklaces, potions hanging of the belt, etc... ANYTHING :ogre_datass:

Here is an example of the helmet, the upper arms and the chest:

75g2.png

19g3.png

Here it is without the chest:

27g4.png

Of course, It will work with any animation

39g5.png

There are some things that still need to be fixed

31g6.png

85g7.png

This are the testing attachments I made to make sure everything is ok with animations:

90g8.png

So, when this is released, you better play it :ogre_rage:

68g9.png

In case you are confused, with this model you can grab an item ingame, and a piece of armor will appear in the body.

I will post the female model soon enough!!
:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.